Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Hollyoaks' announces shock fire plot

'Hollyoaks' announces shock fire plot

Bonfire Night will turn into a night of terror on Hollyoaks this November when a huge fire starts at Il Gnosh, before dramatically raging through the village.

The shock blaze at Tony Hutchinson's restaurant begins in mysterious circumstances and soon spreads to the upstairs flat and neighbouring buildings.

As the flames continue in their path of destruction, they threaten the lives of some much-loved characters - leaving viewers to wonder who will survive and who will perish.

Show bosses have confirmed that the storyline will see a number of characters bow out from the programme. However, exact details of who will lose their lives are being kept closely under wraps.

The dramatic turn of events begins on screen on Friday, November 5 - Guy Fawkes Night - before continuing in a special block of episodes airing across the following week.

Throughout the first four episodes airing from Monday, November 8, viewers will see various characters finding themselves in peril because of the fire. The last episode of the week - airing on Friday, November 12 - will follow the final stages of the blaze, while the surviving residents suffer an agonising wait to see who makes it out alive.

In a further twist, as the survivors mourn the dead in the aftermath of the fire, the police arrive with some disturbing news - the blaze was no accident and an arsonist is on the loose. The revelation marks the beginning of a shock whodunit investigation.

Speaking of the storyline, Hollyoaks' series producer Paul Marquess commented: "We're remaining very tight-lipped on which characters will survive the fire, but all I will say is that it will be shocking. The sets have been prepped to go up in flames and the cast and crew are excited to film these explosive scenes."

The storyline will be shot at Hollyoaks' base in Childwall, Liverpool over the coming weeks.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (10-09-2010), tammyy2j (06-09-2010)

Soap bosses are quite literally playing with fire at the moment.

Not only will the Queen Vic go up in flames in Walford this week, but Hollyoaks chiefs have revealed that the teen soap will also feature a dramatic inferno.

This November, a blaze will rip through Il Gnosh, the upstairs flat and the neighbouring buildings, causing several characters to lose their lives. Gulp!

And once the surviving residents have come to terms with the tragedy, there will be a big whodunit to deal with as the coppers try and track down the arsonist responsible.

Producer Paul Marquess, who has axed a string of characters in his shake-up of the soap, revealed: "We're remaining very tight lipped on which characters will survive the fire but all I will say is that it will be shocking. The sets have been prepped to go up in flames and the cast and crew are excited to film these explosive scenes."

The explosive scenes play out in the week beginning Monday, November 8.

The first four episodes will follow various residents as they find themselves in deadly danger, while Friday's edition will cut to the surviving locals, who wonder who will make it out alive.

Sounds like a typical Marquess style storyline

Who do you reckon will pop their clogs in the blaze?
    Last edited by alan45; 06-09-2010 at 10:48.

Dom is leaving soon maybe he dies

Hollyoaks' series producer Paul Marquess has revealed that he wants fans to shed tears over the soap's forthcoming fire storyline.

As announced at the weekend, disaster will strike the show's fictional village in November when Il Gnosh is set alight, causing a blaze to spread to the upstairs flat and neighbouring buildings.

Fans will see the plotline begin on Friday, November 5 - Guy Fawkes Night - before it continues in the next full week of episodes.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Marquess commented: "The storyline hooks on Bonfire Night, when viewers will see that bad things are happening in Hollyoaks. Then we go back in time for the first four episodes of the week, and four different stories will play out, leaving the audience wondering who will live and who'll die.

"It's structurally very different, and I just don't think that the other soaps would dare do a plot like this. I really hope that it's going to make people cry an awful lot."

Show bosses have confirmed that the storyline will see a number of characters bow out from the programme. However, details of who will lose their lives in the disaster are being kept closely under wraps.

did i hear that Tony is leaving too? or did i imagine that......reckon it could be that woman's husband that he is seeing who starts the fire???

Hollyoaks' star Bronagh Waugh has said the forthcoming fire plot will be "shocking".

The Irish actress, best known for playing bubbly businesswoman Cheryl Brady on the Channel 4 soap, is keeping tight-lipped about the details of the dramatic storyline but said at the Inside Soap Awards: "I can't say too much about it, but it's incredibly exciting.

"There's a lot of tense drama, and there will be some exits and deaths - we can't disclose who that's going to be, but it's going to be very shocking and saddening," she added.

The blaze that starts at Tony Hutchinson's restaurant Il Gnosh on Bonfire Night soon turns into a night of terror for the villagers, with some bowing out from the long-running soap.

"We've been filming it at the moment. Much loved characters are going. All of us are involved in it," Bronagh added.

She refused to be drawn in to commenting on her own stay, admitting: "I don't know long I'll be there. That depends on the powers that be.

"But at the moment I'm really enjoying myself. I'm enjoying getting more serious storylines with Emmett Scanlan, who plays my brother Brendan. So at the moment, I'm very happy there and enjoying the direction my character is taking," she added.

PA

Steph Cunningham and Amy Barnes Fire Spoiler!

Cliffhanger for Hollyoaks, as Steph rushses into a burning building to help save the lives of Amy Barnes, Leah and Lucas...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1286537793028A

Hollyoaks' fire stunt director Penny Shales has revealed that she wants viewers to be moved to tears when they watch the shock scenes.

As announced last month, Bonfire Night will turn into a night of terror for the show's characters this November when a huge blaze begins at Il Gnosh before spreading to the upstairs flat and neighbouring buildings.

The storyline begins on screen on Friday, November 5 before continuing in a special block of episodes airing across the following week.

Speaking to Soaplife about the plot, Shales explained: "In the flat above Il Gnosh, we burnt for real. We set alight curtains and sofas. It was brilliant fun, it was like, 'What can we burn today?'"

However, she added: "The important thing is not, 'Ooh, we've burnt something'. Anyone can do that. It's about engaging the audience so they will be on the edge of their seats crying."

Hollyoaks' series producer Paul Marquess made similar remarks in an interview last month, explaining that the storyline should "make people cry an awful lot".

Show bosses have confirmed that the fire plot will see a number of characters bow out from the programme. However, details of who will lose their lives in the disaster are being kept under wraps until transmission.

A number of 'Hollyoaks' favourites are set to be killed off during an arson attack of Il Gnosh.

The village restaurant - which is run by long-running character Tony Hutchinson (Nick Pickard) - is set to go up in flame on Guy Fawkes night, November 5, when the eatery is set alight by criminals.

Producer Paul Marquess told the DailyStar.co.uk: "We are not revealing who will survive the fire but fans should be prepared. The victims are much-loved characters and it's going to be truly shocking. The sets have been prepped to go up in flames and the cast and crew are really looking forward to filming such powerful scenes. Hollyoaks will never be the same again."

Tony's brother Dominic Reilly (John Pickard), Malachy Fisher (Glen Wallace), Mercedes Fisher (Jennifer Metcalfe) and her cousin Bart McQueen (Jonny Clarke) are all set to be trapped inside the burning building with a number of their pals.

Steph Cunningham (Carley Stenson) - who is ill with terminal cancer - and her fiance Gilly Roach (Anthony Quinlan), Ravi Roy (Stephen Uppal), Cheryl Brady (Bronagh Waugh) and her pal Lynsey Nolan (Karen Hassan) will also end up fighting for their lives after getting caught up in the blaze.

Young mum Amy Barnes (Ashley Slanina-Davies) will be another 'Hollyoaks' resident stuck in the drama, as she fights to make sure her young children Leah and Lucas are safe.

Other youngsters to struggle out of the building will include schoolchildren Finn and Sinead O'Connor (Connor Wilkinson and Stephanie Davis) and their pal Amber Sharpe (Lydia Lloyd-Henry).

'Hollyoaks' will be airing the upcoming storyline in a week of special episodes in November.

I think Steph, Ravi and Amy die

Thread Information