Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor)

Neighbours returnee Scott McGregor has admitted that filming Mark Brennan's shock comeback scenes was a challenge.

Mark was thought to have died in witness protection nearly two years ago, but a new storyline will see his ex-girlfriend Kate Ramsay (Ashleigh Brewer) left shell-shocked when he reappears in Erinsborough.

Kate is watching an eclipse with new boyfriend Mason Turner (Taylor Glockner) when she catches her first glimpse of Mark.

The shocking sight interrupts an important moment for the new couple, as Mason has just declared his love for Kate.

McGregor told TV Week: "She's at the park with Mason and as the eclipse happens, she sees what she thinks is a glimpse of Mark. But she doesn't know whether or not she's dreaming.

"She can't believe what she is seeing and doesn't know what to think. It kind of takes her breath away, because no-one would know how to react to that."

The actor continued: "I missed Ash and it was amazing to be able to share the screen with her. We spoke a lot about getting the scene right, because there's not many people in the world that have experienced something like that. It's a hard head space to tap into, but it came out really well."

With Mark disappearing as soon as the eclipse is over, Kate tries to find an explanation for what she has seen.

When Kate asks Toadie Rebecchi (Ryan Moloney) for help, he does some digging and discovers that Wes Holland - the main threat to Brennan's life - has recently been killed.

McGregor added: "What you learn is that Wes, the threat to Brennan's life, had tracked him down when he was in witness protection. There was a scuffle and all you really know is that Brennan came out on top. He won the fight and lived to tell the tale."

Brennan is expected to be back on screen for a month.

Neighbours star Scott McGregor has hinted that there may not be a happy ending for his character Mark Brennan and former girlfriend Kate Ramsay.

Mark was thought to have died in witness protection nearly two years ago, but an upcoming storyline will see his ex-girlfriend Kate (Ashleigh Brewer) left in disbelief when he reappears in Erinsborough.

Kate has since started a relationship with Mason Turner (Taylor Glockner) who has just announced his love for her when Kate sees a glimpse of Mark during the eclipse.

McGregor told The West: "Things are different now. Kate has a new boyfriend. When Brennan tells her he still loves her it is hard because she thought he was dead and had let go of him.

"Brennan and Kate definitely have a chemistry and their story left on such a sad note. Their parting was not because they had fallen out of love."

McGregor also admitted that he is grateful to fans who had taken to Twitter and Facebook to air their positive reaction to Brennan.

"It is lovely to hear fans enjoyed the character, but of course it is not just a matter of me saying I want to do it again, there are contracts, timing, all sorts of other factors involved.

"Coming back to the character was like riding a bicycle. I thought it would be nice to get back in a storyline with Kate and I would have loved a bit more, but it's all to do with timing.

"You never know what is going to happen with Brennan."

Neighbours airs a must-see week of episodes on UK screens later this month as a variety of dramatic incidents take place in Erinsborough on the day of the solar eclipse.

As the local community gathers together to witness the astronomical event, the Ramsay Street residents are unaware that some of their lives might be about to change forever.

Kate Ramsay receives the biggest surprise of anyone while she is watching the eclipse at Lassiter's Lake with new boyfriend Mason Turner.

Caught up in the moment, Mason takes the opportunity to declare his love for Kate for the first time.

However, before Kate can respond, she's distracted by a shocking sight - she can see her 'dead' ex-boyfriend Mark Brennan on the other side of the lake.

As Mark (Scott McGregor) disappears as soon as the sun comes out again, Kate is left with huge questions about what she saw - and her renewed fixation with Mark threatens her future with a concerned Mason…

© Channel 5
    Mark arrives during the eclipse.

© Channel 5
    Mark arrives during the eclipse.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-06-2013), tammyy2j (19-06-2013)

Neighbours star Ashleigh Brewer has revealed that she would like to see her character Kate Ramsay end up with former boyfriend Mark Brennan.

Australian viewers will know that Mark has already left Erinsborough following his recent return, but Brewer still believes he is the one for Kate.

Speaking in video interview released by Neighbours producers, Brewer said: "Mark and Kate's time together was so unique and so genuine.

"It almost felt effortless to be written. Everything just flowed so nicely throughout their relationship.

"I would love to see Kate end up with Mark."

Brewer also revealed that she enjoyed working with Scott McGregor, who plays Mark, upon his return to the soap.

She said: "It's great. Him and I are so lucky, we have such a great friendship off screen. Whenever he comes in to this building, it kind of takes out the work aspect for work for me.

"Having him come back, it's just a dream. We are very lucky that we work so well together so it was awesome."

Over on Neighbours, Kate Ramsay has a difficult decision to make after Mark Brennan returns to Erinsborough.

Although Kate (Ashleigh Brewer) is just starting to feel settled in her new relationship with Mason Turner, she finds herself drawn to Mark as she needs closure after his supposed 'death' two years ago.

© Channel 5
    Kate finds herself distracted by Mark.

© Channel 5
    Brennan questions Kate about her new relationship.

Mason (Taylor Glockner) is understandably insecure to learn that Kate's ex is back in town, while Mark can't help but feel that Mason is totally wrong for Kate. As a result, tensions run high between the two men.

© Channel 5
    Kate tries to stop Mason from hitting Mark.

© Channel 5
    Kate calms the situation.

Laying his heart on the line, Mark makes it clear to Kate that he wants her back now that he's out of witness protection.

Kate is torn over what to do, but when Mason learns that Mark already has a girlfriend back in Sydney, all hell breaks loose. But will Mason's discovery affect Kate's decision?

© Channel 5
    Mason reveals Mark's secret.

© Channel 5
    Mason taunts Mark.

© Channel 5
    Mason and Mark fight.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, June 24 and Tuesday, June 25 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-06-2013), tammyy2j (19-06-2013)

Mark is so sexy

what does mark or mason see in kate sorry but she is a very plain jane

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    what does mark or mason see in kate sorry but she is a very plain jane
    I think she's very pretty.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-06-2013), kayuqtuq (20-06-2013)

Yeah sorry, I think she's gorgeous.

must go specsavers as i cant see it

Thread Information