Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    so they get married do they?
    Yes. Sophie is coming back for 2 special occasions. One will be the wedding. Don't know what the other one will be.
    Last edited by gillyH1981; 09-03-2014 at 22:16.

Neighbours star Scott McGregor has promised that fans will be impressed by Kate Ramsay's upcoming exit storyline.

Ashleigh Brewer, who played Kate, finished filming at the soap last December after five years in the role.

McGregor's character Mark Brennan recently returned to Ramsay Street in the build-up to Kate's exit, leaving fans to wonder whether the on-off couple will reunite before she goes.

Speaking on ITV's This Morning today (March 11), McGregor was asked whether there is any chance of a wedding for the pair.

He replied: "Oh, I don't know about a wedding. I can't give too much away, but I will say that Ashleigh's departure - Kate's departure - is seriously good. It's some of the best TV. It's up there with any TV out there."

Mark will be sticking around on Ramsay Street beyond Kate's departure, but McGregor admitted that his long-term future has yet to be decided.

The actor is currently based in Melbourne for Neighbours filming but still has a home in Los Angeles after moving there following his original exit in 2011.

"[I'm staying] for a little while longer," he confirmed. "It's kind of up in the air at the moment. I don't know what's happening, to be honest.

"Ashleigh's actually staying at my place in LA, so she's enjoying that. I'm really happy being back at Neighbours - I love it there. It's a great workplace - not just the cast but the crew are fantastic too, which makes it so much easier."

On his US ambitions, he added: "I've spent the past two and a half years in LA. The one thing for me being there is just seeing that it can happen. It's a matter of just doing the time and being in the right place for the right role."

Neighbours' UK fans will see Kate's exit scenes in late April on Channel 5.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2vflFrK00

Neighbours' Scott McGregor on Kate, Mark reunion: 'Nice moments ahead'

Neighbours returnee Mark Brennan finally makes progress with Kate Ramsay on UK screens next month as he convinces her to give their relationship another chance.

Mark is delighted as Kate (Ashleigh Brewer) admits that he has always been the one for her, but with a departure storyline ahead for Kate, their reunion could be short-lived.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Scott McGregor, who plays Mark, for some hints on what to expect over the next few weeks.

How does it feel to be back on Neighbours?
    "It's great, as there's such a great group of people there. They're good friends of mine, so Neighbours is a really easy job to go back to and I'm really enjoying it."

How did you feel when the producers approached you to return again?
    "I definitely had to think about it, and to be honest, I originally said no. That wasn't because I didn't want to go back, it was just because of timing and the fact that I was living in LA. I had some priorities elsewhere, so it was just a matter of making things work."

You're back just in time for Kate's exit. Was that part of the reason you returned?
    "Definitely - the main reason that I did come back was because I wanted to give Ashleigh a good send-off and the one that she deserves. That was really nice to be involved in."

Mark and Kate get back together in a few weeks' time. How does their reunion come about?
    "Mark has been trying his best to win Kate back, and I guess it was just a matter of time before Kate realised what was there in front of her! Mark has always known that Kate was the one for him, and deep down Kate knows that Mark is the one for her too. She just needs to admit it!"

Kate and Mark's fans have waited a long time for their reunion! Will we see the moments of happiness they've been asking for?
    "Definitely. Once they get back together they share some really nice moments together, but obviously Ashleigh has left the show so there's a bit of a twist in the end. There's some really nice moments on the way before that, though!"

A few of their fans wanted a wedding, but this has since been ruled out. Would you have liked to have filmed a big soap wedding?
    "It would have been nice, but then I also kind of like the way things have happened. A wedding would always be a nice way of seeing them live happily ever after, but there's been so many of those soapie weddings, so I think it's nice that we've done something different instead."

Do you think Ashleigh has a bright future ahead?
    "Definitely. I think Ashleigh is one of those people who has got something special. There's something a little bit timeless about her and she's very talented. I think she's going to do really well, it's just a matter of her landing the right role."

How long are you definitely staying at Neighbours for?
    "I'm still filming at the moment and I'm contracted until mid-July."

If they asked you to stay for longer, would you be interested?
    "I'd definitely consider it. A lot of people forget that, at the end of the day, it's a job and it needs to suit both parties. If it does, I'd love to stay on, but I also need to look at a few other things that are happening in my life. If it works, it works, and if it doesn't, I'll move on."

Brennan works at the garage.
    © Channel 5
    Mark has recently been working at the garage

Have you enjoyed being back in Melbourne for filming after spending the past couple of years in LA?
    "Yeah, I really love it. Melbourne is home and it's where all of my friends and family are, so I love being back."

You've also had the chance to star in some special webisodes…
    "Yeah, those were great. To be honest, I didn't really know how fantastic they were going to turn out. Ric Forster directed them and I'd never seen his work before, so I didn't know how great they were going to be. It's a credit to Ric and his work because they just look brilliant."

Are you happy with Mark as a mechanic or do you miss his detective days?
    "I do miss him as a detective, so I'd love to speak to the script department and see if we can get him back to being a cop again!"

Aside from Ashleigh, who do you enjoy working with most on set?
    "I have a lot of fun working with Stefan Dennis, who plays Paul. We're in a lot of scenes together at the moment and I think we really bounce well off each other.

"Obviously every cast member is great, but I also love working with Ryan Moloney, Alan Fletcher and Jackie Woodburne. To be honest, there's no real favourite - I can't pick one out that stands out more than the others!"

Beyond Neighbours, what are your future ambitions?
    "I'm pretty passionate about what I do, so I don't think I'll be going anywhere or giving up acting anytime soon. I want to continue to push harder and continue to work.

"I think acting is one of those careers where you're continually learning, so I'm willing to put in the hard yards. I'll take the time and the effort to get better and hopefully have a long career, so we'll have to wait and see what happens!"

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...-on-kate-mark-

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (16-03-2014), SoapsJSK (18-03-2014)

So no Kate and Mark wedding!

Quote Originally Posted by gillyH1981 View Post
    Yes.
    Kate and Mark's fans have waited a long time for their reunion! Will we see the moments of happiness they've been asking for?
    "Definitely. Once they get back together they share some really nice moments together, but obviously Ashleigh has left the show so there's a bit of a twist in the end. There's some really nice moments on the way before that, though!"

A few of their fans wanted a wedding, but this has since been ruled out. Would you have liked to have filmed a big soap wedding?
    "It would have been nice, but then I also kind of like the way things have happened. A wedding would always be a nice way of seeing them live happily ever after, but there's been so many of those soapie weddings, so I think it's nice that we've done something different instead."
    Last edited by Perdita; 16-03-2014 at 12:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
    good

Quote Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
    good

Meanwhile, Brennan could have bigger things to worry about when he arrives home to discover that his ex-girlfriend Sienna has arrived.

As Kate (Ashleigh Brewer) heads over to Brennan's house fearing there is an intruder in there, she is shocked when Sienna emerges from the bedroom and immediately assumes that Brennan has invited her.

Kate is visibly moved by the situation and voices her annoyance to Sheila, but when Brennan later catches up with her and explains himself, Kate retaliates by claiming that she isn't worried.

As Sienna makes her way to the Farm Day, Brennan is firm about his feelings for her, explaining that they have no future as he is still in love with his ex-girlfriend.

An upset Sienna wastes no time in working out that this is Kate and shocks her by turning up at her house demanding that she set Brennan free so they can get back together. What will Kate do?

Sienna returns and wants Brennan back
    © Channel 5
    Sienna returns and wants Brennan back

Neighbours airs these scenes on Friday, April 4 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...-pictures.html

Neighbours star Scott McGregor is extending his contract with the soap.

The actor's current deal was due to finish in mid-July, but he has now decided to stick with his role as Mark Brennan beyond that.

Writing on Twitter today (May 13), McGregor told fans: "Happy to say I'll be hangin around Ramsay St for a little while longer!!"

A Neighbours spokesperson also confirmed the news, telling Digital Spy that McGregor has agreed to a longer stay in Erinsborough.

Brennan confronts the PI
    © Channel 5
    Brennan wants answers over Kate's death

Brennan has been back on screen since the beginning of the year. He is currently involved in a dramatic storyline as he continues to search for answers over the shock murder of his girlfriend Kate Ramsay.

McGregor's original stint in Neighbours ran for a year between 2010 and 2011. He also returned briefly in 2013.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (13-05-2014), tammyy2j (13-05-2014)

Neighbours mechanic Mark Brennan faces further turmoil later this month as his former girlfriend Sienna Matthews is questioned by the police over Kate Ramsay's murder.

As Brennan (Scott McGregor) continues to try and move on in the aftermath of Kate's death by starting to sort through her things, he stumbles across some new evidence that could implicate Sienna in the ongoing investigation.

Sienna had sent Kate a threatening note that she had kept, leaving Brennan reeling as he contemplates what to do. When Sienna eventually arrives back, he presents her with his finding and accuses her of being Kate's murderer.

Matt eventually arrives in the middle of Brennan's interrogation and Sienna is taken into custody, where she is questioned over her whereabouts when Kate died.

As Brennan's accusation continues to be investigated, Matt makes it clear that he has stepped over the line this time and will no longer be part of the case.

However, when Brennan sees how shattered Sienna is, he starts to question whether he was actually right in accusing her and has a meltdown...

Sienna is taken in for questioning.
    © Channel 5
    Sienna is taken in for questioning

Sienna is taken in for questioning.
    © Channel 5
    Sienna is taken in for questioning

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, June 4 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Thread Information