Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor)

Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor)

We recently introduced Home and Away's new arrival Paulie Rosetta, so in order to provide a bit of balance on the Aussie soaps front, it seemed like a good idea to give the same treatment to a newcomer who's soon to make his debut on Neighbours.

Detective Mark Brennan - played by actor and model Scott McGregor - arrives on Australian screens next week to investigate the attempted murder of Paul Robinson, whose life is hanging in the balance after he was pushed from the mezzanine level of Lassiters.

Due to the fact that Paul has plenty of enemies, finding out who committed the crime isn't going to be an easy task - does Detective Brennan have what it takes to crack the case?

Speaking to TV Week recently, McGregor commented: "I've done a lot of bit roles over the years in shows like the first Underbelly series and Carla Cametti PD, but this is my first decent part. I've also been modelling for about ten years."

He added: "It started off as a four-week guest role and ended up turning into a longer stint, so that's kinda nice!"

McGregor also teased about who could be responsible for the attack on Paul, promising that there is a big surprise in store.

"All I can say is that people will definitely be shocked when they find out," he said. "If you think you know, think again!"

The attempt to kill Paul takes place in Neighbours' 6,000th episode, which airs in the UK on October 15.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

bingojuls (26-01-2011), Dazzle (30-08-2010), homeawayjsk (07-09-2010), Ruffed_lemur (30-08-2010), tammyy2j (30-08-2010)

I shall be thinking of the more unlikely characters now!

Looks nice indeed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

ROSEMILL (28-07-2015)

Neighbours character Mark Brennan will stay on the soap for another year, it has been revealed.

Scott McGregor will continue to play the detective, who has been investigating the attempted murder of Paul Robinson.

A source told the Daily Star Sunday: "Scott McGregor, who plays Mark, was brought in for a few weeks to cover the investigation into Paul's attack.

"But the girls went mad for him. We haven't seen a reaction like it for years, so his contract was extended until the end of next year.

"He's got some great stuff coming up and everyone is looking forward to how the viewers react when they see what he gets up to in 2011. There's going to be another hot relationship hitting Ramsay Street."

Scott McGregor is to leave Neighbours.

The actor will finish his role as Detective Mark Brennan on the soap.

McGregor first starred on the show in August during a six-month stint, before graduating to a regular cast role in December.

However, TV Tonight have claimed that contractual negotiations led to the role being written out.

A TEN spokesperson confirmed that he will finish filming in April but will remain on air until August.

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Scott McGregor is to leave Neighbours.

The actor will finish his role as Detective Mark Brennan on the soap.

McGregor first starred on the show in August during a six-month stint, before graduating to a regular cast role in December.

However, TV Tonight have claimed that contractual negotiations led to the role being written out.

A TEN spokesperson confirmed that he will finish filming in April but will remain on air until August.

Scott McGregor has discussed his decision to leave the cast of Neighbours, explaining that he wants to focus on his modelling career.

Earlier this month, it was announced that the actor is to finish filming his role as Detective Mark Brennan in April.

Speaking to TV Week about his forthcoming departure, McGregor commented: "It would've been nice to stay longer, but I turn 30 in April and there are things I want to do before I settle down."

He added: "It's been tough [on Neighbours]. I didn't realise how many hours were involved, and I had to knock back so many modelling jobs. I might base myself in Germany for a while - Hamburg is great for catalogue work."

McGregor made his first Neighbours appearance in late 2010, when Brennan was called in to investigate the mystery of who pushed Paul Robinson from the mezzanine level of Lassiters. He was subsequently promoted to a regular cast member on the soap.

His final scenes are expected to air in August.
    DS

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-02-2011), tammyy2j (28-02-2011)

Neighbours actor Scott McGregor has revealed that his character's exit from the soap is not likely to be a happy one.

Scott plays Detective Mark Brennan, who was only meant to be in the Aussie show for four weeks, but who proved so popular with viewers that he was given a longer run, which comes to an end in April.

In that time he has investigated "who pushed Paul" and in recent days has been undercover at the race track. Soon he will be the one pushed out, but where will that leave his love interest Kate Ramsay?

Scott hinted about his exit: "It could be happier," adding, "but all I can say is he is forced to leave the street."

Scott plans to go back to modelling but will miss everyone on the show and especially working with Ashleigh Brewer, who plays Kate.

"They're a fantastic bunch of people and I get along really well with the crew who have been great to me," he said.

"I couldn't have picked someone better to play an on-screen girlfriend. Ashleigh and I hit it off from day one, she's very special.

"The hardest thing has been that we laugh too much, so in serious scenes we are really struggling sometimes to hold it together."

Scott also revealed that the door "could be" left open for his character to return.

PA

Well he dont die if the door is left open for his return

Scott McGregor has revealed that he would not rule out a comeback storyline for his Neighbours character Mark Brennan.

Mark is to leave Erinsborough in the second half of 2011 as McGregor has decided to bow out from the role after less than a year.

In an interview with the official Neighbours website, McGregor was asked whether Mark could eventually return to provide some fresh happiness for his on-off girlfriend Kate Ramsay, played by Ashleigh Brewer.

He replied: "Hmm, he could. His exit has been written so there is a chance he could make a comeback. Who knows, you'll have to keep watching!"

McGregor recently explained that he wants to return to his modelling career, but he has now clarified that he would also like to pursue new acting roles.

"There are still a lot of opportunities in modelling, but I definitely want to continue acting," he said. "I've got the bug now."

The star also paid tribute to Brewer and Scott Major (Lucas Fitzgerald) for their continued support on set.

Asked who he has most enjoyed working with, McGregor replied: "Probably Ash because I didn't expect to click with someone so well and I don't think she realises she has made it a hell of a lot easier for me in my first real acting role - she's taught me a lot. And also Scotty Major has been great, very generous with his time and I've valued his advice along the way."

Brennan's departure scenes are expected to air on Australian screens in August.

DS

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lyndapym (19-07-2011)

Thread Information