Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor)

Neighbours' UK fans bid farewell to Mark Brennan this week as he departs Erinsborough in dramatic circumstances. Wednesday's episode, which plays out in real time, sees the detective enter witness protection due to his involvement in the ongoing police corruption case - but will his partner Kate be able to join him? Off-screen, meanwhile, actor and model Scott McGregor is planning to pursue new projects after departing the role of Brennan. Digital Spy recently caught up with the star for a quick chat about all things Neighbours.

What can you tell us about the real-time episode which sees Brennan make his departure?
    "24 is certainly where they took the idea from. I've seen a rough edit, and when you watch it, you definitely feel like you're watching 24 - it has that real-time feel and there's a heartbeat that runs right the way through the episode, so it's quite dramatic."

The episode sees Brennan and Kate's relationship take centre stage one last time…
    "Yes, it's quite sad! They really want to stay together and it's a 'will she, won't she make it?' feel. It's an emotional episode, but you'll have to wait and see exactly what happens."

As we saw them get together briefly, do you think Brennan and Jade could also have been a good match?
    "I'm not sure they would have made a good match - I think it was just purely a one-off thing. They regret it in some ways, but in other ways they don't. I think that Mark and Kate are definitely the better match."

Did you enjoy the interesting dynamic that built up between Brennan and Kyle as time went on?
    "Yeah, it was really good fun to film. Chris Milligan who plays Kyle is a really good friend of mine, and we had a really good laugh playing those scenes."

And apparently your last ever scene on set was with Chris!
    "It was! It was quite unassumingly emotional. The two characters didn't really like each other at first but became friends as time went on, so for Mark to say goodbye to Kyle was actually quite upsetting."

How would you sum up your experience at Neighbours?
    "I absolutely loved every minute. It's not an easy job and there's definitely a lot of work, but at the same time, it was a lot of fun doing it. I really enjoyed it."

What was the reasoning behind your decision to leave the show?
    "I just felt that there were a few things that I needed to do. I turned 30 this year, so I really felt like I wanted to move on sooner rather than later. I sat down and spoke to my management when there was a new contract on the cards, but I'd already been there for a year, so we all decided that it was time for me to move on and look for other opportunities."

As Neighbours was your first major acting job, do you feel like you learned a lot from the show?
    "Definitely! I think it's known as the fastest-paced show in the world - it's relentless. You really have to be on the ball when you're there and if you aren't, you get left behind. I definitely took a lot out of the experience."

Was your last day on set emotional?
    "It was definitely emotional. When I was filming my last scene, I didn't think that it would hit me the way that it did. I think when you're there, you don't realise what a great family you have on the show. I was only there for a year but I made some really great friends, so it was sad to leave them behind and move on."

Who are you planning to stay in touch with from Neighbours?
    "I'd say the majority of the crew and the cast there - they're all fantastic. Obviously I've made a really good friend in Ash Brewer who plays Kate, as well as Scotty Major (Lucas), Jordan Smith (Andrew), Chris Milligan (Kyle), Jordy Lucas (Summer), Val Novakovic (Tash) and Gemma Pranita (Jade). They're probably the closest bunch, but I'm still really good friends with Stefan Dennis who plays Paul and Alan Fletcher who plays Karl too. They're just an amazing bunch of people."

As you're known for both your acting and modelling, do you have a preference between the two?
    "I'd say I probably enjoy them both equally. Acting is definitely more of a challenge. With modelling, you always get your good jobs and your bad jobs but I definitely still enjoy it."

What does the future hold for you?
    "Well, as soon as I knew that I was leaving Neighbours, I started auditioning for other roles. So back home in Australia, it was one audition after another. Now I'm on my way to the US to meet some US management, so we'll see what happens!"

Neighbours star Ashleigh Brewer has heaped praise on the soap's dramatic departure plot for Mark Brennan.

Tomorrow, UK fans of the show will see Brennan make his exit from Erinsborough as he enters a witness protection programme due to his involvement in a police corruption case.

The detective's final episode plays out in real time in the style of US TV show 24, following Brewer's character Kate Ramsay as she battles to leave the street with her boyfriend.

Speaking to Channel 5's Neighbours website about filming the special instalment, Brewer commented: "The biggest challenge was the rain. It looks amazing, but it was beyond freezing and it was a night shoot. I think it took me a week to thaw out!"

"It was incredibly stressful, in a good way though," she continued. "It was exhausting, and I think we can all say that we were happy once it was over. But the final result was well worth it."

Meanwhile, discussing former co-star Scott McGregor, who played the role of Brennan, Brewer said: "I'm so glad the writers gave him such a good final storyline and that I could be a part of it."

McGregor is now hoping to pursue career opportunities in the US and UK.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lyndapym (19-07-2011)

I might be wrong , but the cop that has "arranged" for Brennan to go into protective custody will be part of the corrupt lot at the station and will be handing him over to others to kill him.

He would have been interviewed by cops from the Protective custody unit more likely in the city and it would have been arranged by them not a cop at his station.
    Last edited by walsh2509; 20-07-2011 at 15:16.

Quote Originally Posted by walsh2509 View Post
    I might be wrong , but the cop that has "arranged" for Brennan to go into protective custody will be part of the corrupt lot at the station and will be handing him over to others to kill him.

He would have been interviewed by cops from the Protective custody unit more likely in the city and it would have been arranged by them not a cop at his station.
    i was pondering that myself, maybe that is how it turns out!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Neighbours' Kate Ramsay will doubt herself when she first spots that her 'dead' boyfriend Mark Brennan is back in Erinsborough, it has been revealed.

Brennan was thought to have died in witness protection in 2011, but a surprise twist will see him back on screen later this year as Scott McGregor reprises the role for a guest stint.

Neighbours' executive producer Richard Jasek has now disclosed the first details of the storyline, hinting that Kate (Ashleigh Brewer) may not be single when Brennan returns.

Jasek told TV Week: "I can reveal [Brennan] comes back during an eclipse, where a whole lot of things happen - and Kate won't be quite sure if she's really seen him.

"But the big questions will be: why has Brennan returned, and at that stage, who is Kate with? You're going to have to keep watching to find out, but it's definitely going to be interesting."

Jasek also confirmed reports of new back-yard sets for Neighbours and other on-screen changes.

He said: "Neighbours is currently going through a renaissance. So yes, we're building new back-lot sets that will be backyards for some of our houses, which we haven't seen before.

"We'll be seeing some renewal for our old favourite sets, such as Harold's and Charlie's, as well as Paul's house, plus some new spaces while Lassiter's hotel goes through a renewal."

Neighbours returns to Australian screens on January 7 and Channel 5 in the UK on January 14.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2GqEBsGFW

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-01-2013), neelix (04-01-2013)

Neighbours star Ashleigh Brewer has revealed that Scott McGregor's return to the soap had to be rushed.

McGregor recently returned to Ramsay Street as Mark Brennan, with Brewer's character Kate Ramsay believing he had died in witness protection.

Brewer explained that over a month's worth of filming had to be crammed into one week due to McGregor living in Los Angeles.

She told PA: "They tried to get a bracket where Scott was free, because he's quite busy living in LA and they wanted to rehash this storyline, so they brought him back, and we filmed about five weeks worth, in one week! So it was really quick.

"So if it looks rushed, that'll be my disguising gone."

The actress added that she was as surprised as Kate was by Mark's return.

She said: "So Kate had cried her eyes out for months, and then I had this meeting and they said 'We're bringing him back' and I was like 'So that was all for nothing?!'

"I had to poke myself in the eyes by the end of it trying to get tears out! So he comes back and she's in massive shock. But it was great having him back.

"And then she has to choose - she's kind of involved with somebody else, and he just throws it all out of whack, so she has to decide."

McGregor departed Neighbours in 2011. His guest stint in the soap was confirmed last November.

Neighbours star Ashleigh Brewer has revealed that Scott McGregor's return to the soap had to be rushed.

McGregor recently returned to Ramsay Street as Mark Brennan, with Brewer's character Kate Ramsay believing he had died in witness protection.

Brewer explained that over a month's worth of filming had to be crammed into one week due to McGregor living in Los Angeles.

She told PA: "They tried to get a bracket where Scott was free, because he's quite busy living in LA and they wanted to rehash this storyline, so they brought him back, and we filmed about five weeks worth, in one week! So it was really quick.

"So if it looks rushed, that'll be my disguising gone."

The actress added that she was as surprised as Kate was by Mark's return.

She said: "So Kate had cried her eyes out for months, and then I had this meeting and they said 'We're bringing him back' and I was like 'So that was all for nothing?!'

"I had to poke myself in the eyes by the end of it trying to get tears out! So he comes back and she's in massive shock. But it was great having him back.

"And then she has to choose - she's kind of involved with somebody else, and he just throws it all out of whack, so she has to decide."

McGregor departed Neighbours in 2011. His guest stint in the soap was confirmed last November.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Moniqorange (15-04-2013)

Haha, this is well funny. I will now be looking for signs they filmed it all in one go!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Ashleigh Brewer has revealed that her character Kate Ramsay will be "torn" and "confused" when ex-boyfriend Mark Brennan makes his shock return to Erinsborough.

Kate is dating new neighbour Mason Turner (Taylor Glockner) when Brennan arrives back later this year.

Brennan (Scott McGregor) was thought to have died in witness protection in 2011, so his unexpected reappearance will turn Kate's whole world upside down.

Brewer told Digital Spy of the upcoming storyline: "I think it was great to bring Mark back. There are so many unanswered questions - not only for Kate but also for the viewers. We all became good friends with Scott when he was here last, so it was great to have him back, although it was too short.

"Kate is in absolute shock when Mark returns - it really rocks her. She has worked very hard to move on and now things are just starting to work with Mason, so it's a very confusing time. She's torn.

"The feelings are definitely still there between Kate and Mark but lots has changed, so who knows what will happen?"

Scott McGregor has already filmed his return scenes as Mark and will be back on screen for a month.

Asked whether the actor is likely to return permanently in the future, Brewer replied: "I can't really answer that, but he certainly has a lot on the go at the moment. Now we have established he is alive, there is no stopping him making a return visit, and that happens a lot on Neighbours."

On the current Kate and Mason pairing, she continued: "Kate is certainly attracted to Mason's cavalier attitude which is quite different from her, so he is intriguing. I think she is enjoying the attention and let's face it, she hasn't had a lot of luck on the love front lately! I think they have potential as a couple."

Brewer also teased another big storyline on the horizon for Kate, hinting that things will be getting even more complicated for her.

She said: "This [story] also involves her love life and the repercussions of a 'moment' she has with someone and how this impacts on other people."

Can't wait for Mark, he was rather hot

Thread Information