Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor)

Mark Brennan is to seek comfort in the arms of Jade Mitchell in a forthcoming Neighbours storyline, reports have revealed.

The detective, played by Scott McGregor, grows closer to Jade after joining her for a night out at Charlie's Bar - keen to let off some steam following troubles at work.

After reporting another member of the police force for corruption in an upcoming plot, Brennan is disappointed as his colleagues start to turn against him. However, some fun with Jade proves to be the perfect distraction.

Gemma Pranita, who plays Jade, confirmed the surprise new pairing in an interview with TV Week, saying: "They're playing pool and getting on really well, when all of a sudden they find themselves kissing."

Pranita added that her character is risking the wrath of her new friend Kate Ramsay (Ashleigh Brewer), who recently broke up with Brennan but still has feelings for him.

She said: "Jade doesn't consider Kate in that moment, as she knows she's broken up with Brennan and doesn't appreciate that it's just not cool to hook up with other people's exes. But I think Kate will be horrified and shocked and angry."

The plot airs next week in Australia and early June on Channel 5 in the UK.

DS

ASHLEIGH Brewer has filmed her final scenes with her screen boyfriend after Scott McGregor’s decision to leave the Channel 5 show.

The actress, who plays unlucky-in-love Kate Ramsay, has had viewers gripped by her on-off relationship with policeman Mark Brennan.

And when she heard the news of Scott’s departure, she knew her character was heading for yet more heartache.

Pretty Ashleigh, 20, said: “She is trying to deal with the break-up and I don’t think in her mind, or his, they truly believe this is forever. They just need time to sort out their issues.

“I think he’s the one for Kate and they are supposed to be together.

“They are both very similar to each other but they have a few hurdles to get over.”

But with Scott having filmed his final scenes, if they do get back together it will be short-lived.

Ashleigh added: “I can’t reveal how Brennan leaves but Kate will struggle. I’ve really enjoyed working with Scott so it was sad to say goodbye.

Daily Star Sunday

Neighbours star Scott McGregor has revealed that his character Mark Brennan makes his departure in a special 'real-time' episode of the soap.

The actor explained that the show's bosses took inspiration from 24 while making plans for the police detective's exit.

McGregor has already filmed his final scenes as Mark after deciding to leave the long-running drama.

Hinting at what fans can expect from Mark's last episode, McGregor told the Daily Star: "My farewell was filmed in real time, like the US show 24."

He added: "You see lots of clocks throughout. It's dark but very cool."

Mark was introduced to Neighbours last year as he investigated Erinsborough's 'Who pushed Paul Robinson?' mystery. He later embarked on a relationship with Kate Ramsay.

McGregor has previously teased that Mark's exit "could be happier". However, the door is expected to be left open for the character's return.

Neighbours' police detective Mark Brennan will depart the soap in dramatic circumstances, executive producer Susan Bower has promised.

The popular character will soon bow out from the Ramsay Street serial after less than a year as Scott McGregor has decided to leave the role.

As revealed earlier this month, Brennan makes his departure in a special real-time episode of Neighbours which focuses entirely on a 30-minute timeframe.

"A beloved character was leaving us. We didn't want him to go out with a whimper. We wanted him to go out with a bang," Bower told TV Week of the special episode.

The instalment in question sees Brennan tell on-off partner Kate Ramsay, played by Ashleigh Brewer, that he is going into witness protection due to his involvement in a police corruption investigation.

After hearing the news, Kate has just 30 minutes to decide whether she wants to leave with Brennan or stay behind in Erinsborough.

Bower said: "[The episode] features about half a dozen people, but it's mainly about just two - Mark and Kate."

The soap's boss added that McGregor and Brewer were both "terribly excited" to be involved in the episode.

Neighbours star Ashleigh Brewer has admitted that she found the soap's forthcoming real-time episode "exhausting" to film.

The actress's character Kate Ramsay will soon take centre stage in a special instalment of the show which sees police detective Mark Brennan make his departure from Erinsborough.

The 24-style episode follows the events of 30 minutes, focusing on a life-changing decision faced by Kate when she discovers that Brennan has to enter witness protection due to his involvement in a police corruption case.

After hearing the news, Kate has just half an hour to decide whether she wants to leave with Brennan or stay behind on Ramsay Street.

"It was incredibly stressful but I guess it was stress in a good way," Brewer told the Daily Star Sunday of the special episode. "There were months of preparation involved so that it could run like clockwork. So I guess it was stressful in the sense the emotional stakes were heightened for a two-week period.

"It was exhausting and I think we can all say we were happy once it was over. But the final result was worth it."

She added: "I had to do lots of running in shoes that I hadn't broken in. My feet were bleeding after the night shoots - it was ridiculous. But it was all for a good cause."

Scott McGregor, who played Brennan, is now pursuing career opportunities in the US and UK.

Mark Brennan's loved ones are to receive a devastating shock on Neighbours when they learn that he has been killed in witness protection, reports have revealed.

The detective, played by actor and model Scott McGregor, recently departed screens in Australia as he was forced to leave Erinsborough and go into hiding due to his involvement in a police corruption case.

In the aftermath of the fan favourite's dramatic exit, Ramsay Street lawyer Toadie Rebecchi is left stunned when he hears that Brennan has been killed after just a few weeks away, TV Week reports.

Following the shock revelation, Toadie is left with the difficult task of sharing the news with Brennan's heartbroken girlfriend Kate Ramsay (Ashleigh Brewer).

Reflecting on the plot twist in an interview with the magazine, McGregor insisted that he is "fine" with Brennan's tragic fate - adding that a future return for the character could still be possible if show bosses have further shocks up their sleeves.

"There have been plenty of other characters who've come back from the dead - but that's not to say I'd want to," McGregor commented. "But if Brennan ever does pop up again, I'd like to be asked first for the role."

McGregor recently announced that he is pursuing UK and Hollywood projects following his Neighbours departure.

oh my word, didn't see that one coming!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Don't see why they kill the character off after he has left already

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Don't see why they kill the character off after he has left already

Could be the same as in H&A, they says he's been killed so no one will be looking for him ?
    Last edited by walsh2509; 06-07-2011 at 03:41.

Could be, I guess, you might be right

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lyndapym (19-07-2011)

Thread Information