Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor)

Meanwhile, Paul Robinson is furious when he discovers that Sienna could be responsible for his niece's death and angrily confronts Brennan at Kate's grave.

After hearing the news from Matt, Paul (Stefan Dennis) turns up at the graveyard and is furious to discover that Brennan is already there.

As Brennan tries to explain that he isn't even convinced that Sienna was responsible, Paul isn't willing to listen and rants at Brennan.

Paul tells Brennan that every lead in Kate's death so far has linked back to Brennan and the fact that Sienna is now being questioned is proof of that.

Devastated by the latest turn of events, Brennan walks off despondently, but is Sienna really responsible for Kate's death?

Paul and Brennan confront each other at Kate's grave.
    © Channel 5
    Paul and Brennan confront each other

Paul still blames Brennan for Kate's death
    © Channel 5
    Paul still blames Brennan for Kate's death

Brennan tries to reason with Paul
    © Channel 5
    Brennan tries to reason with Paul

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, June 4 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Neighbours mechanic Mark Brennan will remain at the forefront of the soap over the next few weeks as the search for Kate Ramsay's killer gathers pace.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Scott McGregor, who plays Mark, to hear his thoughts on the ongoing whodunit mystery and why he is sticking around on Neighbours.

What has Kate's death storyline been like for you to film?
    "It's been a little strange, because it's hard to take any personal experiences from my life when I'm performing the scenes, as I've never dealt with anything like this before. It's a crazy time for Brennan, but he focuses all of his attention and efforts on trying to find Kate's killer. I guess that's the way he's getting by."

Were you surprised when you found out that Kate was being killed off?
    "Yeah, I was. It was a bit of a shock at first, but looking at it from a business point of view, you can't just have everyone riding off into the sunset with a happy ending. The story was obviously polarising, but it was also something a bit different. There are a lot of people who were unhappy with it, but I guess that's life isn't it?"

When did you find out what Kate's exit story would be?
    "I signed on to come back and I basically found out straight away what was going to happen. At first I didn't think it was a great idea, but I think they executed it pretty well. I know it's rated really well too, which is what we're after, I guess!"

We still don't know who the shooter was, so is there a lot more drama to come with this storyline?
    "Definitely! It's only the beginning and I'd definitely tell the viewers to keep watching because there's some really good storylines coming up which are tied in with this."

Will viewers be surprised when they find out who did shoot Kate?
    "I think so, definitely! I can't give too much away but it's probably not who most people think it's going to be, put it that way..."

Will Mark be able to move on once the killer is found?
    "It'll definitely be a relief once it's resolved, as Mark has been so focused on finding the killer. In some ways, it's the only thing keeping him going, so for the next few weeks he's going to focus his attention on that and then we'll see what happens down the track after that."

What does the future hold for Mark and Paul?
    "The thing with Mark and Paul is that they were never really friends to start with - they were only ever acquaintances through Kate. I think that's where they'll stay in the future!"

Will Mark be shocked when he finds out that Imogen has a crush on him?
    "I don't think Imogen's feelings are that important to Brennan. She's at that age where you do have crushes on people, so he won't hold it against her. Brennan won't focus on it too much or pay too much attention to that."

Would you like Mark to get a new girlfriend?
    "I'd like him to stay single for a little while longer. Sometimes it's out of the actor's hands, though, so we'll have to wait and see!"

Mark is one of the only characters on the show without a family on the street, so would you like that to change in the future?
    "I was actually thinking about that today and I think it'd be really nice if we could meet some members of his family in the future. Maybe it's something I'll speak to the writers about.

"I'd love him to get back into the police too, as I think that'd be fantastic for Mark and the show. It's hard because I don't get the opportunity to speak to the writers very often, so it's a case of sitting down and maybe working some things out."

We know now that you're sticking around on Neighbours for a while longer. Was that a decision you had to put some thought into?
    "I'd be lying if I said there wasn't some thought, but I have just signed a new contract. I had to sit down with my girlfriend and my family and speak about it, so it was a big decision - but I'm really enjoying being part of the show at the moment. The people there are great, and I'm really enjoying being back at home in Melbourne too."

How long are you definitely with Neighbours for?
    "I'm contracted until the end of the year, with the potential of going on for another six months after that. I'm potentially there for another year, but I guess there's still a bit of playing it by ear."

In the scenes you're filming at the moment, is Mark experiencing some happier times?
    "They're definitely happier times, but there are obviously also still those moments where Mark thinks about Kate, which I guess is to be expected."

Do you hope Mark and Sonya's friendship continues?
    "Yeah, Eve Morey who plays Sonya is such an amazing actor. There's something that Eve brings to a scene that I can't even put my finger on. I think their friendship is amazing and we've had nothing but good feedback - both from the producers and from fans. It's been awesome working with Eve - she's great."

Are you looking forward to hopefully being part of the show's 30th anniversary next year?
    "Yeah definitely. I have no idea what they've got in store but there's been a lot of whispers about what will happen for the 30 years, so it'll be amazing to be part of it! We'll see what happens."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-06-2014)

Neighbours star Scott McGregor has said that he doesn't want his character Mark Brennan to find romance anytime soon.

Viewers know that Brennan is still grieving over the death of his fiancée Kate Ramsay, but he will soon strike up a friendship with newcomer Paige Smith when they start living together.

Speaking to All About Soap, McGregor said: "A friendship with Paige is on the cards and you will have to watch this space to see what happens.

"Paige is the opposite to Brennan so there is going to be a bit of humour there. Could something develop between them? Who knows!

"I think it's too soon after Kate, to be honest. I've actually asked the writers to hold off on that side of things, but you never know what might happen next."

Olympia Valance, who plays Paige, previously teased a romance for Paige and Brennan, telling Digital Spy: "She is single, he is single - I can't say anymore!"

Speaking about what else could be coming up for Brennan in the future, McGregor added: "His summer is going to be fairly drama-free. He will have some time to himself. "

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lyndapym (22-06-2014), tammyy2j (17-06-2014)

deleted
    Last edited by gillyH1981; 25-09-2014 at 16:05.

Devil in disguise
    A mysterious female from Paul's past lures him and Daniel into dangerous territory.

Finally back in full tride after wrenching himself from the unrelenting jaws of depression, Paul is ready to reclaim his power base in Erinsborough now he's re-assumed the role of mayor but that all changes when he's suddenly snatched into the clutches of a mysterious beauty who plants a passionate kiss upon his lips before slapping his face. Unwilling to allow the unprovoked attack to go unpunished, Paul (Stefan Dennis) chases down his assailiant and comes face-to-face with Dakota Davies (Sheree Murphy) who explains that they met while Paul was a fugitive from justice in Brazil. Sincerely believing that his memories of those years are a blur due to his subsequent brain tumour surgery, Dakota throws out hints to jog Paul's memory, leaving him rattled when he remembers that he treated her badly.

Clearly enamoured and intrigued by her unforseen return, Paul houses Dakota at the hotel free of charge, unaware of he's leaving himself open to. It's soon apparent that Dakota has more than a passionate interlude on her mind when she manipulates Paul into financing her plan to open a bar in town. As he eagerly agrees, Dakota keeps pulling his strings while secretly reporting her successful actions to a mysterious and unseen master. Further pleased by Paul's plan to house the bar in the old radio station building, Dakota lures him into a thank you breakfast, making sure to ingratiate herself with an impressionable Daniel (Tim Phillipps). Seizing upon Paul's open affection for his idealistic and naive newphew, Dakota offers Daniel a job at the bar and pumped by Paul's effusive persuassion, he accepts the position, unaware that he's walking straight into Ms Davies' well-sprung trap, unaware that she's told her boss that Daniel is the perfect front-man for their plans.

However, Dakota has another Ramsay Street man in her sights as she collides with the sexy Brennan (Scott McGregor) and throws herself at his feet. Entertaining her flirtations, Brennan is intrigued to learn of Dakota's past employment with SIPAC Bank, an institution which he soon deduces was involved in nefarious activities. Encouraged to involve the Federal Police, Brennan uses his witness protection contacts to dig for more information but when the AFP can't find enough evidence to move in on Dakota, Brennan is convinced to go undercover to flush out her plans. Although he's aware that he's putting his budding relationship with Paige (Olympia Valance) on the line, Brennan ramps up his "attraction" to Dakota and after successfully inflaming Paul's jealousies, he begins his stakeout.

Soon after, Daniel unwittingly stumbles onto crucial new information while accepting a huge supply of coffee beans in his role as bar manager. Behind Daniel's back, Dakota checks the contents of the boxes, clearly unhappy to see what's inside. Later though, Brennan gets more insight when Dakota hints at a new meeting with some suppliers, forcing Brennan to consider the impact on his life when Paige spies Dakota passionately kissing Brennan and reacts by lashing out at Dakota and destroying information that's vital to Brennan's investigation. Although Brennan refocuses his thoughts in time to romantically trick more information out of Dakota, he's petrified to learn that she's set up Daniel to do her illegal bidding. Discovering that he can't stop the police from carrying out a planned raid on the bar, Brennan frets that an innocent Daniel and Paul are about to be dragged into Dakota's unsavoury activities.

Source: Soap World October 2014

On the wrong Paige
    Paige realises she's fallen in love with Brennan, just as her beau reaches a very different conclusion.

The thrill of going undercover has reignited the passion for police work in Brennan but his secret investigations could be about to tear he and Paige apart on upcoming episodes of Neighbours. When he was called upon to snoop on the mysterious Dakota (Sheree Murphy) and get to the bottom of her criminal activities, Brennan (Scott MCGregor) was at first reluctant to get involved but the attraction of police work held an irresistble pull for Brennan and he soon agreed to go undercover to find out what Dakota is up to.

Of course, this involved getting as close as possible to the flirty and very interested Dakota, a fact which Brennan somehow failed to mention to his girlfriend, Paige (Olympia Valance).

After witnessing Dakota kissing Brennan and misinterpreting it as a sign of mutual attraction between the two, Paige is utterly devastated. How could Brennan do this to her. Confiding in Brad (Kip Gamblin) and Lauren (Kate Kendall), Paige reveals just how vulnerable she is when it comes to men. Paige believes that she must have screwed up somehow in her relationship - why else would Brennan cheat on her?

For their part, Brad and Lauren struggle to believe that Brennan is a cheater and suggest there may have been a misunderstanding. They urge Paige to speak with Brennan but she is reluctant to do so because she is worried he will break up with her if she raises the issue. Instead, Paige sets her sights on waging war on the skanky newcomer who is trying to steal her man - resulting in the wanton destruction of Dakota's laptop.

Meanwhile, Brennan is closing in on Dakota's crime network as Dakota prepares to meet with some suppliers. He's oblivious to the fact that his relationship is in trouble, until a cryptic warning from Brad prompts Brennan to ask Paige if everything is okay between them. It's the perfect opportunity for Paige to open up but she's too scared to take it. The undercover work continues to impact on Brennan's personal life but he can't help but be sucked in to the drama surrounding the quest to bring down Dakota's criminal scheme.

Finally, after some heartfel advice from Lauren about what she needs to do, Paige comes clean to Brennan about witnessing his kiss with Dakota. Paige is left hurt and frustrated when Brennan refuses to confide in her. It seems that Paige's relationship is crumbling all around her and she feels like she has no control over what is happening. She finds comfort with Lauren and Brad but Paige can't avoid her relationship troubles for long.

Once the investigation into Dakota finally concludes, Paige and Brennan sit donw to discuss the elephant in the room. Brennan fails to see how he has done anything wrong but Paige leaves him in no doubt that he has been treating her like garbage. He took on a job, kissed another woman and kept her out of the loop the entire time - which is hardly the way to treat someone you're meant to care about.

With Amber's (Jenna Rosenow) help, Paige realises that she's in love with Brennan. Brennan, on the other hand, talks to Sonya (Eve Morey) and realises that maybe he's not as commited to this relationship as he thinks. Will he pull the plug on their blossoming romance.

Source: TV Soap 9th - 22nd October 2014

Arghh...committment. Its a big word and it shouldn't be thrown around lightly. I am guessing Mark has a decision to make.
    Last edited by melindakw1969; 06-10-2014 at 00:40.

Quote Originally Posted by melindakw1969 View Post
    Arghh...committment. Its a big word and it shouldn't be thrown around lightly. I am guessing Mark has a decision to make.
    Mark doesn't love Paige like she loves him. Mark and Paige split up and Paige moves out of number 24.

Quote Originally Posted by gillyH1981 View Post
    Mark doesn't love Paige like she loves him. Mark and Paige split up and Paige moves out of number 24.
    That must be when Nate moves into number 24 after he attacks Susan.

Quote Originally Posted by gillyH1981 View Post
    That must be when Nate moves into number 24 after he attacks Susan.

Thread Information