Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carl/chas /eve

Carl/chas /eve

I personally can't believe Carl is going to cheat on Chas with Eve. I think once Chas finds out she will be heartbroken I don't think she will ever forgive Carl for his affair with Eve.
    angelblue

There is already a thread on this

Emmerdale star Suzanne Shaw has revealed that her character Eve Jenson may become unpopular with fans because of an upcoming storyline.

Eve will begin an affair with Carl King and Shaw has admitted that viewers may not like seeing someone come between Carl and his girlfriend Chas.

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, she said: "I was really excited when I found out Eve would be having an affair with Carl. But I quickly realised it would make me very unpopular with the majority of Emmerdale fans because everyone loves Carl and Chas together.

"So I’m preparing myself for all the trouble it’s going to cause. It’s a great storyline and I have no idea how it will all turn out. There’s also the small matter of Chas. It’s going to take some doing for Carl to keep it from her.

"It would be a brave or a stupid man who tests Chas but Carl seems determined to give it a go and Eve certainly isn’t one to hold back. One thing’s for sure, if Chas does uncover Carl’s dirty secret he’ll be wise to sleep with one eye open!

"It’s a really juicy storyline to have been given and there’s lots of naughtiness coming up. Eve never ceases to amaze me. She’s a great character to play as she can be so shocking."

She added: "It’s been nearly six months since I joined Emmerdale and it’s just flown by. It’s hard work but I’m enjoying every minute of it and the soap is buzzing at the moment. There are so many huge storylines coming up and I can’t wait to see how it all turns out with Eve and Carl.

"But whatever happens you know that with Eve and Chas being at the centre of it all it’s going to be very dramatic. It’s not going to be an easy time for Carl at all. I know the affair goes on well into the autumn and there are going to be a few twists and turns before it all reaches a climax this Christmas."
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 16-08-2010 at 11:18.

Emmerdale actor Tom Lister has claimed that Carl's fling with Eve will anger viewers.

Lister, 32, revealed that his character's previous affair with Lexi led to abuse from fans, although he insisted that he still enjoys playing his alter ego.

He told Holy Soap: "I don't think he'll be very popular when this plays out. People like Carl and Chas and when I'm blowing that I'll suffer abuse like when Carl and Lexi got together.

"In the end everyone loved Lexi and hated what I did to do her. I try to cut a fine line between being loved and hated."

Lister continued: "It's good to play characters with good and bad sides because it's like real life. Nobody is all good and all bad. People have all sorts of faults and failings and lots of redeeming qualities as well."

He added: "It's part and parcel of job when you're in a soap that a few million people watch. People have lots of opinions they want to share with you, good or bad."

I thought Tom Lister said in an interview that they are not having an affair, just get close to it. Looks like scriptwriters can't think of anything else these days than letting people cheat on their partners

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I thought Tom Lister said in an interview that they are not having an affair, just get close to it. Looks like scriptwriters can't think of anything else these days than letting people cheat on their partners
    Its a stupid storyline imo and the writers have ruined the character of Carl King

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Perdy I read this interview as well but it looks like the writers have changed their plans. What is the point of Emmerdale spliting Chas/Paddy up for Chas to go back with Carl for him to break her heart again. It will only go round and around with Chas leaving him then going back and Aaron kicking jack sh*t out of Carl

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I know, so predictable and boring

Emmerdale star Tom Lister has admitted that he thinks his character Carl King is meant to be with Chas Dingle.

The on-screen couple's relationship is tested when Carl has an affair with Eve Jenson (Suzanne Shaw), but Lister said he hopes that they continue their relationship.

When asked who the right woman for Carl is, he told PA: "I think Chas. I think in many ways they've been through so much yet they've always found each other through the most trying of circumstances.

"I think Chas and Carl are probably meant for each other but in many ways impossible together because they are constantly messing up what they've got, which is so good. It's normally my fault, but hey!"

Speaking of Carl's affair, Lister added: "He thinks he's having his cake and eating it. He doesn't want to hurt Chas but she's oblivious. Eve knows things are still great with Chas yet she's still there being a willing recipient and ready to be there when he needs her.

"He's a bit of a horrendous individual when it comes to stuff like that. He's very selfish and self involved."

Emmerdale star Suzanne Shaw has revealed that viewers can expect to see a new side to her character Eve Jenson as her current storyline continues.

The flirty blonde's latest plot has seen her grow close to businessman Carl King (Tom Lister) - and the pair are to embark on a full-blown affair in the next few weeks.

However, speaking to Take 5 magazine, Shaw explained that fans will see Eve feeling guilty over the clandestine relationship because she is fond of Carl's partner Chastity Dingle (Lucy Pargeter).

Shaw commented: "The good thing about this storyline is that the viewers will see a softer side to Eve. She's become close to Chastity and we'll see her struggling with her conscience."

The actress has been part of the Emmerdale cast since the beginning of the year, when she signed up following a number of West End roles.

Reflecting on how she has settled in, Shaw added: "I love being in such a tight little family. Everyone watches out for one another. But I was terrified on my first scene. I had to walk through the village and it was a really emotional moment.

"Luckily, my on-screen gran Shirley Stelfox has been a real mentor. She's stern both on and off camera, but she's been amazing and has given me lots of technical advice."

Thread Information