Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Carl/chas /eve

Carl King (Tom Lister) lashes out at Chastity Dingle (Lucy Pargeter) when she suggests she thinks he is responsible for starting the fire, and Nick Hensall (Michael McKell) quickly steps in to arrest him..

Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has admitted that she wants her character Chas Dingle to stay at the centre of drama and arguments in the village over the coming months.

Chas has faced family turmoil over the past year due to the dark times endured by her son Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller), while she has also remained at war with ex-partner Carl King.

In an interview with Inside Soap, Pargeter confessed that she is enjoying the turbulence surrounding her alter ego's personal life.

Asked whether she would like Chas to be happy, she replied: "That would be so boring for me to play! I love acting out conflict, so bring on the drama and the fighting."

Meanwhile, speaking of life at the Yorkshire-based soap, she explained: "I've been at Emmerdale for eight years and I'm enjoying it more now than when I started out. With this job it's difficult to feel too comfortable, because you never know when you're going to go - a plane could drop on The Woolpack at any time and wipe us out.

"But it's impossible not to get emotionally involved with everybody. There's not one day I wake up and don't want to go to work. I love this job and I'd be devastated if it ended."

Emmerdale's series producer Stuart Blackburn recently told Digital Spy that there are "life-changing" times ahead for Chas as the show heads into 2012.

Emmerdale star Tom Lister has revealed that his character Carl King will have a new feud on his hands in the coming months.

Carl's recent storylines have seen him support brother Jimmy through his amnesia ordeal and its aftermath, as well as continuing his animosity with ex-fiancée Chas Dingle.

However, in an interview with Inside Soap, Lister explained that Carl will soon be at war with Cain Dingle, played by Jeff Hordley.

Confirming that Carl's next storyline will not be a romantic one, the actor explained: "I don't think anyone in the village would take Carl at this stage, as he's got such a bad reputation!

"However, I do know that Carl and Cain are going to be at loggerheads over the coming months for some reason. There's some unfinished business between the Kings and the Dingles."

Lister also claimed that Carl remains popular with female viewers despite him cheating on Chas with Eve Jenson last year.

"There are a lot of people who just want to take Carl home - they all think he's misunderstood," he explained. "They want to take him under their wing and sort him out! Women come up to me in the supermarket and say, 'Ooh, you're a wrong'un, you are!' It does make me giggle."

Thread Information