Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ex- enders - what happened to them?

Quote Originally Posted by sean slater View Post
    I would say Michelle Collins did really well (Cindy Beale). She's been in loads of thing on screen and stage. Though it does seem that all soap actors do quite well to begin with and then fade into oblivion. I would love Cindy to return. I know it would be slightly unbelievable, but she was an amazing character and actress. And she could stir some proper trouble up on the square.
    She is the Daz washing powder ads now she was when she first left very sucessful in UK dramas but not now

Ross Kemp does well with his documentaries

No other the past actors and actresses have made any dent in the US only Michelle Ryan and Sean Maguire tried and failed

Nigel Harmon seems to have faded away after Hotel Babylon and what has Martin Kemp been up too?

Tazmin has done well in other UK dramas and on the West End stage but nothing spectular

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    what has Martin Kemp been up too?
    He is due to guest star as Mr. Burley in BBC drama series, Waterloo Road in late 2010

3. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (09-08-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    He is due to guest star as Mr. Burley in BBC drama series, Waterloo Road in late 2010
    Nothing major so

The thing with acting though is theres so many of them, for me a major success is movies in america, so for any of those that have gone on to do a few other roles and stuff I think is good for them, cos the trouble with soaps is being typecast

To me a good actor/actress is someone who can adapt to many different roles. There are many UK actors/actresses who haven't made it big in America but can still turn out an award winning performance on a tv drama. I don't get that so many soap cast members just disapear or turn to reality tv once they've left the soap. Writers and Directors should be snapping them up because of the skills they should have learned, such as working long days, learning lines quickly and working to deadlines. But I just feel that many cast members now in soaps not just EE have no drive to progress on to different roles. They have become to comfy in their soap role and don't bother to put in any effort when playing a role.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Ross Kemp launches new production company

Ross Kemp is to sever his ties with Tiger Aspect after five years and set up his own production company called Freshwater Films.

According to Broadcast, Freshwater will produce all of the former EastEnders star's future programmes for Sky, with whom he has an exclusive deal.

The company will also work to develop emerging talent for similarly "hard-hitting, factual shows" for which Kemp has become renowned. The resulting programmes could be shown on other broadcasters and also be fronted by women.

Kemp has taken his production team of series producer Matt Bennett and producer Tom Watson to the new Freshwater offices in London's Aldwych, which they will share with Paul O'Grady's production company, Olga TV.

Freshwater's first commission is understood to be the second series of Ross Kemp: Extreme World for Sky 1, which will be five or six parts depending on the commission.

"I can't run around with 18-year-old marines getting shot at forever, although this isn't a retirement plan," Kemp said.

"Like any other start-up indie, I hope to go on to bigger and better things. It's all about getting the orders, and hopefully commissioners from other channels will want to work with us on big-budget shows with high production values."

So he won't have time for a return to Albert Square, as much as some fans would like to see him back

Is Charlie Clements, who played Bradley, the voice of the Orange pocket landline adverts on the radio?
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    wasnt Ross Kemp's wife caught up in the phone hacking scandal ??????
    Last edited by JustJodi; 06-12-2011 at 02:01.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post
    wasnt Ross Kemp's wife caught up in the phone hacking scandal ??????
    His ex-wife, Rebecca Brooks, yes, she was.

I'd like to see Sean Slater come back and look after his mother

Thread Information