Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs is given a lifetime achievement award for CRIME

oh yeah I always forget about what happened to him. I think what I find really annoying is why sentence them to so many years when they wont serve it all. I know its like that will all crimes but in this case they only just served under a quarter if their time. And one thing that I thought was interesting was that they all were given lon sentences when some of them played such a small part.
    Bare in mind my knowledge of this is only through tv dramas and reading on the internet.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbie For This Useful Post:

parkerman (30-12-2013)

oh yeah I always forget about what happened to him. I think what I find really annoying is why sentence them to so many years when they wont serve it all. I know its like that will all crimes but in this case they only just served under a quarter if their time. And one thing that I thought was interesting was that they all were given lon sentences when some of them played such a small part.
    Bare in mind my knowledge of this is only through tv dramas and reading on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    I did think one if not some did serve their terms?

It was the escapees that annoy people for bucking the system..

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    Did buster Edwards not serve quite a long sentence eventually?
    Last edited by sarah c; 30-12-2013 at 14:00.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    Buster Edwards served 9 years.The longest served was 11-12 years by Gordon Goody, Roy James, Robert Welch, Thomas Wisbey and James Hussey. Biggs served a total of 10 years 10 months.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

sarah c (30-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    Forgot to Go Advanced!
    Last edited by parkerman; 30-12-2013 at 14:44.

Thread Information