Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the new alfie?

the new alfie?

SAUCY Seventies star Robin Askwith is being lined up as the new heartthrob in EastEnders.

Bosses are describing him as the next Alfie Moon and think he will be a huge hit with older viewers.

Robin, 56, who starred as the randy young workman in the bawdy "Confessions of a..." film series, has had three auditions.

A source said: "He's a cheeky chappie and will be a brilliant replacement when Shane Richie leaves at the end of the year.

"His auditions have gone well and the producers are really pleased with how he's bonded with the other cast members."

The exact details of Robin's character haven't been decided yet but there's a strong possibility he will get behind the bar in the Queen Vic.

sounds good but can anyone really take the place of alfie's character?

bondboffin

He's not going to actually be Alfie, he's just going to be a new member of he moon family!

Forever Loving TAO - Messageboard for all Tracy Ann or Chrissie fans!

i gathered that, as they ent killing off alfie cus he may return

i emant hes gonna be a cheaky cockny chappy who is a moon and works behind the vic

a carbon copy of alfie... replacing him if you get what i mean

bondboffin

I'd say that Jake could pass as the new Alfie as he is very similar to him in some ways.

(As nothing has been confirmed shouldn't this be in the rumour mill??)
    Last edited by Babe14; 13-06-2005 at 10:56.

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14
    I'd say that Jake could pass as the new Alfie as he is very similar to him in some ways.
    I don't think Jake's like him that much. Same family I 'spose but apart from that. Alfie's very out going, cheeky, all up for dressing up and acting stupid. Jake's alot more dark and serious. He's quite sincere and he's got a very dry sarcastic sense of humour.

jake si pretty shy, abnd not as outragous and fun as alfie. but i could see him behind the bar with chrissie

but they ent the best ever eastenders couple, good, but not in the same league as shannis and kalfie and bicky (bianca and ricky) and prank (pat and frank) and Nattary (Natalie and Barry) the list goes on...

bondboffin

I wouldn't class Bianca and Ricky, Pat and Frank or Natalie and Barry as the best Eastenders couples. Not in my eyes anyway!

Jake and Chrissie are just starting out. They are new and both have alot of skeletons in their closet. So far we've only seen the fun flirting between them. I want to see what happens when things get serious. When they open up to each and get to know each other properly. Jake really likes her and you can see that by the way he just sits and stares at her. It's up to Chrissie now to sort her head out and get into a position where they can actually have a relationship if she can. Until then you can't really judge them as a couple compared to Sharon and Dennis...etc...
    Last edited by squarelady; 13-06-2005 at 11:01.

Quote Originally Posted by bondboffin
    jake si pretty shy, abnd not as outragous and fun as alfie. but i could see him behind the bar with chrissie

bondboffin
    He's romantic and sensitive like Alfie, he's more serious and more what you'd call the "Moody" type, he has his moments though. One things for sure he's a lot sexier than Alfie

A Very Sexy and Brilliant Actor

Quote Originally Posted by Babe14
    He's romantic and sensitive like Alfie, he's more serious and more what you'd call the "Moody" type, he has his moments though. One things for sure he's a lot sexier than Alfie
    Yer! Jake's the strong and silent type. I love that about him though. They said on the Eastenders Revealed for the Moon's that they liked Joel Beckett because you can see there is a lot going on behind the eyes that you don't know about him and I think that's really true of Jake. You can see in his face there is alot more...you just don't know what yet.

Thread Information