Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Michael Moon (Steve John Shepherd)"

Cool "Michael Moon (Steve John Shepherd)"

Former This Life star Steve John Shepherd has joined the cast of EastEnders in the role of Alfie Moon's younger cousin Michael.

The actor - best known for his part as law clerk Jo in the '90s drama - is to make his Albert Square debut later this year, hot on the heels of Alfie's return to the soap in the autumn.

Described as a risk-taker who loves to live dangerously, Michael is more competitive than Alfie and viewers are expected to soon see his manipulative streak as he settles in to life in Walford.

Michael is also a charmer with an eye for the ladies, but he won't think twice before stabbing someone in the back - even those who are closest to him.

Speaking of his casting, Shepherd explained: "I can vividly remember watching the first ever episode of EastEnders and I'm very excited to be joining such a fantastic and iconic programme. Michael Moon will be an exciting character to play - on the surface he's a loveable, cheeky chappy, but underneath he has hidden depths which will be exciting to explore."

EastEnders' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood added: "I've been a fan of Steve John Shepherd's work for years. He's a fantastic signing for EastEnders, an exciting addition to the Moon family, and is set to cause a big splash in Albert Square from the moment he arrives."

Along with This Life, Shepherd has previously appeared in 2004 thriller movie Layer Cake, drama series Waking The Dead and BBC Three sitcom Lunch Monkeys.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-07-2010), tammyy2j (28-07-2010)

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Had to look this guy up,, wonder who will get tangled up with him first, since there are very few SINGLE ladies left on the square..I presume Chelsa will be long gone when he turns up,, or will be be going from Roxy to Ronnie LOL

New Moon for Walford

EASTENDER Alfie Moon is getting a cheeky COUSIN.
    Steve John Shepherd will play Michael Moon, described as just like Alfie but with "a more manipulative streak and competitive nature".

Steve, who played Jo in BBC drama This Life, said of Michael: "On the surface he is a loveable, cheeky chappy but he has hidden depths, which will be exciting to explore."

Shane Richie returns as Alfie in the Autumn - along with lover Kat Slater (Jessie Wallace).

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0uwsjN0O8

Is he Jake and Danny's brother also?

not sure, guess we will find out some time. I am sure we will also see Spencer back in the not so distant future.

Just for the ladies

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-07-2010), tammyy2j (28-07-2010)

Sure there are some gentlemen who enjoy the look of him

I'm looking forward to Steve John Shepherd joining the cast. I've liked him since This Life.

Loved him in This Life, mind you loved This Life! Bit of eye candy at last!

If they're making a thing out of him not having a problem with stabbing those closest to him in the back, I can see him taking a liking to Kat. I guess if he has a reputation for that sort of thing it would explain why we haven't seen or heard from him sooner. Maxwell was at the wedding and since Jake and Danny are meant to have landed Alfie in prison, that explains why they weren't invited. Michael not being invited would make sense if Alfie thought he'd be after Kat.

I wonder if Michael is a half brother of Jake and Danny - I think I remember at least one of the parents leaving and Danny mentioning them relying on Alfie's mum.

Spoiler:
    I think Chelsea will be gone by the time he arrives; I was under the impression she leaves within the next few weeks.

Thread Information