Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Ithink Denise is dead

4 8.33%
  • No, I don't think Denise is dead

44 91.67%
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Denise (Diane Parish)

EastEnders fans will see Ian Beale and Denise Fox finally get together next month.

The pair succumb to their mutual attraction when they find themselves trapped in the store room at the Minute Mart.

© BBC
    Denise and Ian get locked in the back room of the Minute Mart.

In the build-up to this mishap, Ian (Adam Woodyatt) tries to secure a date with Denise by visiting her at work. Unfortunately, she is far from impressed when he declares that they're both getting on a bit and won't get any better offers.

When Ian returns later to apologise for his behaviour, Denise (Diane Parish) is having none of it, and it seems that he may have missed his chance because she is now interested in a delivery guy who has been flirting with her.

Not wanting to give up, Ian follows Denise into the store room. However, not realising Denise doesn't have a key, Ian lets the door go and they soon find themselves locked in.

When they realise nobody can hear them, Ian and Denise know they are stuck there for the night so they decide to have a drink.

Although they start off by bickering, they soon open up to each other and it's not long before they share a kiss…

© BBC
    Ian and Denise share a kiss.

EastEnders airs these scenes on Wednesday, March 6 at 8pm and Thursday, March 7 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

EastEnders star Diane Parish has admitted that her character Denise Fox won't rush into her new romance with Ian Beale.

Denise shares a kiss with Ian next week after they find themselves locked in the store room at the Minute Mart. Once they are both free, however, Denise doesn't hurry to spread the news that she has a new man in her life.

Parish told Inside Soap: "Denise isn't a silly little girl - she reckons the kiss with Ian was all right, but she doesn't get giddy about it. She's quite impressed that they've managed not to kill one another, and surprised that she's had such a great time with Ian.

"Denise isn't ready to rush into anything, though. They have to work out what's going on themselves before telling anyone. Denise wants to take things slowly."

Denise ends up choosing Ian over a delivery man who has also started taking an interest in her.

Parish continued: "This delivery guy is just stupidly attractive. But while on paper he's hot stuff, Denise realises that when you've already found yourself both mentally and emotionally drawn to someone - in this case Ian - you're not really bothered about anyone else. It doesn't matter how good looking they may be."

EastEnders continues tomorrow (February 28) at 7.30pm on BBC One.

I must admit I find them quite cute together and they are growing on me as a potential couple and Denise gets on well with Lucy

EastEnders actress Diane Parish has praised her character's romance with Ian Beale.

Viewers have seen Denise Fox and Beale become increasingly close after once being enemies in a surprising romance.

Parish supported the way that writers have dealt with the storyline, adding that the romance feels "natural".

"I'm glad it's not being rushed, it feels like a natural relationship between two middle-aged people," she told The Sun.

However, the actress described recent scenes that involved her character surprising Ian at work in only a raincoat as "cringeworthy".

"I can never say that anything I do with Adam Woodyatt [who plays Ian] isn't fun, because he's always up for a giggle.

"But I have to say that at the age of 43, moments like this are more cringeworthy than enjoyable. I wasn't skipping around happily when I knew I had to do it. But thankfully we filmed it in the studio rather than on location so I wasn't freezing cold," she explained.

She added that Denise's "sauciness" is helping to get Ian "back in the game".

The 43-year-old said that co-star and on-screen sister Tameka Empson teased her when it was revealed that Denise and Ian would get together.

"Yeah, I got Ian while Kim had Ray Dixon (Chucky Venn)," she laughed. "But then Denise did have a little slice of him as well!"

EastEnders' Denise Fox will consider leaving Albert Square in the aftermath of Lucy Beale's death.

Earlier this week, viewers saw Denise (Diane Parish) reach the difficult decision to end things with her fiancé Ian Beale, realising that their relationship isn't working.

When news comes through that Lucy has been found dead next week, Denise is forced to delay her departure as she can't bear to add to Ian's grief by revealing her intentions.

After a few days, however, Denise is ready to leave Walford and join her daughter Libby in Oxford, so she packs a suitcase and takes off her engagement ring.

When Patrick Trueman returns home unexpectedly, Denise confesses her plan to him. She expects Patrick to talk her out of leaving Ian, but she is surprised when he books her a taxi instead. Will Denise really leave Albert Square?

Will Denise leave Walford?
    © BBC
    Will Denise leave Walford?

EastEnders airs these scenes on Tuesday, April 29 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

If Ian has to ahve a woman then lets leave him with Denise, Jane is chronic, they look stupid and awkward together, Denise is the best of the two!!

EastEnders star Diane Parish has explained her character's unusual behaviour in next week's episodes, admitting that Denise Fox is at "breaking point".

Monday's visit to Walford will see Denise caught out by her Minute Mart colleague Shabnam Masood (Rakhee Thakrar), who realises that she has stolen food and bottles of wine from their place of work.

Denise's petty crime comes following a difficult few months for her, which have seen her split from Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt) and also become a carer for Patrick Trueman (Rudolph Walker) following his stroke.

Speaking of the challenges that Denise is facing with Patrick, Parish explained: "That's massively got on top of her. It's stress and the fact that they clearly are not a financially sound family.

"The B&B was working for them and then Kim went off and they had to let that go, so her wages at the Minute Mart weren't really keeping them going. Having Patrick not doing anything, it's hard. I think it's been a very tough testing time for Denise."

Viewers will have to wait and see how Shabnam responds to her discovery, but Denise is in no doubt over the seriousness of the situation as she fears losing her job.

Parish also addressed Denise's increased consumption of alcohol and how it will continue to be portrayed on the show.

She said: "What I have asked to be very careful about with every department is that we don't do this blanket wash 'she's alcoholic', because any kind of dependency on alcohol or relationship with alcohol is multi-layered.

"I think for Denise, what's happened is it's just helping her get through the day. If someone turned round and said she'd got a problem, she'd go, 'It's not a problem, everyone has a drink'.

"For Denise, it's just her little reward. It's just tipped over the edge for her, but alcoholic is not necessarily where she is. I think she has an unhealthy relationship with alcohol at the moment, rather than she's roaming the street like Phil Mitchell. I don't think it's there yet, and I don't think it's the disease that Lauren clearly had.

"For Denise, the story we're trying to tell is just the breaking point of a lot of people when they are pushed to the limit - when they don't get help or assistance caring for somebody."

cant believe she is hurting poor defenceless paddy

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    cant believe she is hurting poor defenceless paddy
    It's more common than we think. People who are lone carers (especially someone like Denise who's holding down a cleaning job too) suffer terrible stress and sometimes lash out, even though it's out of character. There may be more to the story than we've heard so far though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    It's more common than we think. People who are lone carers (especially someone like Denise who's holding down a cleaning job too) suffer terrible stress and sometimes lash out, even though it's out of character. There may be more to the story than we've heard so far though.
    no excuse for her to hurt him, despicable act by denise

Thread Information