• Yes, Ithink Denise is dead

4 8.33%
  • No, I don't think Denise is dead

44 91.67%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Denise (Diane Parish)

Diane Parish (her character)

From The Mirror.

SEXY TV cop Diane Parish has been persuaded to shed her uniform - to join EastEnders as a love interest for recent signing Phil Daniels' character Kevin Wicks.

The former star of The Bill and its spin-off series M.I.T. will arrive in Albert Square next spring .

And her sassy but as-yet unnamed siren will quickly become linked with the Wicks family - extended relations of Walford favourite Pat Evans.

Petite Diane, 35, who was named best actress at the Royal Television Awards in 2002 for her role in Babyfather, will be a force to be reckoned with.

An insider said: "She turns up on her own but quickly becomes entangled with Kevin Wicks. She is very much her own person and won't be mucked about. She always gives as good as she gets." Diane has appeared in EastEnders before - playing Lola Christie back in 1998.

Then she found it hard to cope with the fame that comes with being a soap favourite.

She said: "To sit on the Tube and know that people were whispering about you was strange."

But RADA-trained Diane, who in real life lives in East London with long-term partner IT worker Sebastian, now finds being recognised much easier to bear following a host of roles that have made her a household name.

She starred in the recent run of Waking the Dead and has had other major parts in Clocking Off and The Vice.

But she is still best known as DC Eva Sharpe in The Bill and M.I.T. - though she plans to change that after signing a long-term contract with EastEnders.

Diane will be joined on the BBC1 show by beauty Kellie Shirley as the daughter of Kevin - 47-year-old Quadrophenia star Daniels - and older sister of Deano Wicks, played by Matt diAngelo.

Heart-throb Matt has already started filming as Pat's nephew and will hit screens in the New Year.

Kellie, who appeared in the movie Wimbledon as well as comedy series The Office, plays Carly Wicks.

A source said: "Just like her father Kevin, Carly is ballsy and unafraid to speak her mind. She's one of the lads - but she doesn't half scrub up well."

The new characters are being drafted in to spice up the show, which is losing established stars like Jessie Wallace (Kat Moon), Shane Richie (Alfie Moon), Tracy-Ann Oberman (Chrissie Watts), Kim Medcalf (Sam Mitchell) and Billy Murray (Johnny Allen), while Kacey Ainsworth (Little Mo) exits next spring.

She sounds like a good character. I'm really looking forward to the Wicks family joining. Is she a good actress? I have only ever seen her in a few episodes of The Bill so it is difficult to judge.

I remember her from the bill she was a good actress hopefully she will inject some good fun into the square

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

She sounds like a good character. I'm really looking forward to the Wicks family joining. Is she a good actress? I have only ever seen her in a few episodes of The Bill so it is difficult to judge.
    I think if she is RADA trained she should be. Didn't she also used to be in Lovejoy? If it is her, she was good in that!

I'm getting quite excited about all these new characters. It looks like we are going to have a whole new chapter in the New Year and I'm not bothered at all about those leaving. Most have had their day IMHO (with a few exceptions of course).

she was really good in the bill

Quote Originally Posted by sarah21
    I think if she is RADA trained she should be. Didn't she also used to be in Lovejoy? If it is her, she was good in that!

I'm getting quite excited about all these new characters. It looks like we are going to have a whole new chapter in the New Year and I'm not bothered at all about those leaving. Most have had their day IMHO (with a few exceptions of course).
    I completly agree with you. I am really looking forward to the New Year and the new arrivals, especially Phil Daniels' character Kevin. Not sure about Deano though, I hope he can act and is not just a talentless pretty boy. I'm not saying he is, but I'll wait and see.

I'n not overly bothered about those leaving either. I have loathed Alfie since that dreaded storyline, Sharon and Dennis have hogged the screen for far too long, and I have gotten bored with the Den storyline, so although I do like Chrissie as a character, I think she needs to go now too. I have also gone off Kat now as well. The only one I am really going to miss is Johnny as I think he had potential still left.

Roll on 2006, I say.
    Last edited by Florijo; 10-11-2005 at 13:21.

"She is very much her own person and won't be mucked about. She always gives as good as she gets."
    Didn't they say pretty much the same sort of thing about Tina?

I'm already kinda fed up of the Wicks family. I know we need some new characters to fill the gaps, but I'd rather get to know them gradually then have a whole bunch of them thrown at me at once.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKat
    Didn't they say pretty much the same sort of thing about Tina?

I'm already kinda fed up of the Wicks family. I know we need some new characters to fill the gaps, but I'd rather get to know them gradually then have a whole bunch of them thrown at me at once.
    i dont know, the slaters were bombarded on us in a big group? So were the Millers, and they seemed to make quit an entrance.

Should be good having Diane Parish on board.

Thank you Jessie Wallace

wtf she looks just like naomi

Denise Wicks

Does anybody know when Denise is returning? I know the actress that plays her in on Maternity leave. It's just that i'm starting to really miss the character.

Thread Information