Thread: Lap top chill pads

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips

Lap top chill pads

How many of you have lap tops ??? And how many of them tend to overheat after a time, my son had a CHILL PAD to put his lap top on, so I went out and bought one for my Toshiba Satellite.. by George it works,, and only cost me 12 euros,, so if u happen to have an over heated lap top and get black outs because of the over heating, consider getting a chill pad :-)
    This is roughly what it looks like...some of them are not quite wide enough for the wider lap tops/notebooks:

http://www.nextag.com/laptop-cooling...3248712585802A

I got one and OH has too They are working very hard in the hot weather we are having at the moment
    Last edited by Perdita; 23-07-2010 at 13:38.

I've been thinking of getting one for a while but I'd only use it when I'm in bed as I had a laptop riser for my desk which helps the air circulate (which is brilliant btw, I'd never go back to not using one). My Toshiba Satellite Pro doesn't cut out but the hard drive does get very hot and the fan doesn't seem to work effectively. My previous Satellite Pro had a better fan and was just better all round. Upgrades are not all they seem to be.

I guess if you're on the continent or somewhere where it's hot, then they are a good investment. And also for men too, too much heat in the nether regions can reduce your sperm count so it's advised that you don't put your laptop over your bits.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Last week when I was at work some guy had dropped of a number of books and stuff to order. There was a laptop stand for £5 you could order. It was kind of like the round base of a pc monitor with the legs on a keyboard. I was going to order one but it was being delivered while I was on holiday so I didn't bother. I may buy one if they come in again.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information