Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing On Ice 2011

I love DOI but wish they'd stick to celebrities and not relatives and exes of celebrities.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (20-12-2010), tammyy2j (10-01-2011)

Looking forward to seeing Ashley from Coronation st. skating. Hope he has lots of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Ashley from Coronation st. skating. Hope he has lots of fun!
    Will he be the todd carty this year??
    Super Mod

he proably will be! although he may be the surprise!

Looking forward to seeing Denise Welch

Steven Arnold has revealed that the Coronation Street cast have given him their support as he prepares to take part in Dancing On Ice.

Arnold's character in the soap, Ashley Peacock, was one of the characters killed off earlier this month when a gas explosion destroyed The Joinery and caused a devastating tram crash. The 36-year-old was confirmed as one of the contestants on the ITV show over the weekend.

"Everyone of them just wishes me well and they said I'm so brave for doing it," he said. "And they would all like to come and watch me. At least twenty or thirty cast members have asked to come down to watch me so I don’t think I will be short of people from the cast."

However, Arnold confessed that he is not a regular viewer of the show.

"I haven't seen the show before but I have seen clips," he said. "I will be honest with you, I don't watch much television apart from sport or documentaries, but if my girlfriend has got it on or if I'm round at my mum's she has it on."

He added: "I watched the Todd Carty clip and I thought he was fantastic! I mean, if I can get to his level I will be happy."

Kerry Katona, ex-newsreader Angela Rippon and rapper Vanilla Ice are among the celebrities set to take part in the next series of ITV1's Dancing on Ice.

Actor Steven Arnold, whose Coronation Street character Ashley Peacock was recently killed off, is also among the 16 stars hoping to compete.

Although 16 prepared for the show, only 12 will reach the competition stage.

The series will begin with two shows on 9 and 16 January in which four hopefuls will be axed after votes from viewers.

Victoria Cross hero Lance Corporal Johnson Beharry, the first contestant from outside the worlds of sport and showbiz, is also in training to compete.

Soap actors are well represented in the line-up.

Ex-Coronation Street actress Denise Welch, former EastEnders star Sam Attwater, Australian Craig McLachlan - best known for his role in Neighbours - and Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe are all set to appear in the show.

Cricketer Dominic Cork, BBC Radio 1's David Vitty - better known as Chris Moyles's sidekick Comedy Dave - and Chloe Madeley, daughter of Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan, are also in the running.

Nickelodeon presenter Laura Hamilton, Chelsea footballer Frank Lampard's ex-girlfriend Ellen Rives and actress Nadia Sawalha complete the line-up.

Spice Girl Emma Bunton and choreographer Jason Gardiner will remain on the judging panel, along with former figure skater Robin Cousins, who is head judge.

The voting panel has been reduced from four to three after a decision was taken not to replace former judge Nicky Slater, who announced he was leaving the show last month.

BBC News

Hmm, my comment to the above post is not included

Only half of the celebrities taking part in this year's show will skate on Sunday's series six launch episode, with the other eight taking part the following weekend.

Dancing On Ice returns on Sunday at 6.30pm on ITV1. The results show follows at 9.30pm.

The eight contestants taking part in the first Dancing On Ice live show of 2010 have been revealed.

Only half of the celebrities taking part in this year's show will skate on Sunday's series six launch episode, with the other eight taking part the following weekend.

Kerry Katona, Vanilla Ice and Angela Rippon will head up this weekend's bill. They will compete against Johnson Beharry, Corrie's Steven Arnold, TV presenter Jeff Brazier, Nadia Sawalha and Nickelodeon star Laura Hamilton.

Two of the celebrities will be voted off the show after a three-way skate-off. The public will vote for who they want to save from the axe and the judging panel will have no say in who stays or goes until the third week of the competition when the lineup is reduced to the final 12.

Dancing On Ice returns on Sunday at 6.30pm on ITV1. The results show follows at 9.30pm.

Angela Rippon and Nadia Sawalha have become the first celebrities to be eliminated from the new series of Dancing On Ice.

The newsreader and presenter were denied the chance to progress to the next stage of the competition after finishing in the bottom three of the initial public vote along with Laura Hamilton. They were ultimately sent home after the Nickelodeon host was judged by viewers to have performed best in the final skate-off.

Following the elimination announcement, Rippon confessed to hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby that she felt like she had failed professional partner Sean Rice.

"I am gutted, I've had a wonderful time," she said. "I think it's been absolutely tremendous learning to skate with world-class teachers like we have."

Meanwhile, Sawalha - who had previously joked that she would give up her house to stay on the programme - said: "This has been the most incredible experience... What I'm most gutted about is [partner] Mark Hanretty is the most beautiful skater, and [because] he's been holding me up nobody got to see how beautiful he is."

Vanilla Ice, Johnson Beharry, Jeff Brazier, Steven Arnold and Kerry Katona were awarded a spot on the show by audience members based on their debut routines earlier tonight.

The remaining half of the cast will compete for a place in Dancing On Ice next Sunday at 6.35pm on ITV1.

DS

I want Vanilla Ice to win

Thread Information