Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing On Ice 2011

AAGGHH David Lamb makes the show what it is!

ce dancer Nicky Slater has been axed from the judging panel on ITV1 programme Dancing On Ice.

Slater, who has been on the show since the first series in 2006, revealed the news on his official website, posting a message to his fans.

Writing in a post titled 'I Will Not Be Judging Dancing On Ice Series 6', he said: "ITV have told me that they are refreshing the judging panel for the 2011 season of Dancing On Ice and that I will not be on the panel.

"I have been a judge for the last five years on the show. It was a shock to get the news as I was under the impression that I was wanted for the show. However, things changed abruptly. My lawyer was told and had it confirmed again today that I will not be needed."

He continued: "I imagine I will go through the gamut of emotions ranging from loss, to 'woe is me' to a rational balanced approach that justifies the decision in the next few weeks. I've had some of this already. In some strange way, even though I was a contractor out of contract, the surprising and somewhat cursory goodbye feels like I've been sacked!

"So I expect some natural emotional rollercoastering. I have enjoyed being part of a super team and a big show - I love showbusiness. It has sometimes been great fun and often very challenging as a journey for me as a judge on DOI."

Speaking positively about his future, he added: "There are blessings in the news. DOI does take time and a lot of head-space for me and I have been craving time for my own projects.

"Now I have more which is a win. My next year is planned as one of learning, writing and developing music, video and my own show in my studio. I am on a journey that I hope will end up with something magical to give the world.

"I wish all the DOI crew, producers and front-of-house talent every success for series six which I am sure will be as action-packed as ever. Thank you for the five years I've had. I must admit though that I will be glad not to have people shouting down my ear in a hostile environment for a while."

None of last year's judges - Jason Gardiner, Karen Barber, Emma Bunton and Robin Cousins - have been confirmed to return yet for the 2011 series.

Angela Rippon has agreed to compete in the next series of Dancing On Ice, it has been reported.

Rippon - who hosts Cash in the Attic - previously appeared on the judging panel of the ITV skating competition last year as a stand-in for regular judge Robin Cousins.

An insider suggested that Rippon's inclusion on the show may not go down well with her fellow competitors.

The source told The Sun: "This is like judge Dannii Minogue competing on The X Factor, or Arlene Phillips on Strictly Come Dancing. She's got an unfair advantage."

Meanwhile, rumoured participant Kerry Katona is already said to have provoked a reaction from other celebrity contestants.

"They are jealous of the time she gets on the rink and the coaching," the source explained.

Dancing On Ice returns to ITV on January 9, 2011

How is it an unfair advantage. She sat on the judging panel for a couple of weeks, she wasn't on the ice so it's not as if she has had extra lessons.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Phillip Schofield has teased Kerry Katona's reported involvement in the new series of Dancing On Ice.

The 30-year-old was linked to the show in August when she was first photographed practicing at an ice rink.

In her first appearance on This Morning, Schofield told Katona: "You have new opportunities and new TV shows which we can't talk about and wouldn't dream of talking about."

She quipped: "No idea what you're talking about Phillip!"

Hinting again towards her participation, the presenter added: "Not until later on - but that's a lovely opportunity for you as well, should any of that be true."

FRANK Lampard's stunning ex Elen Rivas is set to steam up Dancing on Ice.

Former model Elen, 34, has been confirmed as a contestant - and things could hot up further when she exits the ITV1 show.

Like others who leave, she will be interviewed on Daybreak by Christine Bleakley... who is Chelsea star Lamps' new love.

An insider said: "Elen will bring a bit of glamour to the show.

"But it will also be interesting to see how she and Christine react when they meet for the first time."

Spanish beauty Elen - mum to Lampard's daughters Luna, five, and Isla - split with the footballer nearly two years ago but made no secret of her desire to win back her former fiancé.

She will be joined on the rink by former Neighbours star and singer Craig McLachlan, 45.

Also among the 16 celeb hopefuls, who kick off next month, are axed Corrie actor Steven Arnold - who played soap tram crash victim Ashley Peacock - US rapper Vanilla Ice, reality star Kerry Katonaand Iraq war hero Johnson Beharry.

The insider said: "It's the best line-up ever."

The Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    FRANK Lampard's stunning ex Elen Rivas is set to steam up Dancing on Ice.

Former model Elen, 34, has been confirmed as a contestant - and things could hot up further when she exits the ITV1 show.

Like others who leave, she will be interviewed on Daybreak by Christine Bleakley... who is Chelsea star Lamps' new love.

An insider said: "Elen will bring a bit of glamour to the show.

"But it will also be interesting to see how she and Christine react when they meet for the first time."

Spanish beauty Elen - mum to Lampard's daughters Luna, five, and Isla - split with the footballer nearly two years ago but made no secret of her desire to win back her former fiancé.

She will be joined on the rink by former Neighbours star and singer Craig McLachlan, 45.

Also among the 16 celeb hopefuls, who kick off next month, are axed Corrie actor Steven Arnold - who played soap tram crash victim Ashley Peacock - US rapper Vanilla Ice, reality star Kerry Katonaand Iraq war hero Johnson Beharry.

The insider said: "It's the best line-up ever."

The Sun
    Frank would be better

ITV has confirmed that Dancing On Ice will return on January 9.

The celebrities will compete on a brand new set as the show moves to its new home at Shepperton Studios. Hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby will also present the show in HD for the first time.

The two-hour launch show will also see a change on the judging panel following Nicky Slater's exit.

Kerry Katona recently hinted that she is among those competing to follow in the footsteps of last year's winner Hayley Tamaddon.

Dancing On Ice begins on January 9 at 6.30pm on ITV1.

The lineup for the new series of Dancing On Ice has been revealed.

Coronation Street star Steven Arnold, whose character Ashley Peacock was recently killed in the tram crash, will compete in this year's show, alongside Kerry Katona, Jeff Brazier and rapper Vanilla Ice.

Loose Women's Denise Welch will also take to the rink, as well as former newsreader Angela Rippon, ex-EastEnders star Sam Attwater and Hollyoaks actress Jennifer Metcalfe.

Chloe Madeley, Neighbours star Craig McLachlan, cricketer Dominic Cork and David Vitty - Comedy Dave from Chris Moyles's Radio 1 show - will further star in the ITV skating show. Actress Nadia Sawalha, Nickelodeon presenter Laura Hamilton and Ellen Rives - Frank Lampard's ex-girlfriend - are also among the 16 contestants.

Soldier Lance Corporal Johnson Beharry, who won the Victoria Cross in 2005, completes the cast - marking the first time a competitor has come from outside the world of sport and entertainment.

However, in a new twist, only 12 skaters will make it through to the competition stage, meaning four celebrities will be voted off before they even get the chance to compete.

Emma Bunton, Jason Gardiner and Robin Cousins will return as judges, while Karen Barber will now act as head coach to the contestants. Nicky Slater was axed from the panel last month.

The new series of Dancing On Ice starts with two specials on January 9 and January 16 and two celebrities will be axed during each show.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

megan999 (19-12-2010)

I think the Lance Copral will stand a good chance of winning. If he's a good skater he will win the public vote.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information