Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Dancing On Ice 2011

Yeah..I want Laura to win too.. she has done a fantastic job... Sam was good from day one and Laura has been in bottom two twice already.. nearly out on the first show but she has grown, is taken risks and is really fun to watch...
    Super Mod

i want either Chloe or Laura to win, they've both worked really hard and stayed in without having massive fanbases. plus I think Sam put a lot of people off with the fake romance.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Dancing On Ice contestants Laura Hamilton and Sam Attwater have both been forced to scrap their costumes for tonight's final after suffering wardrobe malfunctions.

The Sun claims that Hamilton's Madonna-inspired corset for her 'Express Yourself' routine was ditched over fears that her breasts may become exposed during the show's live conclusion, while Attwater's jeans for a planned Footloose homage were deemed to be "too revealing" and at risk of splitting.

"Everyone wants to sex it up but nobody wants to come a cropper," a source told the paper.

Referring to the moment that Judy Finnigan inadvertently flashed her bra at the National Television Awards in 2000, the insider jested: "Chloe [Madeley]'s the only sensible one - probably because of her mum's wardrobe malfunction."

Madeley will dance to Glee's take on Dirty Dancing classic 'Time Of My Life' in tonight's final, which airs at 7.40pm on ITV1.

DS

Chloe Madeley has finished third in this year's series of Dancing On Ice.

The TV presenter was sent home after receiving the fewest amount of viewer votes for her self-created Dirty Dancing homage and a repeat performance of her Bollywood-inspired 'Kiss Kiss' routine from week six's 'World Tour'.

Madeley finished bottom of the leaderboard after tonight's initial two dances, notching up a total of 54 points to Laura Hamilton's 56 and Sam Attwater's 58. Her rivals both received at least two 10s from judges, with Hamilton scoring a perfect 30 for her Pointer Sisters tribute.

Speaking after the result, Madeley stated: "I'm just on cloud nine, I'm so thrilled that we got to the final."

After declaring her fondness for professional partner Michael Zenezini, she added: "Hopefully we'll get to do his bolero on tour because it is a treat.

"This has been the most incredible fun, and to everyone who's going to do it next year I'm going to be so jealous. This is the best experience I've ever had."

The show's three judges and the contestants' mentors Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean variously praised Madeley throughout the night for maturing as a skater and a person within the competition.

"You light the ice up," Emma Bunton commented after her first routine, adding later: "I have loved watching you progress, I feel like we've watched this woman [appear] before our eyes, and you've come the furthest for me."

Attwater and Hamilton will now skate Torvill and Dean's legendary bolero routine in an attempt to land the Dancing On Ice trophy.

DS

The Dancing On Ice Champion 2011 is Sam and Brianne they were great!!!

I wanted Laura or Chloe to win. Never mind.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Sam Attwater has been crowned the winner of Dancing On Ice 2011.

The Eastenders actor garnered the most viewer votes after topping off his self-created Footloose showcase and a reprise of his 'Riverdance' routine from 'World Tour' week with an accomplished take on Torvill and Dean's legendary bolero.

Attwater, who sat atop the judges' leaderboard tonight after his initial two routines, beamed as the result was announced and enthusiastically embraced his professional partner and former lover Brianne Delcourt.

The 24-year-old then hoisted Delcourt onto his shoulders as she proudly brandished their hard-fought Dancing On Ice trophy.

When earlier asked by hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby to sum up his experience, Attwater gushed: "It feels amazing and I don't want to do what everyone does but I have to say thank you to everyone… there's so many people here and I've had the time of my life and it's all down to them."

Referring to Delcourt, he added: "I've made a friend for life, and I wouldn't be here now at this point and at the standard I am if it wasn't for Brianne."

Runner-up Laura Hamilton, who scored the series's first and only perfect 30 from judges earlier tonight, graciously accepted her defeat and acknowledged that she could have been eliminated in the first week after finishing in the skate-off after the debut viewer vote.

"It's been such an incredible experience, and to think that [I] could have not even been part of this competition at all," she said. "I've lived, breathed, slept ice skating for the last six, seven months...100% I'm gonna continue skating."

Hamilton's professional partner Colin Ratushniak further praised his companion, stating: "For a first series, who could ask for a better partner, completely fearless... she blew me out of the water with what she could."

Judges Jason Gardiner, Robin Cousins and Emma Bunton variously described Attwater as "amazing", "accomplished", "terrific" and a "real performer" throughout tonight's final.

Bunton said after his 'Riverdance' display: "We are so lucky to have you on this show, you've been an amazing skater all the way through, but I've watched you become an amazing performer [too]."

On Attwater and Delcourt's bolero, Gardiner added: "[It was] incredibly captivating. I believed that you two were passionately involved, but mosty importantly you allowed time to breathe and execute everything so we could enjoy it with you."

Torvill and Dean were similarly impressed with the star's take on their iconic routine, with the former commenting that his dance was "very moving, very passionate, very strong".

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    The Dancing On Ice Champion 2011 is Sam and Brianne they were great!!!
    Yeah! I liked all 3 finalists, but thought Sam deserved to win on the night!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (30-03-2011)

totally agree.. I was Laura fan but on the night Sam was the better competitor.. Laura lost a bit of her sparkle in her showcase and the bolero.. Sam did an amazing job... Was lovely to see Laura get full marks..
    Super Mod

Thread Information