Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing On Ice 2011

Dancing On Ice 2011

Emma Bunton has revealed that she is in talks to return to Dancing On Ice next year.

The 34-year-old, who is hosting Five's talent show Don't Stop Believing, said that she hoped viewers appreciated her honesty with the contestants.

She told What's On TV: "It was brilliant. I hope people thought I spoke my mind and that I was honest with contestants. There is no point being nice all the time.

"You have to give them criticism that can then help them. I'd love to do the show again, but we will have to see. We are currently having talks."

Don't Stop Believing begins tonight at 7pm on Five.

Matthew Cutler has reportedly signed up to compete in Dancing On Ice.

The former Strictly Come Dancing star, who recently quit the BBC show after he was dropped from the main competition, will apparently appear on the show as a celebrity, not as a professional.

According to The Sun, TV presenter Jonathan Wilkes has also agreed to take part in the ITV programme's upcoming sixth series.

An insider told the paper that signing Cutler was "two fingers to the BBC after they dropped him", but another insider added: "It shows the power of Strictly that you can join as an unknown dancer and by the time you leave you can go on to another show as a celebrity."

The 36-year-old dancer, who previously turned down the chance to appear in a special dance troupe on the next series of Strictly, is already thought to have started practising for the competition.

Speaking about Cutler's chances in the contest, a source said: "His dance training will definitely give him an advantage and he could be seen as a front-runner from the off. Other contestants might not be too happy about that."

Wilkes, who is known to be good friends with Robbie Williams, was described as "a popular choice". A source added: "He may even bring Robbie and the Take That boys to the rink to cheer him on."

The new series of Dancing On Ice starts in January 2011.

Emma Bunton has revealed that she is in talks to return to Dancing On Ice next year.

The 34-year-old, who is hosting Five's talent show Don't Stop Believing, said that she hoped viewers appreciated her honesty with the contestants.

She told What's On TV: "It was brilliant. I hope people thought I spoke my mind and that I was honest with contestants. There is no point being nice all the time.

"You have to give them criticism that can then help them. I'd love to do the show again, but we will have to see. We are currently having talks."

Don't Stop Believing begins tonight at 7pm on Five.

This show could do with a big shake up imo

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    This show could do with a big shake up imo
    I agree its getting very dull!

Katie Price is reported to be "furious" over a plan to re-unite Peter Andre and Kerry Katona on the new series of Dancing on Ice.

A tabloid newspaper was told that show bosses have offered a place on the ice dancing contest to the troubled star and said that they are now keen to secure Andre.

The insider claimed that Katona is "chuffed to bits" at being offered the reality TV job as she hopes it will become key to her plans to resurrect her showbiz career.

The source said that Price is "fuming" over plans to have Pete and Kerry on the same show.

KERRY Katona practises at the rink as she tries to rescue her sliding career - in Dancing on Ice.

The reality TV star, 29, sacked as the face of frozen food giant Iceland in a drug scandal last year, is being lined up as a contestant in the new series.

But judging by her wobbly efforts, there could be many a slip before she masters the skates.

And she can expect a frosty welcome from judge Jason Gardiner.

He vowed to quit if the mum-of-four joins the ITV1 show and called her "pond-life".

That's not Kerry nice, Jason.

DANCING On Ice judges Jason Gardiner and Emma Bunton WILL return for the next series, TV Biz can reveal.

And it emerged that the show has found a new home after its Elstree Studios base was pinched by the new Harry Potter flick.

Catty Jason, 45, and former Baby Spice Emma, 34, will return with Robin Cousins, 53, Nicky Slater, 52, and Karen Barber, 49, for the show's sixth run in January.

It was feared that Jason might be axed after saying contestant Sharron Davies looked like "faecal matter".

An ice rink and smaller training facility will be built as the show moves to Shepperton Studios, Surrey.

Vanilla Ice and Calum Best are being lined up to take part in the next series of Dancing On Ice, it has been reported.

The 42-year-old rapper and the 29-year-old model are on a list of names being tried out in training by ITV producers, according to The Sun.

A source said: "Bosses think Vanilla Ice and Calum will be big draws and are eager to get them on."

Other celebrities believed to be in the running to compete on the show include Kerry Katona, Jonathan Wilkes, Johnson Beharry, Matthew Cutler and Tim Westwood.

A Dancing On Ice insider recently informed DS that the show's upcoming sixth series will be filmed in HD at Shepperton Studios for the first time.

Emmerdale actor Dominic Brunt has revealed that he turned down an offer to appear on Dancing On Ice.

Brunt, who has played village vet Paddy Kirk for almost 14 years, told ITN that he had to decline the opportunity as he was too busy.

Several of the ITV soap's former stars have appeared in the skating contest, including Emily Symons, Linda Lusardi, Roxanne Pallett and the winner of the this year's series Hayley Tamaddon.

"Somebody asked me if I wanted to do Dancing On Ice a while ago and I politely turned it down," he admitted. "I don't think I was available anyway because I was doing Emmerdale but I would die!

"Okay, I might not die but I'm pretty sure I'd break my arms and bang my head hard!" he added.

Brunt also confessed that despite liking the show, he had also rejected appearing on Channel 4's Come Dine With Me because of Dave Lamb's narration.

"Somebody also asked if I would like to do Come Dine With Me," he said. "I don't think so! The narration just takes the p*** out of everybody all the way through. Why would you put yourself through that?"

Thread Information