Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Ithink Denise is dead

4 8.33%
  • No, I don't think Denise is dead

44 91.67%
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Denise (Diane Parish)

Maybe it really was Denise's body in the body bag but she was alive working with the police to catch Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    Maybe it really was Denise's body in the body bag but she was alive working with the police to catch Lucas
    They wouldn't do that to the family....would they?

I think that Denise is almost certainly not dead. At the very least, they want us to think that she might not dead. This is reminiscent of when Gary Hobbs was thought to have committed suicide, but turned up at his memorial in the Vic.

We never actually saw what happened to Denise and the next scenes were from the following day. If Denise was strangled then it would have been detectable as the cause of death on the body. I think that the body was probably that of the black prostitute wearing the cross who appeared in two otherwise unexplained scenes. Lucas must have had her captive like Jade and he must have drowned her (baptising her in the bath?) and dumped the body before he sent the text message on Denise's phone; the coroner would have been able to determine time of death accurately. The body in the canal would have been a stunt actor anyway, but the lack of rings on fingers may have been significant as Denise wore a lot of jewelry.

There are, however, some problems, but this may just be because they didn't think things through properly. Lucas not trying to dissuade Chelsea from going to identify the body was surprising if he planned to falsely identify it. Since Denise was under investigation for murderyou would have expected the police on the case, who knew her, to check the body. In the pictures of the funeral there is a photo of Denise by the coffin; wouldn't the undertakers spot that this wasn't the same person they put in the coffin? What if the daughters or Kim wanted to view the body?

Judging from the episode descriptions for next week, I don't think Denise will appear at the funeral shown tonight. It may even be that it all gets too much for Lucas and comes out next week before Denise returns.
    Last edited by David261uk; 23-07-2010 at 10:25.

Quote Originally Posted by David261uk View Post

There are, however, some problems, but this may just be because they didn't think things through properly. Lucas not trying to dissuade Chelsea from going to identify the body was surprising if he planned to falsely identify it.
    This is what I think: if Chelsea did go in the room, then they could both say not Denise, however Lucas got lucky that Chelsea couldn't go through with it... .he was the only one to ID the body...
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by David261uk View Post
    There are, however, some problems, but this may just be because they didn't think things through properly. Lucas not trying to dissuade Chelsea from going to identify the body was surprising if he planned to falsely identify it.
    To me, that's the main argument for Denise really being dead. Lucas wasn't at all perturbed by Chelsea going to ID the body, which would surely mean he had nothing to hide? I still think Denise is probably alive, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    To me, that's the main argument for Denise really being dead. Lucas wasn't at all perturbed by Chelsea going to ID the body, which would surely mean he had nothing to hide? I still think Denise is probably alive, though.
    if he stopped Chelsea then they would ask why.. so very easy for lucas.. Chelsea goes in room with him.. not Denise.. Chelsea doesn't go in room, which I think Lucas suspected all along that she wouldn't, id body as Denise.. Chelsea had to be there to make it all the more real...
    Super Mod

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-07-2010)

Not posted before but I was thinking about this today then came on here for the first time in ages and found the thread.

I think he strangled her until she passed out and is hiding her like that other girl either hoping to convert her or hiding her away out of screwed up shame. Maybe he's hiding them both together and they will escape.

I never noticed the lookalike everyone's talking about but was wondering about that girl who was in the bible class, the one who was going to move away with her gran a few weeks ago. She looked a bit suspicious of him in the bible class and I thought from the pictures that the body looked a bit like her. Maybe she caught up with him and saw something she shouldn't, he strangled her and dumped the body with Denise's phone. He could have seen it as a sign that he'd done the right thing and all the blame could be put on Denise who he sees as a sinner anyway.

Just an idea.

Welcome to SoapBoards, we have a 'Newbie'thread, maybe you like to introduce yourself there and tell us a bit about yourself

I have a feeling a certain Mrs Johnson will be making an appearance at her own funeral tonight

Still don't get it , the cops would have seen the body before any of the family and the cops that interviewed her would have been there too, there is no way the cops would have let it go as far as the family potting her.

Thread Information