Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitzeee Anne Minniver (Rachel Shenton)

Hollyoaks star Rachel Shenton has announced that she is leaving the soap after more than two years playing Mitzeee Minniver.

The actress's final scenes for the Channel 4 show will air early next year, and viewers will see Carl Costello (Paul Opacic) return as part of her exit storyline.

Carl heads back to the village in 2013, determined to get justice for his son Riley, the love of Mitzeee's life who died after being shot by rogue undercover cop Walker (Neil Newbon).

Deciding that Walker has to pay for killing Riley, Carl ropes Mitzeee into a plan for revenge.

The storyline builds up to Mitzeee appearing on Sky News with Eamonn Holmes as part of Carl's plan, but viewers will have to wait and see what part Eamonn could play in bringing down Walker.

A Hollyoaks statement teased: "Mitzeee and Eamonn's collaboration is a must-see and marks Rachel Shenton's departure from the show. However, it remains to be seen whether Mitzeee will get a happy ending away from Hollyoaks, or if her involvement with Carl has put her life in danger."

Meanwhile, Shenton commented: "Mitzeee's final week is not to be missed, especially when she finds herself chatting to the fabulous Mr Holmes.

"I've had an amazing two years playing Mitzeee (with three e's). She's been on an incredible journey that's not over yet. It's been an absolute privilege to work with the cast and crew that make Hollyoaks such a special place.

"This has been one of the hardest decisions I've made, but I feel it's time for Mitzeee and myself to move onto pastures new."

Mitzeee's scenes with Eamonn Holmes will air on Thursday, February 14 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-12-2012)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 20-12-2012 at 20:29.

walker kills her i'd think

Hollyoaks glamour girl Mitzeee Minniver will discover that she is expecting a baby next month, Digital Spy can confirm.

The storyline begins in early February when Mitzeee and her sister Maxine suspect that they could both be pregnant by the same man following their recent encounters with stripper Tyson.

When the pair take pregnancy tests, only one of them turns out to be positive - and viewers soon discover that Mitzeee is the mother-to-be.

The shocks don't end there as Mitzeee later learns that her initial suspicions were wrong - the father is a different man as another surprising discovery proves that Tyson can't be the dad.

Mitzeee's pregnancy builds up to her departure from the show as actress Rachel Shenton recently announced that she had decided to leave the role.

The popular character's exit story sees her agree to help Carl Costello avenge the death of his son Riley - the love of Mitzeee's life - by plotting against rogue undercover cop Walker.

Show bosses have kept tight-lipped over whether there is a happy ending in store for Mitzeee or if Carl's scheme will leave her in danger.

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (24-01-2013), Sparks (29-01-2013), tammyy2j (24-01-2013)

so who is the dad? i hope it isnt carl could it be riley

Hollyoaks' Rachel Shenton reveals to Soaplife how Mitzeee's big exit from Hollyoaks includes not only a pregnancy scare, but also the return of Carl, who involves her in his plan for revenge…

Just as Mitzeee starts to think she's getting her life back on track, along comes another curve ball - she might be pregnant! And while she's dealing with that, Carl returns to Hollyoaks. He's got a plan to avenge Riley's murder and wants Mitzeee's help. But with Mitzeee's exit coming up, it's clear that Carl's plan will have huge ramifications. "I feel I've done lots with Mitzeee and it's time to move on," Rachel tells Soaplife. Fasten your seatbelts!

So, why does Mitzeee think she's pregnant?
    "She's late. So is her sister Maxine. They both think they could be pregnant by the same man – Tyson the stripper. It would be the worst thing possible for Mitzeee. Riley has only been dead for a couple of months and she had a one-night stand with Tyson."

So they buy pregnancy tests…
    "And they do the tests and both tests read negative. The girls say, 'Thank God for that!', chuck the tests down and go to work…"

Could one or both of the tests could be wrong?
    "Mitzeee's certain she isn't pregnant. She's worked out the dates and doesn't think it's possible. I don't know how she would cope if she were. She doesn't feel ready to have a baby now."

Then she's hit by another drama: Carl's return...
    "Mitzeee's shocked to see him. Carl wants revenge on Walker for killing Riley, his son. Mitzeee doesn't feel quite the same. She's still consumed with sadness. She hasn't given much thought to payback."

Soaplife has heard that TV's Eamonn Holmes appears in your exit story...
    "Yes, he does. I was over the moon when I read my leaving storyline. The ending is very dignified and very true. And it was great working with Eamonn. He was very enthusiastic about being in Hollyoaks."

Last edited by tammyy2j; 01-02-2013 at 18:23.

'Hollyoaks': Rachel Shenton on Mitzeee's exit and future plans

Hollyoaks bids farewell to one of its most popular characters next week as Rachel Shenton bows out from her role as Mitzeee Minniver.

Show bosses have lined up a dramatic final storyline for the village's glamour girl, who is left with a massive decision to make when vengeful Carl Costello (Paul Opacic) asks her to be part of a plan to get rid of Walker once and for all.

It's certainly been a tough 12 months for Mitzeee, but with the stakes now higher than ever, is there any hope of a happy ending?

Digital Spy recently caught up with Rachel to hear more about Mitzeee's exit and her decision to leave Hollyoaks.

How are you feeling now that your time on Hollyoaks has come to an end?
    "It's a little bit surreal, actually. I don't feel like I've left yet, because I'm still on screen and I'm still doing interviews concerning my storyline. I think I'll have to wait and see how I feel next week once the final scenes have aired!"

You've left the show of your own accord, so was that a difficult choice to make?
    "Yeah, I kind of think it's harder when it's your own choice! Hollyoaks really is such a great place to work, and there was nothing bad whatsoever about my time there. I loved my job, I loved everybody that I worked with, and I was blessed with great storylines. Career-wise, it's probably one of the hardest decisions I've had to make so far."

How long ago did you make the decision to bow out?
    "I've known that I was leaving for quite a long time. I sort of knew that I was going to leave this time last year, but decided for definite a good six months before."

What was your last day on set like? Were there any tears shed?
    "There were so many tears shed, mainly from me! The scenes that we were doing were quite intense anyway, which was great. But then some of them really didn't require tears, so those were more tricky to film! For example, there was one scene where I had to say goodbye to Jess Fox's character Nancy. I've lived with Jess and I got so upset that we couldn't even do the scene. It was an overload of emotions!

"I also had the most amazing send-off from Hollyoaks. I was filming my last scene and then all of a sudden, our lovely producer Bryan Kirkwood, everybody upstairs from management and lots of cast gave me a lovely send-off with flowers and stuff like that. It was just so overwhelming - that was probably the best bit."

Who are you hoping to stay in touch with?
    "There's so many people! Definitely Jess Fox, Bronagh Waugh and Jen Metcalfe. They're probably the three that I've been closest to during my time on Hollyoaks. I'll definitely be staying in touch with Nikki Sanderson too. She's quite a new addition to the show and we've only worked together for about three months, but we became very close.

"There isn't really anybody who you don't get along with at Hollyoaks, though. As clichéd as it sounds, it is genuinely like one big family. It's actually really difficult to tear yourself away from that!"

Were you pleased with Mitzeee's exit story?
    "So pleased! I hadn't pitched anything to the writers - I left it completely up to them. Because I'd told them quite a while ago that I was thinking of leaving, I just wanted to see how Mitzeee's journey went for myself.

"When I finally heard what it was, I thought it was just perfect. Her departure storyline is just so fitting and I managed to cram every single emotion into that last week. It's going to be a great one to watch, and I'm very excited to see it for myself!"

Were you glad they brought back Paul Opacic as Carl Costello for Mitzeee's exit?
    "I thought that was great - especially because myself and Paul both started on Hollyoaks on the same day. It was really fitting that he would be there for my last day - it just made it feel quite perfect. Paul and I are very good friends, so we had a laugh on those last few days."

How does Mitzeee feel when Carl tells her that he wants to have Walker killed?
    "At first, she's just in total shock. It's the last thing that she'd expect from Carl. There's a big question mark over why Carl is back, but I don't think Mitzeee would ever suspect it would be because of this!

"A tragedy like Riley's death could lead to irrational thoughts in a person's head, but even so, Mitzeee is shocked by just how serious Carl is about this plan. At first she says, 'Absolutely not - I don't want blood on my hands and this is not my fight'. You'll have to wait and see whether she changes her mind."

Mitzeee's final week also sees her make an appearance on Sky News with Eamonn Holmes. What were those scenes like to film?
    "Eamonn really was so much fun and such a good sport. I was quite nervous, actually, because Eamonn's a little bit of a legend and I grew up watching him on TV. But he was so cool and really threw himself into it, actually. He was asking lots of questions and really wanted to do a good job, and he did!"

How did you feel about Mitzeee's pregnancy?
    "I was really shocked when I first heard about that. I'd heard that Mitzeee and Maxine would both think they were pregnant and both take tests, but I was thinking, 'Surely it's going to be Maxine's kid?'

"When I found out that Mitzeee would be the pregnant one, I thought, 'Oh my God, this is amazing - what more can this girl have to deal with?!' I was really interested to see how she would handle it."

Are there any final scenes between Mitzeee and Brendan in her final week?
    "Yes, there are! There's a little twist and Brendan is involved in Mitzeee's final week in an indirect way, so he's definitely there."

Do you think Hollyoaks is going to bounce back from the loss of popular characters like Mitzeee, Brendan and Cheryl?
    "Yes, of course I do. The show is going to be absolutely fine, because we're following Bryan Kirkwood's lead. I feel very confident about Bryan's decisions because he definitely knows what he's doing.

"Hollyoaks will just get stronger and stronger. There will be more characters and more exciting stories. I think it's going to go from strength to strength and I have every faith in it."

Do you think Maxine has a strong future in the village even with Mitzeee gone?
    "I don't see why not! That's absolutely not my decision to make, but she definitely has a place in the village and she's already causing trouble! I think she's made her mark, so I certainly hope so."

What kind of projects would you like to take on next?
    "I've got a few things that I'd like to do. I think I'd really enjoy doing some more theatre, because that's where I started off.

"It's just about the role for me, as cheesy as it sounds. I'd like to do something that's a huge departure from Mitzeee, because I've played this character for a couple of years now. That'd be great, but we'll have to see what happens."

Mitzeee became far more popular than people might have imagined when she first joined. Are you proud of the impact she's had?
    "I try not to think too much about it, but I am immensely proud. It's strange, because Mitzeee almost feels like a very good friend, as odd as that sounds! I really cared about her, and I think her two-year journey has been so full of different emotions.

"That's something I'm proud of, but I'm very proud of everybody there at Hollyoaks, because it's definitely a team effort and the people I worked alongside are very talented."

Which Mitzeee storylines were your favourites?
    "I really liked the prison one, because I really felt like everyone was so invested in that. I had people sending me 'Free Mitzeee' t-shirts, which was the coolest thing ever!

"When I first joined the show, my first Hollyoaks Later series was great too - when Mitzeee was out to get a footballer and she did 'The School of Mitzeee' with Nancy and Theresa! Those three were a really unlikely trio, and I loved that.

"I couldn't single one storyline out, but those are definitely two in my top ten. There's so many!"

How would you like Mitzeee to be remembered?
    "I'd like her to be remembered for everything that she is. I think she's definitely proved three-dimensional, and she's now a different person to who she was in the first few episodes. I actually watched my first few episodes back a few months ago and I thought, 'Wow - this is a different girl'.

"How else would I like her to be remembered? Maybe on the back of a horse naked, I think! She was on the top of her modelling game then!"
    Last edited by Perdita; 07-02-2013 at 12:05.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (07-02-2013)

Hollyoaks character Mitzeee Minniver's baby has been given a name as chosen by a viewer of the Channel 4 soap.

Mitzeee, played by Rachel Shenton, found out that she was pregnant last month. She was shocked to discover that her dead partner Riley Costello was the father and the pregnancy was much further along than she thought.

Hollyoaks asked viewers to come up with names for the unborn child. Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood picked viewer Lizzie's suggestion Phoenix.

Mitzeee left the show a couple of weeks ago while she was still pregnant, but the baby will be referred to as Phoenix when it is mentioned in a future script.

Shenton recently spoke with Digital Spy about her Hollyoaks exit, saying: "It's a little bit surreal, actually. Hollyoaks really is such a great place to work, and there was nothing bad whatsoever about my time there.

"I loved my job, I loved everybody that I worked with, and I was blessed with great storylines. Career-wise, it's probably one of the hardest decisions I've had to make so far."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (07-03-2013)

Former Hollyoaks star Rachel Shenton is planning to launch showbiz classes.

The Mitzeee Minniver actress, who left the show last month, will teach aspiring actors and actresses the skills they need to earn a living in the industry.

Speaking to This is Staffordshire, Shenton said: "There are plenty of good drama schools and academies helping children and young people to learn to sing, dance and act.

"I'm hoping I can fill a gap by helping to advise people on acting mechanics – the kinds of things that, looking back, I would have really benefited from as a teenager."

Shenton's classes will also offer tips on the best ways to get acting work.

She added: "There are things like the importance of having a showreel, a headshot, a cover note, a tailored CV – these are all really important when you are trying out for roles.

"The point of the classes is to help equip young people to give them the best chance of getting work."

Those interested in Shenton's monthly workshops, priced £45, should email: [email protected]

Shenton has just completed filming a pilot for a new comedy for E4. Hollyoaks viewers recently had the chance to name Mitzeee's baby which will be referred to in a future script.

Thread Information