Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitzeee Anne Minniver (Rachel Shenton)

Hollyoaks star Rachel Shenton has promised that there are heated scenes in store as Mitzeee Minniver and Myra McQueen come face-to-face behind bars.

A furious Myra (Nicole Barber-Lane) is transferred to Mitzeee's prison next month, ready to make life hell for the troubled glamour girl.

Myra's daughter Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe) recently framed Mitzeee for a shocking attack by stabbing herself. As Myra is convinced that Mitzeee is guilty, she is grateful for the opportunity to get revenge.

Shenton told All About Soap of the storyline: "I think at that point Mitzeee just wonders if things could get any worse for her. She's already having a really rough time, and then Myra shows up. It's a very calculated decision on Myra's part to get moved to the same jail."

She continued: "Myra will battle tooth and nail for her daughter, and you can just imagine the fighting spirit she has. There's a lot of serious verbal scrapping between Myra and Mitzeee, which in some ways is worse than a punch-up."

To make matters worse for Mitzeee, her cellmate Shayne is threatening her in a devious bid to secure some of Riley Costello's cash. However, when Mitzeee begs Riley for help, she doesn't get the response she had hoped for.

Shenton added: "He's not as supportive as she would like him to be, mainly as he's dealing with his own problems back in the village. It's pretty devastating for Mitzeee of course, because she's still madly in love with Riley. She's hoping he'll have a change of heart."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

Hollyoaks schemer Mercedes McQueen is in for a shock as her mum Myra starts to believe that Mitzeee Minniver could be an innocent woman.

Magazine reports have revealed that Mitzeee's sentencing will take place next month after Mercedes framed the glamour girl for attempted murder by stabbing herself.

However, as Myra (Nicole Barber-Lane) attends the sentencing, she finally realises that something isn't right and comes to the conclusion that Mitzeee (Rachel Shenton) has been innocent all along.

As the horrifying truth sinks in for Myra, viewers will be left to wonder whether she will speak up or protect her twisted daughter's secret...

Meanwhile, Myra isn't the only one on Mercedes's case, as Mitzeee's loyal friend Nancy Osborne (Jessica Fox) will step up her quest for justice in the coming days.

Determined to prove that Mitzeee is innocent, Nancy runs into trouble when Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe) threatens her to keep her nose out.

Nancy is undeterred by Mercedes's warning, but when Mitzeee starts to lose her grip on reality behind bars and is transferred to a psychiatric hospital, it's clear that there's an uphill battle ahead.

Is there any hope for Mitzeee's future? And when will Mercedes get her comeuppance?

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

Hollyoaks schemer Mercedes McQueen is in for a shock as her mum Myra starts to believe that Mitzeee Minniver could be an innocent woman.

Magazine reports have revealed that Mitzeee's sentencing will take place next month after Mercedes framed the glamour girl for attempted murder by stabbing herself.

However, as Myra (Nicole Barber-Lane) attends the sentencing, she finally realises that something isn't right and comes to the conclusion that Mitzeee (Rachel Shenton) has been innocent all along.

As the horrifying truth sinks in for Myra, viewers will be left to wonder whether she will speak up or protect her twisted daughter's secret...

Meanwhile, Myra isn't the only one on Mercedes's case, as Mitzeee's loyal friend Nancy Osborne (Jessica Fox) will step up her quest for justice in the coming days.

Determined to prove that Mitzeee is innocent, Nancy runs into trouble when Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe) threatens her to keep her nose out.

Nancy is undeterred by Mercedes's warning, but when Mitzeee starts to lose her grip on reality behind bars and is transferred to a psychiatric hospital, it's clear that there's an uphill battle ahead.

Is there any hope for Mitzeee's future? And when will Mercedes get her comeuppance?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (28-08-2012)

Hollyoaks star Rachel Shenton has said that she wants her character Mitzeee Minniver to "come out fighting" in the soap's late-night spinoff this year.

Mitzeee has been confirmed as one of the main players in the next series of Hollyoaks Later, which kicks off later this month. Show bosses have promised a "wild excursion" for the glamour girl.

Viewers have seen Mitzeee hit rock bottom in recent weeks after Mercedes McQueen framed her for attempted murder. Things get worse in the coming days as Mitzeee is sentenced to seven years behind bars and is eventually transferred to a psychiatric unit after she loses her grip on reality.

Shenton told Inside Soap: "So many horrible things have happened to Mitzeee - she's so far removed from the girl she was six months ago. This whole chain of events sends her into an even deeper depression.

"Her mum comes to visit her in jail, and that's the first point viewers will see something's really not quite right with Mitzeee now."

Hollyoaks chiefs have kept tight-lipped over how Mitzeee can be out and about in Later this year given her current situation.

However, Shenton teased: "You'll see Mitzeee back in the thick of things - though it might not be how you think! Hopefully her recent experiences will change her for the good, and she'll come out fighting."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (04-09-2012)

Rachel Shenton has said that her Hollyoaks character Mitzeee will never return to her glamour model past.

Shenton suggested that Mitzeee's time in prison, due to being framed for the murder of Mercedes, has hardened her.

She told the Daily Star: "When she first arrived a year ago, she was this ditzy glamour model with big hair. Now you've seen a different side to her.

"I think this has changed her forever.

"I'd like to see her go back to a version of herself but I don't think you can ever go right back when something like this has happened."

Mitzeee, who arrived in the Cheshire village in July 2010, rushed to hospital to be beside dying lover Riley Costello.

Hollyoaks continues this evening at 6.30pm as the Mitzeee storyline heats up.

Hollyoaks glamour girl Mitzeee Minniver hopes that justice will be served as Mercedes McQueen's trial begins next month.

Mitzeee (Rachel Shenton) feels nervous ahead of the all-important court case, but is determined that Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe) should be jailed after framing her for attempted murder and everything that happened with Riley and baby Bobby.

When Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan) spots how uneasy Mitzeee seems about what's ahead, he decides to help her out by teaching her boxing as a method to let out her anger.

When Mitzeee is called to the stand to give her evidence later in the week, she strides purposefully into the courtroom and seems more confident about how things are going to proceed.

However, Mitzeee is soon thrown by an unexpected line of questioning from Mercy's solicitor Jim McGinn, who suggests that Riley could have been the one who attacked Mercedes and also may have been Lynsey's killer.

As we reported earlier in the week, Jim and Mercedes have agreed to blame Riley for everything, realising that it's their best option as the dead footballer isn't around to defend himself.

Mitzeee is appalled to realise that Riley is being turned into a scapegoat, but will the McQueens back up the fabrications about him? And when the jury finally delivers a verdict, will it be guilty or not guilty?

Hollyoaks glamour girl Mitzeee Minniver hopes that justice will be served as Mercedes McQueen's trial begins next month.

Mitzeee (Rachel Shenton) feels nervous ahead of the all-important court case, but is determined that Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe) should be jailed after framing her for attempted murder and everything that happened with Riley and baby Bobby.

When Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan) spots how uneasy Mitzeee seems about what's ahead, he decides to help her out by teaching her boxing as a method to let out her anger.

When Mitzeee is called to the stand to give her evidence later in the week, she strides purposefully into the courtroom and seems more confident about how things are going to proceed.

However, Mitzeee is soon thrown by an unexpected line of questioning from Mercy's solicitor Jim McGinn, who suggests that Riley could have been the one who attacked Mercedes and also may have been Lynsey's killer.

As we reported earlier in the week, Jim and Mercedes have agreed to blame Riley for everything, realising that it's their best option as the dead footballer isn't around to defend himself.

Mitzeee is appalled to realise that Riley is being turned into a scapegoat, but will the McQueens back up the fabrications about him? And when the jury finally delivers a verdict, will it be guilty or not guilty?

Last edited by alan45; 03-12-2012 at 12:34.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Last edited by alan45; 03-12-2012 at 12:39.

Hollyoaks glamour girl Mitzeee Minniver faces a fight for justice this week as she takes the stand at Mercedes McQueen's trial.

Mitzeee is determined that her nemesis should be punished for her recent crimes, but with Mercedes's cunning lawyer Jim McGinn plotting to use Riley Costello as a scapegoat in her defence, it seems that the verdict could go either way…

DS recently caught up with Rachel Shenton, who plays Mitzeee, to hear more about this week's episodes.

It's definitely been a big year for Mitzeee on the show!
    "It has, and I'm so pleased. I feel really lucky with the storylines that I've had this year. Especially so with the trial scenes that are coming up, because it's a really big moment for Mitzeee where she hopes to get justice.

"I'm thrilled with the range of emotions I've been able to play over the past year. It's been really great."

Have you found it easy to switch off from Mitzeee's tears and turmoil?
    "It can actually take a long time to switch off. For example, when Mitzeee was in prison and I was also filming the late-night episodes, I was literally crying day in, day out!

"When you get home, you think, 'I feel really down and I don't know why'. But then you think, 'Bloody hell, I've been crying all day so that's why!'"

What can you tell us about how this week's episodes begin?
    "When Mitzeee hears that the trial is coming up, she tries to put on a front that she's okay and everything is fine. But then Brendan sees a little crack in Mitzeee's armour, and because of the relationship that they have, he pulls her into Chez Chez to have a word.

"Brendan gets Mitzeee to let out some of her frustration on a punchbag. I think that definitely helps and it's the little push that Mitzeee needs, as she just needed someone who understood. As much as her sister Maxine is trying to help, she hasn't been there throughout everything so she can only understand so much."

Had you boxed before?
    "I'd done boxercise classes in the gym, but I'm definitely not a pro! Plus the gloves were too big! I thought it looked quite comedic at one point because I'm so much shorter than Emmett, but once I watched it back, I thought that it looked okay."

What happens next?
    "Getting the push from Brendan - someone who knows her and knows exactly what's gone on - definitely helps. You'll see that Mitzeee goes into court feeling more prepared and ready. I think Mitzeee's primary concern is seeing Mercedes again, because this will be the first time since Riley's death, and she'd also been quite nervous about having all eyes on her.

"Mitzeee desperately hopes that justice will be done, but you never really know until the verdict is read out and there are no certainties, so it's a very tense day for her."

What are courtroom scenes like to film? You've had a few recently!
    "I have! They're very long days - normally people take books with them! Obviously there's so many different shots that the crew need to get from all different angles. There's a lot of waiting around, so that's the only downside to doing a courtroom scene. But with this trial, thankfully I had a lot to do and say, so there wasn't much downtime for me."

Spoilers have revealed that Mercy and her solicitor Jim try to blame Riley for her stabbing. How does Mitzeee react to that?
    "As you would imagine, it's utter disbelief at first. Jim adopts a line of questioning with Mitzeee which puts the blame on Riley, and she just can't believe what is being said to her. She even asks him to repeat himself because she thinks she must have heard it wrong.

"When it dawns on Mitzeee that the plan is to blame Riley, she tries desperately to fight her own corner. But it doesn't work out and she starts to lose her head slightly…"

Do you think Mercedes feels any guilt over what she's doing?
    "Yes, I do. That's my personal take on it, and the viewers will have to wait and see what they think, but I personally believe that she does."

Will Mitzeee want revenge if the verdict is not guilty?
    "She'd definitely be out for revenge - there's no way that Mercedes should be able to get away with that!"

In recent months, your character has seemed more like Ann - her real name - than her alter ego Mitzeee. Will we see the outrageous Mitzeee return?
    "I can tell you 100% yes! I think the past few months have been really, really interesting to watch. What I love so much about my character is that she has those two sides in place, and can use both to her advantage sometimes.

"Recently we've seen this sad, very real version of Ann, but I think it's high time that she moves on and we see a bit of glamour back."

How did you feel about the producers bringing in a sister for Mitzeee?
    "I was very pleased. There'd been no talk of Maxine beforehand so I had a few questions, but as soon as I did a few scenes with Nikki [Sanderson], I thought it was great and I just knew it was going to work.

"There's a really interesting dynamic between them and what you'll see is that Maxine is the one who helps Mitzeee come back to her old self. But I'm not allowed to say any more than that."

There was lots of tension between Mitzeee and Maxine at first. Do you think they work better as friends or enemies?
    "They're absolutely a duo. They're very, very similar like two peas in a pod, so that should be interesting to watch."

Do you want Mitzeee to get a new love interest, or does she need more time to grieve for Riley?
    "I'd say give her a break. She's had a rough year, hasn't she? I think she needs to concentrate on getting back to Mitzeee and feeling good, and then let's deal with her love life after that."

Nancy has been a loyal friend to Mitzeee in recent months. Will Mitzeee return the favour with Nancy's newborn son still in hospital?
    "I'd really like to think so, yes. They've been very, very good friends from day one, and I like it because it's such an unconventional friendship. They're the least likely friendship because they're polar opposites, but they're always there for each other and I'd definitely like to see that continue.

"I'd love to see Mitzeee return the favour because Nancy has helped her out so much."

In past interviews you've spoken about how passionate you are about working with the deaf community. With that in mind, have you enjoyed watching the storyline with Lacey's friend Dylan?
    "Absolutely - I really have and I think we've done it brilliant justice. Plus, I know what's coming up and I know that it's going to become even more enjoyable and more accurate so I'm very, very pleased."

Do you have more fundraising events lined up for the National Deaf Children's Society?
    "I'm climbing Kilimanjaro next September. I should have done it this year, but I couldn't get the time off because of work. But I'm definitely doing that next year and I'm also doing a 10k run in January. I think that's quite ambitious for January after the Christmas festivities!"

Thread Information