Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Britain's Got Talent 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Loved Grace and he.r Grandad he was so sweet. and the guy at the end singing nursery rhymes to snow patrol. Was not expecting that
    He was brilliant.. never laughed so much!!!
    That guy doing the matrix thing was brilliant too
    Super Mod

Simon Cowell has confirmed he will return to Britain's Got Talent for the semi-finals after missing the audition stages to concentrate on US X Factor.

Cowell, who quit the UK X Factor with Cheryl Cole to focus on the American version of the talent show, will judge the live stages of the ITV1 programme alongside current panellists Amanda Holden, Michael McIntyre and David Hasselhoff.

ITV said: "Simon Cowell will return for the Britain's Got Talent semi-finals, starting Monday 30 May."

ANT and Dec say they fear being sacked from Britain's Got Talent by Simon Cowell - because of their Geordie accents.

The duo joked that their days are numbered since Cheryl Cole was booted off the US X Factor show after Americans were baffled by her North East twang.

Speaking ahead of tonight's first semi-final - which sees the return of supremo Cowell to the ITV1 show - Dec quipped: "It would be foolish for us not to be worried. We're going to have to speak reeaally sloowwwly to make sure he can understand us." Ant added: "Why aye, man!"

Cheryl's axing will leave other Newcastle-bred stars - such as the wannabes on new MTV reality show Geordie Shore - wondering if their accents will hold them back from US TV careers.

Ant and Dec - 35-year-olds Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly - know all about trying to crack America themselves after making game show Wanna Bet? there in 2007.

Dec said: "A big deal was made of the accent thing when we went over there. But we encountered very few problems."

Simon, above, returns to the BGT judges panel tonight alongside David Hasselhoff, Michael McIntyre and Amanda Holden.

Ant said: "He's itching to get back. We've all kinda missed him, haven't we? He has a knack of saying exactly what everyone is really thinking. I'm gutted to say this because it will make his head even bigger."

Dec reckons not having Cowell and former judge Piers Morgan there made the show "warmer". He said: "It's had more heart and more laughs. We wanted people to have a good laugh."

The number of acts was last night whittled down to 40 - with scruffy Michael Collings, 19, who lives in a caravan, now being tipped to win.

Ant said: "He was brilliant. It's such a good story with him living in a 'posh trailer'."

The duo, above, also reckon bell-ringers Gay and Alan Cooper helped make it a vintage series. Ant said: "It was a love story. They were sweet."

Along with the uplifting stories, BGT has also tinged with sadness this year.

Judge Amanda Holden lost her baby as the show wrapped - and Dec had to deal with heartache after splitting from his long-term girlfriend, Sky Sports News presenter Georgie Thompson.

He said: "I don't want to go into why but I'll have fond memories."

Thankfully, Dec had best pal Ant to help him through it. Its a friendship they hope will see them into their old age. Dec said: "I see no reason for anything to change."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz1No9aoOhw

Cannot believe how some of the acts got through to the live semi finals, how on earth can a couple who ring handbells and a guy who pops his eyes out of his head be automatic yes's and yet they have to think about whether or not the french and romanian dancers were good enough to go through, neither of them should have been put in the position they were... I think its safe to say that Simon Cowell's gonna have a field day

One word Unbelievable

LFC FOR LIFE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pipette For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (30-05-2011)

Completely agree. Those two guys who had to face off against each other were 100 times better than those 2 acts you mention and yet the french guy was kicked out
    Super Mod

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

pipette (30-05-2011)

So glad that Ronan Parke and Paul Gbegbaje got through, they are both brilliant!!

Anyone care to explain to me why that Lorna Bliss was bought back, 3 no's in the auditions and yet she was in the semi finals, agree with what Simon said about other dance acts deserving to be there but actually enjoyed watching up and over it.

Then there was the results agree New Bounce shoud have gone through but the other one I'm sorry but no, personally I wanted Two and a Half Men to go through

LFC FOR LIFE

No idea how the hell she came back except that she was scantly clad in her audition.. there were way better ones than her...

Delight Jean got through.. but I don't see any of the two last night winning this... so far only Ronan has impressed me
    Super Mod

Who got through last night?? missed it as I was watching the Apprentice
    Super Mod

Last night, impressionist Les Gibson and dancer James Hobley became the fifth and sixth acts to join the lineup for Saturday night's final of Britain's Got Talent.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (02-06-2011)

Thread Information