Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 7 - News, Discussion and Spoilers

Desperate Housewives Season 7 - News, Discussion and Spoilers

Vanessa Williams is joining the cast of Desperate Housewives!

The Ugly Betty alum will be a series regular on the forthcoming series of DH, according to TV Guide Magazine.

“I’m a big fan of Vanessa’s work and I’m so excited that she’ll be moving into the neighborhood next season to cause trouble in all the ladies’ lives,” creator Marc Cherry said.

“I think our mystery is going to involve Paul Young [returning cast member Mark Moses],” Marc added.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-07-2010)

Brian Austin Green is close to a deal to play a recurring role on "Desperate Housewives" next season.

Megan Fox's new husband will play a contractor who turns up the heat on Wisteria Lane as a potential love interest to one of the housewives.

The former "Beverly Hills, 90210" star has landed a couple major series on TV in recent years, including a recurring role on The CW's "Smallville," as well as series regular role on Fox's "Sarah Connor Chronicles."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-07-2010)

They both sound like good additions to the cast. I really liked Brian Austin Green the the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    They both sound like good additions to the cast. I really liked Brian Austin Green the the Sarah Connor Chronicles.
    Mr. Megan Fox is quite the hottie these days

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-07-2010)

HAVE you heard? There could be a new gossip girl joining the Desperate Housewives for a bitch and a natter over coffee on Wisteria Lane.

Susan, Gaby, Lynette, Bree... I'd like you to meet Chezza, who is being lined up for a part in the smash hit TV drama.

Why'aye pets - the Geordie singer is being targeted for a role in the show as she starts to set up her second life in America.

TERI HATCHER, who plays sexy suburban mum Susan in the Channel 4 hit, is lobbying producers to give X Factor judge CHERYL COLE a role lasting several episodes in the upcoming seventh season.

The part would catapult her to fame in the US and she'd follow in the footsteps of another UK talent show judge, JOHN BARROWMAN. He won rave reviews for his role as evil Patrick Logan in the last series of Desperate Housewives.

In an eXSclusive interview, Teri told me: "Cheryl is a great role model and exactly the sort of woman we would love to have a role on Desperate Housewives.

"Season seven is going to be a really great series and if she is fit enough I think it would be great to have her in a guest role for two or three episodes.

"With her looks she could cause some real trouble in Wisteria Lane.

"I am sure she would raise a few eyebrows from the residents there but in real life I hear she is an absolute darling and I think we would all get on so well."

But Teri wants the GIRLS ALOUD star to play a part far from her usual personality.

She added: "Cheryl is a really sweet, cute looking girl, so I think it would be really fun for her to play real trouble. Playing the bitch is always more fun I find.

"I am going to speak to the producer and get her involved if she wants, we would have great fun."

I reckon Cheryl just HAS to follow up on Teri's offer and join the ladies (FELICITY HUFFMAN, MARCIA CROSS, EVA LONGORIA PARKER). Desperate Housewives is one of my favourite shows and it's watched by nearly 20 million Americans every week.

And now she's trying to launch herself in the US for real after her split from ASHLEY COLE it's just the sort of exposure she needs.

I've been told Cheryl, who's still recovering from malaria, plans to spend the next month in the States laying the groundwork for her to spend even more time there next year after The X Factor.

She is even considering moving the filming of the judges' houses round of the show there, despite being told she should rest up in the UK until the end of August.

And she will definitely head back into the recording studio to continue work on her second album. A source revealed: "This is a key trip for Cheryl. She's starting to view America as her second home. She couldn't just sit around in her house in the UK.

"It was too depressing for her. This is all about moving forward with her life."

Cheryl is going to great lengths not to be spotted with close friend DEREK HOUGH.

He smuggled Chez out of the London Hotel in a blacked-out people carrier to the nearby Sunset Marquis at around 3am on Friday morning in a military-style operation.

Come on guys, the game is up. Who cares if you're pictured together? You're both single after all...

Rebecca Creskoff has signed up for a guest role on Desperate Housewives.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the actress will appear in one episode of the show's upcoming seventh season.

Details of Creskoff's character have not yet been revealed but rumours have suggested that she will play an enemy of Susan (Teri Hatcher).

Creskoff is currently starring as Lenore in the HBO series Hung and has previously had roles in Law & Order, Jonas, Mad Men and Greetings From Tucson.

The new season of Desperate Housewives premieres on September 26 on ABC and Creskoff's episode is expected to air in October.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-08-2010)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-08-2010), lizann (01-09-2010)

^ They look alot younger and airbrushed

The promo clip is really modern. Desperate Housewives with a hint of Deadwood ! Also it's true they look super young, I wish I'll be a housewife!!
    Last edited by tinatemplesmith; 01-09-2010 at 16:42.

Vanessa Williams has admitted that she was apprehensive about accepting the role in Desperate Housewives.

The actress, who recently joined the cast of the ABC series, revealed that she didn't appreciate a storyline involving Alfre Woodard's character Betty Applewhite.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, she said: "She had her son in chains in the basement. It was like, 'Really? Do we have to go there with our first black character?'

"I honestly fell off the show after that. I think it was just so implausible and just an image that black folks don't want to see - their child chained and shackled in the basement."

Last month, Williams said that she had no reservations about joining Desperate Housewives.

Thread Information