Thread: Kim Fox (Tameka Empson)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Kim Fox (Tameka Empson)

Actress and comedienne Tameka Empson returns to EastEnders next month, show bosses have confirmed.

The 33-year-old reprises her role as Denise Fox's outlandish sister Kim, who is expected to "cause mayhem" with the locals as she settles into life on Albert Square.

Beneath her "viscous and bubbly" exterior lies a "vulnerable creature with low self-esteem". Her comeback fails to impress her brother-in-law Lucas (Don Gilet) who is desperate for her to leave almost as soon as she arrives.

Empson last appeared as Kim at the end of 2009 when she and her alcoholic boyfriend Dexter (Robbie Gee) turned up to Denise and Lucas's wedding in November.

When Dexter fails to return with her, Denise is left wondering where he is and it soon transpires that Kim is running away from something - or someone.

Speaking of her return, Empson said: "I'm really thrilled and excited to be returning to EastEnders. I've always loved the show and working with such fantastic actors makes the whole experience even sweeter."

She added: "Kim Fox is such a great character to play and gives me scope to do things I usually wouldn't get away with."

Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood commented: "I'm a huge fan of Tameka. She is a real talent and will bring a fresh, funny and exciting new flavour to the show."

Empson returns to screens in June, during the same week as Zöe Lucker's debut as Vanessa Gold.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-05-2010), Dutchgirl (12-05-2010)

Thread Information