Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim Fox (Tameka Empson)

Cool Kim Fox (Tameka Empson)

Actress and comedienne Tameka Empson returns to EastEnders next month, show bosses have confirmed.

The 33-year-old reprises her role as Denise Fox's outlandish sister Kim, who is expected to "cause mayhem" with the locals as she settles into life on Albert Square.

Beneath her "viscous and bubbly" exterior lies a "vulnerable creature with low self-esteem". Her comeback fails to impress her brother-in-law Lucas (Don Gilet) who is desperate for her to leave almost as soon as she arrives.

Empson last appeared as Kim at the end of 2009 when she and her alcoholic boyfriend Dexter (Robbie Gee) turned up to Denise and Lucas's wedding in November.

When Dexter fails to return with her, Denise is left wondering where he is and it soon transpires that Kim is running away from something - or someone.

Speaking of her return, Empson said: "I'm really thrilled and excited to be returning to EastEnders. I've always loved the show and working with such fantastic actors makes the whole experience even sweeter."

She added: "Kim Fox is such a great character to play and gives me scope to do things I usually wouldn't get away with."

Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood commented: "I'm a huge fan of Tameka. She is a real talent and will bring a fresh, funny and exciting new flavour to the show."

Empson returns to screens in June, during the same week as Zöe Lucker's debut as Vanessa Gold.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-05-2010), Dutchgirl (12-05-2010)

Cool Tameka Empson - Kim Fox

Having made a more-than-successful EastEnders debut in November last year for Denise and Lucas's wedding, actress and comedienne Tameka Empson - Kim Fox in the BBC flagship soap - returns to Walford next week in rather different circumstances. Hearing the tragic news that her sister Denise has committed suicide, Kim races back to the Square in a bid to comfort her nieces. We recently caught up with Tameka - who has the most infectious laugh ever - to hear all about her Walford return and what the future holds for Kim beyond her screen sister's demise.

You made quite an impression in such a short space of time back in November…
    "I can't quite believe it really. When you do a job, you just want to make sure you do the best you can. I really enjoyed the wedding episodes and I finally got to work with people who I've always admired, so it was great to be 'in the mix'!"

How did your return come about?
    "Once you do a show like EastEnders, you do a lot of praying that you'll go back! I got a call saying that they wanted me for a few more episodes and I said, 'Oh yeah!' So I did those - they were Jordan's welcome home party and the saucy underwear gathering. I'm in and out at the minute - will she stay or will she go? Cue the music!"

Are you anything like Kim in real life?
    "(Laughs) People think I'm Kim! People say, 'That's you', and I say, 'How dare you?!' (Laughs). I like to have a good time but Kim's like ten times more full-on than me. Her outfits - I could only dream about wearing her outfits. The tighter the better for Kim! I like a bit of comfort and to be able to breathe."

You've been quoted as saying that Kim gets away with things you wouldn't normally get to do - what's the most outrageous thing you've filmed which is out of character for you?
    "Going up to people and gyrating herself on them! And really getting in people's faces! I'm a really polite person but to go that far… Kim knows no bounds - she feels no shame. Kim's very feminine and she's all about 'the look' and pampering herself. Actually, that's one thing I like to do, pamper myself. People who know me know that every Thursday it's my three Bs - Bath, Baileys and bed. All after EastEnders, mind. That keeps me young."

Is EastEnders a show you've always wanted to work on?
    "Always! Always, always! It's funny because I was speaking to a friend of mine the other week and we were talking about how things are evolving in my life and she reminded me about a time when we were younger and me saying, 'I'd love to be in EastEnders'. And a few years down the line, here I am! EastEnders is a major machine. I just like to know that I'm adding to it, rather than taking anything away or falling short. Jake Wood said to me when I first arrived, 'You have to hit the floor running'. It's all come at the right time when I'm really ready for it."

How many people did you know before you started work on EastEnders?
    "I knew Linda Henry, we worked together on Beautiful Thing! When I heard that I was going into EastEnders, I couldn't wait to work with her again. I'd really love to do a scene with Shirley actually. Denise introduced Kim and Shirley briefly at the wedding and there was this scowling 'I don't like her' look across the room… And I knew Di Parish, Rudolph Walker and Don Gilet from before, too. Don's a very funny guy and seeing him play Lucas is just scary! Filming for Denise's funeral, I went into TV mode and just stared at him! He's so intense playing Lucas and then when the scene cuts, he's all jokey!"

Is there anyone else you'd like to have scenes with?
    "June Brown and Barbara Windsor! Even if I'm in the background running or something, that'd be my scene! I'd love to say. 'Get out of her pub!'"

Why is Kim usually so downbeat with her sister Denise?
    "It's not as much downbeat, it's the fact that Denise has changed. Denise isn't the same Denise that Kim grew up with. Back in the day, they used to go out partying and somehow, because of their lives apart, Denise has changed. She has responsibilities and a husband now. That's the difference between Kim and Denise - Kim doesn't have any commitments. Kim's still enjoying the fun side of life, whereas Denise has had to grow up and pipe down! They're total opposites, but they're Foxes by blood…"

How does Kim find out that Denise is dead?
    "Kim's not actually there and she gets a call. She turns up on the Square again to help and be there for her nieces. That's her re-entry into the family as she needs to step up to the plate now Denise has gone. Kim tries to get on with it and not to get down about it - she knows she has to move on with the family and hold it together for them as a mother figure. And when she sees Lucas and Patrick not doing what they should be doing for the family, she pulls them up on it."

Kim's been quite suspicious of Lucas - what is it about the man that she's not certain of?
    "She's never liked Lucas - she never thought he was good enough for Denise, even when they were younger. Now, more so than ever because he's a preacher, every time Lucas looks at Kim, he can't stand her. At one point, I thought, 'Oh my God! They've brought me back to kill me off!' She's constantly in his face but the thing that saves her is that she's Denise's sister. But then he kills Denise, so anything's possible!"

Have you been given Lucas's death stare yet?
    "Yes! That's happened. You see it on TV but when you get 'the look' in real life, it's pretty scary! I put him in a headlock, though. As Tameka and Don, not Kim and Lucas!"

Does she think Lucas has had anything to do with Denise's death?
    "No - she's just really confused as to why Denise has taken her own life. Kim hates Lucas but it'd never cross her mind that Lucas could have murdered her."

Why does Kim hide her emotional side?
    "As much as Kim puts on a façade, though, she is vulnerable."

How does Denise's funeral pan out for Kim?
    "Kim's in complete denial. There are tears, but Kim tries to hold it together. She's not a bawling and wailing woman at Denise's graveside - she keeps that for her private time. Being there is just disbelief to her - the words aren't registering."

So Denise is alive after all in EastEnders!

The press at large have known for months about the Denise twist but (for obvious reasons) we haven't been able to say anything about it!

I've lost count of the number of times I was asked 'Is Denise really dead?' Feigning ignorance worked with the first couple of spotlight interrogations - beyond that, I opted for the 'I don't know what you're talking about' answer. That also made me look stupid.

The secret didn't stop the hardcore fans from guessing, though. The DS forums have been awash with Lazarus suggestions since Denise went missing. And the short press information which is publicly available actually gave away details about Denise's death - something which provoked further discussion as to why such a huge story moment would be revealed in such a way.

That aside, with Denise alive - and having been imprisoned next to her house for four weeks - where does this leave Lucas? His past surely has to catch up with him, doesn't it?

And more to the point, where does this leave Denise?

From chatting to her screen sister Tameka Empson - Kim Fox in the soap - it sounds like it'll be a 'sister doing it for themselves' story from here!

Take it away Tameka...

What did you think of the Denise twist when you first heard about it?
    "I was like 'Whaaaat?!' I couldn't believe it. It's one of those things where you go through all that emotion and then to find out that they're alive?! I'm not always in the episodes, so to come back and see Denise is really crazy for Kim. It's the start of a new direction for Kim and Denise, though."

How does Kim react when she first sees Denise again?
    "She screams!"

Where do Kim and Denise go from here?
    "They're chalk and cheese - and the macaroni's yet to be made. You'll start to see - even more than you can now - that Denise and Kim are very different. You'll start to wonder how they can be sisters! They're Foxes by blood, though. They'll watch each other's backs but at the same time, they'll tear each other down. They won't let anyone else tear the other down, though - that's their job!"

Do you think we'll be learning much about their past?
    "I'd really like to. With Kim being so fiery, there has to be some downtime. I'd like to see why Kim and Denise were separated in the first place and see their emotional sides."

What's in store for Kim now?
    "I don't know much at the minute. Kim's slowly being introduced to the other characters at the minute.

You worked with Robbie Gee for a short time, too - do you think Kim's ex Dexter could make a return?
    "Wouldn't it be nice?! Dexter's the one that breaks her heart over and over. There's always someone there in soapland to break your character's heart and they generally end up going back to have it broken again. It's been some time, but maybe he doesn't want to know any more… Who knows?!"

EastEnders star Tameka Empson could add another Inside Soap Award to her mantelpiece next month after receiving a nomination for 'Funniest Female' ahead of the upcoming ceremony.

The actress, who plays Kim Fox, received the comedy gong at the 2011 event and will be hoping for more success when this year's winner is announced in September.

Digital Spy recently chatted to Tameka about her nomination and Kim's current storylines.

Congratulations on being nominated for 'Funniest Female' at the Inside Soap Awards. How does it feel to be up for the prize?
    "It feels great! As it's the second year running, it hopefully shows that I'm still doing something right, which is good. I don't know whether I'll win or not, but it's always good to be nominated."

As you won the comedy prize last year, is there any pressure to be equally successful this time around?
    "I try not to think about it too much! I think if you keep it real, don't get big-headed and keep doing what you do, hopefully you're in with a good chance. It's good that I've got it once before - nobody can take that award out of my living room! But it would be nice to have a twin for it!"

Your EastEnders colleague Ann Mitchell, who plays Cora, is among your competitors for the award…
    "I know - and I think she's hilarious! I think it's a tough call between us, because sometimes when I watch Cora, I laugh out loud. It's her one-liners, how she delivers them, and her body language. I think she's brilliant."

Kim is always entertaining to watch on screen. How similar are you to her in real life?
    "Well, people tend to think that I am Kim, or that I'm playing myself. But I think she's more fit than me, because I couldn't get away with the clothes that she wears - they're a bit tight and a bit short! She actually keeps me going to the gym and using my abs!

"I'd say we both like to have a good time and be the life of a party. I don't like to go out and just sit around - if a good tune comes on, I've got to get up and dance. So I think that's what we have in common. I also like a tipple or two, but in moderation! I don't think waking up in a skip like Kim is a good look - I can't say I've done it, and I can't say I want to do it!"

Do you feel that comedy comes quite naturally to you?
    "Yes, previous roles that I've played have tended to have a bit of comedy coming through, too. I think I get it from my mother, who is very funny without trying and often gets things wrong! For example, at school I had a friend called Tracy, who always used to come round to do her homework and have dinner. But my mum would forever call her 'Sharon'!

"That's how the whole thing came about where Kim always says 'Janice' instead of Janine, as I told that story in work. I think the drama can be there with Kim, but I find that people do tend to like the comedy."

Is there an element of improvisation to your performances, or do you always stick to the script?
    "It's a bit of both, really. The writers here are very good, but if I feel like I can add a bit of sparkle to a scene, I will. The directors here are very good when it comes to that, because we all want the show to be the best it possibly can be."

When it comes to the Inside Soap Awards, your on-screen partner Chucky Venn (Ray) is also up for a couple of prizes. Do you think he's in with a chance of the 'Sexiest Male' and 'Best Newcomer' titles?
    "I do think so! He's got nice shoulders and nice arms, and he's a great addition to the cast. If he won both prizes, it would be such a great night for him."

How do you feel about Ray being ruled out of Kat's affair mystery?
    "That's a bit of a relief! It's quite nice to know that he's out of the running, because it would have been handbags and heels at dawn with Kat and Kim otherwise. But I do think that Kat wouldn't have gone there with Ray, because Kim is her friend. As for who else it could be, I don't know. The saga continues!"

Even though Ray isn't having an affair with Kat, it sometimes still seems like he's hiding something. Do you agree?
    "Yes! He does seem a bit secretive. There are times where I feel he sometimes holds back, but we don't know why - not yet anyway! That all adds to the drama, though, because the story continues and that's what keeps you tuning in."

Do you think Kim and Ray will have a long-term future?
    "I think so, and it'd be nice to see how the relationship develops. It won't always be happy go lucky - there's always going to be testing times in the relationship, but it'll be interesting to see how they both deal with that.

"I'd like them to have a bit of longevity - will they break up, won't they break up? But it'd be nice to see them always come back to each other, like Tanya and Max. We'll have to see what happens!"

If things became more serious, what kind of a wedding would Kim want with Ray?
    "Oh, it would have to be a blinged out wedding - definitely! It would be a lot of fun, as Kim would make it the wedding of the century. Kate Middleton, eat your heart out! It would have everything, from the chocolate fountain to the 16-tier cake."

How would Kim cope with being a potential step mum to Sasha?
    "I think Kim will probably start out by treating Sasha like a walking doll. She'd want to try and make her into a mini-Kim, because she had that sort of relationship with Chelsea in the past. I think Kim will be very focused on how Sasha looks, walks, talks and all the rest of it. She'd try to mould Sasha into herself, but I don't think Ray would like that - as it's too much, too soon!

"Kim does have the potential to be a good mother, though. When you push her buttons and her back is against the wall, that's when you see the power of Kim."

Would you like Sasha's mum to arrive in Walford and stir things up?
    "It could be interesting, because we haven't met her yet. I think if she were to come to the Square, there could be fireworks - although it would depend on whether she was trying to win Ray back. Kim is quite settled with Ray and she doesn't want to lose him. Let's see what happens!"

EastEnders fans seem to be buzzing about Letitia Dean's return. Have you filmed any scenes with her yet?
    "Yes, there's been a few - which has been quite nice because I've always been a fan of the show, so to meet Letitia now and to work with her is amazing. She giggles all the time and we have a great laugh on set."

Last year, you had a more serious storyline with Kim's HIV scare. Do you enjoy the opportunities where you can show another side to your character?
    "Yeah, I do! I think Kim does have different sides to her, and nobody's ever happy all the time. It's good for me to challenge myself as an actress. I find doing comedy quite easy, but it's nice to try something different. It's great if you can have a rounded character, so I really enjoyed that and it'd be nice to have a few more of those serious scenes in the future."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Last edited by alan45; 18-08-2012 at 12:16.

EastEnders bosses have revealed that Kim Fox will star in her own online mini-episodes next month.

Show chiefs have created a bonus spinoff titled The B&B, which will take the style of a reality-documentary focusing on Kim's business.

At least four editions of The B&B will be released exclusively on the official EastEnders website throughout October.

Tameka Empson, who plays the role of Kim, has penned the scripts for the project herself.

The official synopsis for The B&B reads: "A camera crew is given access to all areas of 'Kim's Palace'. The team focus on her adventures (and mishaps) as she strives to raise her small business from the ashes of disaster, catapulting her into the realm of the Alan Sugars and Richard Bransons of this world.

"With Kim at the helm, surely nothing can go wrong. Can it?! Watch this space…"

A release date for the first episode will be announced in due course.

EastEnders star Tameka Empson has admitted that she has less energy than her outgoing character Kim Fox.

The actress appeared on Daybreak this morning (September 21) and revealed that she would struggle to keep up with her feisty alter ego.

Asked if she is the same as Kim in real life, Empson replied: "I don't know if I am, you know! In a way yes, and no. She's bolder than myself. She can go on all night - I need a break in between dancing and stuff!

"I like good shoes, comfortable shoes. But it all works [for Kim], from the toes right the way up."

Empson is currently waiting to hear whether she has triumphed as 'Funniest Female' at the 2012 Inside Soap Awards, which take place next week. She won the comedy prize at last year's event and is hoping to retain her crown.

Praising EastEnders for featuring comedic characters, she commented: "It's that nice balance, isn't it? Life can be a bit stressful, but also life can be funny, so you've got my character, you've got Fatboy as well, and you've got Cora, who I think is hilarious. I worked with her just the other day, so there's some nice funny scenes coming up.

"I'm up for 'Funniest Female', and [Ricky Norwood] is up for 'Funniest Male'. It would be lovely on the mantelpiece."

The Inside Soap Award winners will be revealed in London on Monday (September 24).

EastEnders star Tameka Empson has hinted that Kim Fox's relationship with Ray Dixon will continue to be tested.

Kim and Ray (Chucky Venn) have experienced various ups and downs since becoming a couple earlier this year, and Empson told Digital Spy that there could be more challenges to come.

Speaking at the 2012 Inside Soap Awards, Empson commented: "It's never happy go lucky - I think Kim is still breaking him in! But will he resist, will he play along? Who's to say? Keep watching."

Discussing the possibility of Ray showing new sides to his personality, she continued: "Maybe he's got a dark side, and how do you think Kim would handle it? Will she cope, won't she cope?"

EastEnders took home the 'Best Soap' prize at last night's (September 24) event, and Empson suggested that Janine Butcher's storylines stand out as some of the show's recent highlights.

She said: "It's lovely to see Janine tested… becoming a mother and being a career woman. That's interesting - I think it will affect a lot of people, especially a lot of young ladies."

Empson added that she was "very proud" to secure the 'Funniest Female' gong on the night, having also triumphed in the comedy category last year.

On the possibility of another victory in 2013, she said: "Let's see. I mean, these are balancing out on my mantelpiece. A third one would be lovely, but I don't know - I'm enjoying this as it is!"

The Inside Soap Awards, sponsored by online fashion retailer boohoo.com, were held at One Marylebone in London.

EastEnders fans get a chance to see more of Kim Fox's daily life over the next few weeks as she stars in her own online spinoff The B&B.

The internet mini-episodes take the form of a reality-documentary focusing on Kim's business, and the various mishaps she faces as she strives to take it to the next level.

Tameka Empson, who plays Kim, has penned the scripts for the project herself, and the first episode will go live on the official EastEnders website today (October 12).

Digital Spy recently caught up with Tameka to hear more about the online specials.

How did the idea for the B&B spinoff come about?
    "It was quite a while ago now! I was on set one day and I thought that Kimberley's Palace could be used a bit more. I thought it'd be a nice idea to have a lot more people stay over. But obviously the B&B is on the Square and the regular characters have their own homes, so why would they stay there?

"So I had an idea of showing what it's like behind the scenes at Kim's Palace. At the time, Bryan Kirkwood was here as executive producer, and I had a word with him because I'd heard that they were going to burn down the B&B. I thought, 'Oh God, I'm going to be homeless!'

"Luckily for all of us, though, the B&B was only going to be out of action for a short while and it was refurbished. After that, Lorraine Newman came in as executive producer and I told her that I'd really love to do this. She agreed and the web team were up for it too, so it all went from there."

How does it feel to get your own spinoff?
    "I feel very honoured and lucky. I can't think of all the words that I want to say about it! It's lovely for EastEnders to invest in me, and hopefully I've done it justice. It's quite funny because it's a mock documentary, so I'm hoping that people will get what it's all about and enjoy it."

You've written the scripts yourself, but did EastEnders give you a firm idea of what they wanted to see?
    "I worked on it with the web team. I had big ideas for it - I wanted to do a half-hour show! They said it could only be a few minutes so I thought, 'A few minutes?! Do me a favour!' (Laughs.)

"So I went away, wrote the first script and they loved it, but it was far too long. After that, the web team were quite instrumental in how I would edit it down. They were very good to be on board to hone it in, but make sure we kept all the jokes in."

Was it a challenge to take on this extra project?
    "When I first started, I wasn't working on the main show as much, but as I got into it, my work at EastEnders caught up with me. It started out okay, but then it got a bit tough with working on EastEnders, learning lines, writing and editing. So by the end of it I was like, 'I'm due a holiday!'

"But I really enjoyed the experience, and I learned a lot doing it. I learned how the web team works, what works and what doesn't work - because it's a very different discipline to writing for television or stage.

"It's still EastEnders, but at the same time it's going to be its own show. It's a standalone thing and Kim is showing how to run a successful business. She thinks that she's a bit like Hilary Devey, but she would give Hilary Devey a run for her money! It's a bit of Dragons' Den, a bit of The Apprentice and The Hotel Inspector all rolled into one."

Was there any temptation to give yourself all the best lines?
    "No, I don't really write like that - I really like to share and for us all to bounce off each other. But because of scheduling with the main show, it's been quite hard to get other characters involved.

"Denise is part of the show too, but scheduling was one of the restraints that I had - so a lot of it is Kim talking straight to camera and to the audience. It was enjoyable, but a real learning curve doing this."

Are you nervous about the fans seeing it?
    "Beforehand I was really excited and confident that the fans are going to love it, but now it's coming up to the release, I'm slightly nervous! I'm hoping that people will enjoy it. I love playing Kim and the viewers like her, so hopefully I won't disappoint."

When it comes to the main show, Chucky Venn recently said that he wouldn't be surprised if Ray ever cheated on Kim. Do you think he could stray?
    "Well, when it comes to the Kat storyline, I was thinking that it would be handbags and nails at dawn with Kim and Kat if Ray turned out to be her lover. But it turned out that it wasn't him, which was lovely.

"If he was to cheat on Kim with someone else, I'm not sure how that would pan out. As far as Kim is concerned, she's learned a lot from her relationship with Ray - especially dealing with his daughter Sasha. So I think that would really hurt her if he went on to have an affair. That wouldn't go down too nicely!"

How would Kim react if she found out about Denise and Fatboy becoming an item?
    "I think she would be shocked! But at the same time, she'd probably give her a pat on the back and say, 'You go girl!' Kim wants her sister to be happy, and we haven't really seen that side of Denise so far.

"Kim would be happy with whoever Denise is going out with after Yusef, because that relationship wasn't so successful! Kim also likes Fatboy, so I think she'd be happy."

Who do you think Kat's lover is?
    "I think it might be Jack, or maybe Derek. I'm not sure! I don't think it's Max. I think Max has learned his lesson, and there's something else going on with Max at the moment. We've seen him driving around and standing outside of a house, so I don't think it's him.

"But I honestly don't know, and to be honest with you, I don't want to know! I really want to find out like the viewers, as I love watching EastEnders."

EastEnders fans get a chance to see more of Kim Fox's daily life over the next few weeks as she stars in her own online spinoff The B&B.

The internet mini-episodes take the form of a reality-documentary focusing on Kim's business, and the various mishaps she faces as she strives to take it to the next level.

Tameka Empson, who plays Kim, has penned the scripts for the project herself, and the first episode will go live on the official EastEnders website today (October 12).

Digital Spy recently caught up with Tameka to hear more about the online specials.

How did the idea for the B&B spinoff come about?
    "It was quite a while ago now! I was on set one day and I thought that Kimberley's Palace could be used a bit more. I thought it'd be a nice idea to have a lot more people stay over. But obviously the B&B is on the Square and the regular characters have their own homes, so why would they stay there?

"So I had an idea of showing what it's like behind the scenes at Kim's Palace. At the time, Bryan Kirkwood was here as executive producer, and I had a word with him because I'd heard that they were going to burn down the B&B. I thought, 'Oh God, I'm going to be homeless!'

"Luckily for all of us, though, the B&B was only going to be out of action for a short while and it was refurbished. After that, Lorraine Newman came in as executive producer and I told her that I'd really love to do this. She agreed and the web team were up for it too, so it all went from there."

How does it feel to get your own spinoff?
    "I feel very honoured and lucky. I can't think of all the words that I want to say about it! It's lovely for EastEnders to invest in me, and hopefully I've done it justice. It's quite funny because it's a mock documentary, so I'm hoping that people will get what it's all about and enjoy it."

You've written the scripts yourself, but did EastEnders give you a firm idea of what they wanted to see?
    "I worked on it with the web team. I had big ideas for it - I wanted to do a half-hour show! They said it could only be a few minutes so I thought, 'A few minutes?! Do me a favour!' (Laughs.)

"So I went away, wrote the first script and they loved it, but it was far too long. After that, the web team were quite instrumental in how I would edit it down. They were very good to be on board to hone it in, but make sure we kept all the jokes in."

Was it a challenge to take on this extra project?
    "When I first started, I wasn't working on the main show as much, but as I got into it, my work at EastEnders caught up with me. It started out okay, but then it got a bit tough with working on EastEnders, learning lines, writing and editing. So by the end of it I was like, 'I'm due a holiday!'

"But I really enjoyed the experience, and I learned a lot doing it. I learned how the web team works, what works and what doesn't work - because it's a very different discipline to writing for television or stage.

"It's still EastEnders, but at the same time it's going to be its own show. It's a standalone thing and Kim is showing how to run a successful business. She thinks that she's a bit like Hilary Devey, but she would give Hilary Devey a run for her money! It's a bit of Dragons' Den, a bit of The Apprentice and The Hotel Inspector all rolled into one."

Was there any temptation to give yourself all the best lines?
    "No, I don't really write like that - I really like to share and for us all to bounce off each other. But because of scheduling with the main show, it's been quite hard to get other characters involved.

"Denise is part of the show too, but scheduling was one of the restraints that I had - so a lot of it is Kim talking straight to camera and to the audience. It was enjoyable, but a real learning curve doing this."

Are you nervous about the fans seeing it?
    "Beforehand I was really excited and confident that the fans are going to love it, but now it's coming up to the release, I'm slightly nervous! I'm hoping that people will enjoy it. I love playing Kim and the viewers like her, so hopefully I won't disappoint."

When it comes to the main show, Chucky Venn recently said that he wouldn't be surprised if Ray ever cheated on Kim. Do you think he could stray?
    "Well, when it comes to the Kat storyline, I was thinking that it would be handbags and nails at dawn with Kim and Kat if Ray turned out to be her lover. But it turned out that it wasn't him, which was lovely.

"If he was to cheat on Kim with someone else, I'm not sure how that would pan out. As far as Kim is concerned, she's learned a lot from her relationship with Ray - especially dealing with his daughter Sasha. So I think that would really hurt her if he went on to have an affair. That wouldn't go down too nicely!"

How would Kim react if she found out about Denise and Fatboy becoming an item?
    "I think she would be shocked! But at the same time, she'd probably give her a pat on the back and say, 'You go girl!' Kim wants her sister to be happy, and we haven't really seen that side of Denise so far.

"Kim would be happy with whoever Denise is going out with after Yusef, because that relationship wasn't so successful! Kim also likes Fatboy, so I think she'd be happy."

Who do you think Kat's lover is?
    "I think it might be Jack, or maybe Derek. I'm not sure! I don't think it's Max. I think Max has learned his lesson, and there's something else going on with Max at the moment. We've seen him driving around and standing outside of a house, so I don't think it's him.

"But I honestly don't know, and to be honest with you, I don't want to know! I really want to find out like the viewers, as I love watching EastEnders."

Thread Information