Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sherlock (BBC)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 29-07-2013 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    That's good news - I'm a fan of both Lars and Mads Mikkelsen.
    Mads Mikkelsen is very good in Hannibal on Sky Living

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Mads Mikkelsen is very good in Hannibal on Sky Living
    I love him as Hannibal Lecter

Amanda Abbington has confirmed that she is to play Mary Morstan in the third series of Sherlock.

Martin Freeman's real-life partner had long been rumoured to be portraying Morstan - John Watson's love interest and eventual wife in the Arthur Conan Doyle books.

Abbington revealed to The Scotsman that her character has "fantastic secrets" and comes between Watson and Sherlock Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch) as a "kind of third wheel".

"I remember doing a scene very early on with Martin and Ben, and I was standing in between them and I thought, 'I really have to up my game, this is proper'," she said.

"They really bounce off each other. When I was at the read-through, I remember watching them, and the chemistry between them is just amazing. They do have this beautiful relationship, so getting in between that - which is what Mary does, she becomes this kind of third wheel - was scary.

"Also, the fans love these two together, so I'm sure Mary won't be particularly liked by them, but I hope that on the whole people really like her, because she's a great character and she has some fantastic secrets."

Abbington went on to reveal that co-creators Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss had always had her in mind for the character.

Speaking of how she landed the part, she recalled: "We were at Mark Gatiss's house when 'The Hounds of Baskerville' first came on the telly. Afterwards they went into the kitchen and were sitting talking about the next series. I went in and sat with them.

"It had been mooted that I would be in it, might have a little part in it. They were talking about who might play Mary and I was like, 'So, who are you thinking of?' and they said 'You'.

"I got very emotional because it just seemed so amazing, just such a gift."

Sherlock will return to BBC One in the coming months.

Last edited by tammyy2j; 21-10-2013 at 22:51.

What did everyone think to series 3? I loved it, so funny, especially episode 2. Episode 3 was amazing, so many twists and turns that I never saw coming.
    Thanks CrazyLea

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

crystalsea (21-01-2014)

I loved 1 and 3 best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hjP...layer_embedded

Speaking exclusively to Digital Spy at last weekend's MCM London Comic Con, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss have revealed a squeak more information about the forthcoming Sherlock Christmas Special, The Abominable Bride, arriving on BBC One and in select cinemas around the UK on the 1st of January.

Gatiss confirmed that The Abominable Bride "is mostly an original story, inspired by a reference in one of the [Doyle] stories to one of the ones that Dr Watson never wrote about." Steven Moffat continued, "There are loads and loads of details from the original stories, and there is a case referenced in the story about 'Ricoletti with the club foot and his abominable wife', so this is broadly speaking, that.”

The Doyle story in question is The Adventure Of The Musgrave Ritual, a tale of riddles, hidden treasure and death, and here's the line to which Moffat refers, spoken by Sherlock Holmes, "Here's the record of the Tarleton murders and the case of Vamberry, the wine merchant, and the adventure of the old Russian woman, and the singular affair of the aluminium crutch, as well as a full account of Ricoletti of the club foot and his abominable wife."

"Proper Gothic horror" is Amanda Abbington's description of the Special, with Gatiss calling it "a Christmas ghost story" and "the definition of a treat".

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

crystalsea (26-11-2015), Glen1 (30-10-2015)

Toby Jones joins the cast of Sherlock series four as he confirms he's set to play one of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's 'finest villains'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz48r1YlxKv
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thread Information