Thread: Four more to leave Hollyoaks

Cool Four more to leave Hollyoaks

Hollyoaks is to lose another handful of familiar faces over the coming months as four more actors prepare to leave the soap.

John Pickard - real-life brother to co-star Nick Pickard (Tony Hutchinson) - will bow out of the Channel 4 soap as chef Dom Reilly toward the end of the year at around the same time as Ashley Slanina Davies, who portrays mum-of-two Amy Barnes.

Glenn Wallace is also due to film his final scenes as Malachy Fisher, while Garnon Davies's swansong as sci-fi supergeek Elliot Bevan comes within the same few weeks.

Little is known about their respective departures but it has been confirmed that storyliners are busy planning their exit plots.

Speaking of his decision to leave, Glen Wallace told DS: "I've had such an amazing time up here in Liverpool at Hollyoaks and I've learnt so much both personally and professionally - but I'm a great believer in gut instinct and I just think it's time for me to move on and find the next challenge, the next story to be part of and the next family to join..."

Speaking of his decision to leave, Pickard said: "I've really enjoyed my time on Hollyoaks and I shall be very sad to leave, but after five years, it's definitely time to move on. I've loved working with Nick and it's been great living in the North - Liverpool is such a great city and we've both made friends for life up here. I'll really miss the social side of this job because the people really have made it all the more fun. Dom has been such a great character to play but now I'm looking forward to taking on new roles."

Garnon Davies commented: "It's very strange to think that after four years I'll be leaving this place. It's been such a great experience and I've loved every minute - everybody says it but Hollyoaks really is a great place to work. I've made some amazing friends in the cast and crew and I'll miss them all. I'm not sure that I'll miss Elliot's geeky glasses and that damn woolly hat but I will miss Elliot - he's been a fantastic character to play and I will look back on this experience with very fond memories".

A show source told DS: "We're all sad to be losing yet more friends from the cast but everyone acknowledges that actors want to move on to pursue other roles."

They added: "Nothing's been firmed up yet storyline-wise but one thing's for sure, they'll all be memorable exits."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-07-2010), tammyy2j (14-07-2010)

Thank GOD Elliot is going!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_2k11 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-07-2010)

I will miss Mal and Dom

I think Mal might die

I really like Mal

Ravi Roy is going also

Thread Information