Thread: The Sex Education show - C4

The Sex Education show - C4

Has anyone else watched this?
    Its on all week at 9pm? I think not entirely sure on the time

I do think its a really good idea, we never had sex education like that!!!
    Some of the stuff I was looking away and well was just shocked!

What got me yesterday was the advertising for it way before the watershed but a young boy asked how often he should masturbate in a week I think they need to tone them down, this was at teatime when lots of young kids may watch tv and I would not like to explain to a 7 year old what that is all about

That is true, I think the advertsing was too early in the day

But what I like about the show for the those old enough to watch it, is how blunt it, cos thats what sex ed needs to be like

i caught the first half hour yesterday and thought it was pretty good. loved it when she was talking to the old people! Thought it was good when they lined up the men for everyone to see that they all come in different shapes and sizes, they really should do that in schools (do they? my school was quite lacking!).

quite looking forward to the one for the girls tonight, girls are waaaay more complicated lol.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

lol no they dont do that in schools
    I cant even remember what they taught us sex ed, I dont actually remember it lol, Im starting to wonder if they gave us sex ed but I think they must have, well anyway this show is far better to what you will get in any school

I think in school they are more interested in telling you the very basic facts rather than dealing with young peoples quieries and insecurities like they do this show

I have to say when they were talking to some of the older people, well that couple, I was very shocked and did feel quite uncomfortable, I mean fair enough but I think I'd prefer to not know

i disagree with the advertising, sex education has always been this kind of taboo thing that is touched upon breifly. and we wonder why kids go around getting pregnant and infected. sex is the most natural thing in the world and we shouldnt shy away from talking about it and teaching it to our children. it wasn't as though explicit things were being said, if a parent isnt ready to explain to a child what certain things are they can just say "it's an adult thing". The shows on at 9pm, so how can you advertise it post watershed when it starts at post watershed? They need to attract their target audience who will be watching channel 4 in the afternoon.

I for one think its a brilliant and information show, it doesnt sensationalise, it just says the basics, and tells a lot that isnt touched upon in schools, in fact sex education is rubbish in schools. It should be added to the circumulum and every school's sex ed is different, it should be a universal syllabus that touches on everything in as much detail as required. kids are more savvy this days, as this show highloights, they know the basics but want to know more, maybe if they were taught more we wouldnt be in such the situation that we are with pregnancies and stis draining our NHS funds.

I do agree, this show has made me realise that sex ed is school is awful!

Thread Information