Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Controversial Storyline for Corries 50th - Contains Spoilers

I'm surprised Charlotte is considered as a main character as she didn't get a lot of screen time. Michelle did not appear in Corrie’s 50th week because the producers told her to stay away as she was pregnant and there would be stunts involved. I think the soap and actors and actresses coped well without her and I don't know what she would've brought to the whole story?

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Liz HF View Post
    I'm surprised Charlotte is considered as a main character as she didn't get a lot of screen time. Michelle did not appear in Corrie’s 50th week because the producers told her to stay away as she was pregnant and there would be stunts involved. I think the soap and actors and actresses coped well without her and I don't know what she would've brought to the whole story?

Liz
    Yes Charlotte wasnt a main character and she didnt die because of the tram - Stape killed her

I assumed that the four funerals would be as a result of the tram crash/explosion rather than anything else

Coronation Street's horrifying tram crash was one of 2010's TV highlights, despite causing chaos and devastation in Weatherfield.

But now the event will be immortalised in soap history, with the crash wreckage to be preserved in a museum in the soap's home town of Manchester.

Part of the tram, which viewers saw plunge off the viaduct and cause carnage on the famous cobbles in a huge 50th anniversary stunt, will be exhibited at Manchester's Museum of Science and Industry.

The museum's director Tony Hall told the Manchester Evening News: "We were approached a couple of weeks back as to whether we'd like to have the tram from the crash.

"As the icon of the 50th anniversary programming we felt it appropriate to have it. It will be the section that smashed into Rita's shop."

The museum is also in talks with Granada about the possibility of displaying the soap's original cobbles when it moves to a new home in MediaCity in Salford Quays in 2012.

Molly Dobbs and Ashley Peacock lost their lives in the tram tragedy, which cost more than £1 million to film and was watched by nearly 15 million people.

I'm still waiting for the fourth funeral.

Pictures of the exteriors of the Corner Shop and The Kabin have surfaced on the internet. The Kabin has dropped it's Post Office branding so The Kabin is once again a newsagents, just like it used to be.

The Corner Shop has taken a more realistic look than the last Corner Shop, by looking more like you'd expect a Corner Shop to look.

All that is left to reopen now is the Joinery, and of course, No.13 still needs to be rebuilt, as its still sat there in it's burnt state

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-02-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post

The Kabin has dropped its Post Office branding
    Really, why's that then? It was always so busy as a post office. There were often long queues at the counter; Norris was for ever selling stamps etc., there were long lines of pensioners on pay day. I can't believe it is no longer to be a post office; it was such a central part of the street and all the storylines....er...

P.S. I'm still waiting for the fourth funeral...
    Last edited by parkerman; 23-02-2011 at 09:15.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-02-2011)

Thread Information