Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Storyline for Corries 50th - Contains Spoilers

Well Molly will probably be one. And Jack maybe.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

the drama will continue into 2011 as the people of Weatherfield come to terms with the tragedy and the dramatic twists and turns that follow,

an event of this magnitude which will affect the lives of all the residents of Coronation Street.

a disaster that will rock the lives of everyone in Weatherfield.

ordinary people on an ordinary street battling adversity -

everybody's future in uncertain!"

using all the wonders of modern technology to bring you something spectacular."

Sounds like an average episode of Eastenders or The Bill when Marquess was in charge
    Last edited by alan45; 08-07-2010 at 00:57.

A HORROR tram crash is set to wipe out several of Coronation Street's most popular figures.

At risk ... shopkeeper Rita and cabbie Lloyd

New producer Phil Collinson said last night: "Weatherfield will never be the same again."

He revealed "much-loved characters" on the ITV1 soap would be killed and injured as the viaduct featured in the opening credits collapses - sending a tram careering on to the famous cobbles.

The December disaster will mark Corrie's 50th anniversary.

Phil added: "We'll use all the wonders of modern TV production to bring a disaster that will rock the lives of everyone in Weatherfield."

All cast members - including favourites like shopkeeper Rita Sullivan (Barbara Knox), cabbie Lloyd Mullaney (Craig Charles) and barmaid Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh) - could be among the casualties.

None of them will be told if they survive the catastrophe and alternative scripts will be used to keep plot details "under wraps".

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0t5k4apNf

Seeing that Craig Charles has just signed another contract for a year, he will be safe, as will be Kym Marsh. Hope they don't kill off Rita but I guess Barbara might want to go, she has had health issues in the past; of course, Jack and Molly are leaving, so that would tie in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    All cast members - including favourites like shopkeeper Rita Sullivan (Barbara Knox), cabbie Lloyd Mullaney (Craig Charles) and barmaid Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh) - could be among the casualties.

None of them will be told if they survive the catastrophe
    But they will know how long their contracts last...
    Last edited by parkerman; 08-07-2010 at 14:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Yet again we're being told how popular Kym Marsh is. She's certainly not popular on these boards - except for with Alan, of course.

Keith Duffy has revealed that his Coronation Street character Ciaran McCarthy will be "a big part" of one of the soap's 50th anniversary storylines.

The actor confirmed that he expects Ciaran's relationship with barmaid Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh) to be one of the plots taking centre stage during the celebrations this December.

Speaking to RTE, Duffy commented: "They are gearing up now for some really big storylines for the 50th anniversary and I know they want me to be a very big part of one of those storylines.

"I can only imagine that will have something to do with himself and Michelle. They are getting together and their relationship is fiery."

Duffy recently expressed a desire to tackle more challenging plotlines, arguing that Ciaran should start showing a more "serious" side.

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has praised the secrecy surrounding the soap's forthcoming tram disaster storyline.

Show bosses recently announced that a number of characters will be killed off later this year when the street's viaduct collapses, causing a tram to crash on to the cobbles.

Speaking about the plot, Marsh told New: "A newspaper speculated that my character Michelle could be among the casualties but, truthfully, none of us know who's involved.

"It's the first time since I joined the show that a plot has been kept totally under wraps. By keeping it so secret, the chances of it leaking out are slim - making it all the more exciting."

Corrie producer Phil Collinson has vowed that the show's team will do "everything" possible to ensure that exact details of the storyline do not leak ahead of transmission.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-07-2010)

Ben Price has admitted that Coronation Street's tram crash could have an "unbalancing" effect.

Speaking to Holy Soap, the former Footballers' Wives actor revealed that there was an unsettled feel on the set after the news was announced by producers.

He divulged on yesterday's edition of Loose Women: "It wasn't a great day. You understand the show goes through progressions. I haven't been there very long, so for other people it's a real family but I think a lot of people at one time can be very unbalancing."

However, the 38-year-old added that the stunt will be "exciting" to reflect the "huge" nature of the 50th anniversary celebrations.

Price explained: "But I think it's very, very exciting for the show and for the viewers you need that. It's 50 years. It's such a huge milestone there has to be a big event, I think."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (16-07-2010)

No loss so hope they go

Craig Charles and Kym Marsh have recently signed long term contracts, won't be them. Rita Knox has only recently come back after being poorly so maybe health issues force her to leave for good

Thread Information