Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Storyline for Corries 50th - Contains Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Seems a bit late for that!
    We all already know who lives and who dies

Coronation Street legend Bill Roache has promised that the soap's forthcoming tram crash disaster will spark some "amazing" follow-up storylines.

The actor, who plays Ken Barlow on the show, confirmed that the ramifications of the dramatic accident will still be playing out on screen in 2011.

Next month, fans will see a tram career off the street's viaduct following an explosion at The Joinery, causing death and devastation on the cobbles below.

Speaking on TalkSport about the crash, Roache explained: "There's some amazing stories that emanate from that, so it's not just going to be a big anti-climax. There's going to be a heck of a lot catapulting us into next year."

The 78-year-old also speculated that Corrie bosses may have surprises in store for the forthcoming live episode, which is expected to focus on the aftermath of the stunt.

Discussing the show's cast, he commented: "There's a lot that we don't know and there may even be a surprise for us on the live episode. We don't know. It's just great stuff, and we've been filming from seven at night to five in the morning on the tram crash. I can tell you, it's so dramatic - tiring yes, but so exciting and so stimulating as well."

Live episodes can be nerve-wracking and challenging, but Debbie Rush is looking forward to Coronation Street's forthcoming live show.

The episode, to air in December, is part of the upcoming 50th anniversary celebrations, which also includes a harrowing tram crash.

"Everybody's dead excited about going live again - it's not often in your career that you get the chance to do television like this," she told Inside Soap.

Debbie, who plays Anna Windass in the ITV soap, has been trying to get some advice from her veteran castmates like Bill Roache and Eileen Derbyshire on coping with the live scenes.

"Some of the cast who have been here for a while did it all before ten years ago, so we've been getting tips from them. And of course, the Street used to be live every week when it first started," she revealed.

"I think the only real advice they can give us though is to not fluff our lines!"

Despite pressure over the weeks leading up to the live show, Debbie reckons spirits are higher than ever.

"We've all worked really hard, doing day shoots, night shoots and everything starts to blur into one. But although we're knackered, morale is brilliant," she said.

"We just want it to be amazing, and from what we've seen, I think it will be. The audience is in for a real treat..."

We can't wait!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-11-2010), parkerman (15-11-2010)

Four funerals, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Four funerals, eh?
    Spoiler:
    Ashley, Molly, Charlotte and maybe Peter Barlow or one of Dev's twins

Tuesday, 7 December 2010, 9:00PM - 10:00PM

Coronation Street: 50 Years, 50 Moments is a countdown of the soap’s best ever moments from the last half a century, as voted for by its fans.
    Over the last few weeks, viewers have been voting to choose which storyline from the soap’s history will be crowned the ultimate Coronation Street moment.
    Now, in two one hour documentaries featuring interviews with cast members past and present, including William Roache, Julie Goodyear, Johnny Briggs, Simon Gregson and Wendi Peters, the results will be revealed.
    Narrated by Victoria Wood, the programmes will reveal the stories behind Corrie’s 50 greatest moments from a list which was compiled by an expert panel including Coronation Street creator Tony Warren, William Roache and The Guardian’s TV critic and lifelong Corrie fan Nancy Banks-Smith.
    The shows will feature all the classic highlights since the very beginning of the soap in 1960, from the highly emotional scenes featuring the death of Mike Baldwin, to the hilarity of Ken Barlow teaching French to Raquel, and from the front page news of Deirdre Rachid’s imprisonment, to the gripping reign of terror wreaked by Richard Hillman.
    Plus, interviews with cast members, producers and writers reveal the inside track on how some of the most explosive, amusing and heartfelt scenes were shot and the tricks of the trade used to make them work.
    Talking about the moment when the Battersby’s hot tub fell through their living room ceiling, Wendi Peters, who played Cilla Battersby, says: “When we first got the scripts I thought, ‘How are they going to do this? And what am I going to be wearing?’”
    In the scene, Les and Cilla are enjoying a pizza in the tub when Chesney’s dog jumps in and the weight forces the tub through the floor into their living room. Wendi explains that she and Bruce Jones, who played Les, had to have carpet under them and on their knees to protect them when the dog jumped in.
    She adds: “It was just horrible. We were begging the dog to jump in and he wouldn’t. In the end the trainer had to get in the bath to get him to jump in.”
    Another moment featured in the shows is Mike Baldwin’s wedding to Linda Sykes. At the wedding Mike’s long-lost son Mark Redman revealed to his father that he had been having an affair with his bride.
    Paul Fox, who played Mark, explains to the show how difficult it was pretending to be drunk for the scenes. He says: “Drunk scenes are always a little weird, I’m always a little wary of playing them because there’s a tendency to overplay them. A little inside trick is to have a little sip of something which probably releases some sort of endorphin or something that reminds you of what it’s like to feel drunk.”
    Sally Dynevor, Michael Le Vell and Denise Welch also reveal in the documentary what it was like to work on the storyline which saw Kevin and Sally’s perfect marriage rocked by his affair with barmaid Natalie Horrocks.
    Sally says: “Kevin having an affair was such a shock. They were so happy. Sally and Kevin had been this really happy couple for 10 years, it was all going really nicely and then suddenly Natalie came along and everything changed. I’d just come back form having my son and it was my first storyline, so I did come in with a bang and it was brilliant. It completely changed Sally and Kevin’s relationship.”
    Coronation Street: 50 Years, 50 Moments, features the clip of when Sally tracked Kevin down at Natalie’s house and confronted him. Denise says: “Sally had said to Michael, ‘I may want to hit you,’ And he said, ‘Go ahead.’”
    Michael adds: “Sally certainly didn’t hold back the punches.”
    During the storyline, Sally also got to slap Natalie. Denise adds: “My face was like a cartoon. The director was very crafty and told Sally to catch me off guard a little bit so I didn’t know what was coming.”
    And, Julie Goodyear explains what it was like filming her final scenes for the soap when her character, Bet Gilroy, left the Rovers and the street for a better life in Tenerife. Julie says: “She was going off into the sunshine and anything other than that, I couldn’t have coped with, and I knew the viewers couldn’t. They wanted her to go to Tenerife.”
    Coronation Street: 50 Years, 50 Moments is produced and directed by Kerry Allison and Vicky Thomas. The executive producer is Mark Robinson.

Thursday, 9 December 2010, 9:00PM - 10:00PM

Coronation Street: 50 Years, 50 Moments is a countdown of the soap’s best ever moments from the last half a century, as voted for by its fans.

Over the last few weeks, viewers have been voting to choose which storyline from the soap’s history will be crowned the ultimate Coronation Street moment.

Now, in two one hour documentaries featuring interviews with cast members past and present, including William Roache, Julie Goodyear, Johnny Briggs, Simon Gregson and Wendi Peters, the results will be revealed.

Narrated by Victoria Wood, the programmes will reveal the stories behind Corrie’s 50 greatest moments from a list which was compiled by an expert panel including Coronation Street creator Tony Warren, William Roache and The Guardian’s TV critic and lifelong Corrie fan Nancy Banks-Smith.

The shows will feature all the classic highlights since the very beginning of the soap in 1960, from the highly emotional scenes featuring the death of Mike Baldwin, to the hilarity of Ken Barlow teaching French to Raquel, and from the front page news of Deirdre Rachid’s imprisonment, to the gripping reign of terror wreaked by Richard Hillman.

Plus, interviews with cast members, producers and writers reveal the inside track on how some of the most explosive, amusing and heartfelt scenes were shot and the tricks of the trade used to make them work.

Talking about the moment when the Battersby’s hot tub fell through their living room ceiling, Wendi Peters, who played Cilla Battersby, says: “When we first got the scripts I thought, ‘How are they going to do this? And what am I going to be wearing?’”
    In the scene, Les and Cilla are enjoying a pizza in the tub when Chesney’s dog jumps in and the weight forces the tub through the floor into their living room. Wendi explains that she and Bruce Jones, who played Les, had to have carpet under them and on their knees to protect them when the dog jumped in.

She adds: “It was just horrible. We were begging the dog to jump in and he wouldn’t. In the end the trainer had to get in the bath to get him to jump in.”

Another moment featured in the shows is Mike Baldwin’s wedding to Linda Sykes. At the wedding Mike’s long-lost son Mark Redman revealed to his father that he had been having an affair with his bride.

Paul Fox, who played Mark, explains to the show how difficult it was pretending to be drunk for the scenes. He says: “Drunk scenes are always a little weird, I’m always a little wary of playing them because there’s a tendency to overplay them. A little inside trick is to have a little sip of something which probably releases some sort of endorphin or something that reminds you of what it’s like to feel drunk.”

Sally Dynevor, Michael Le Vell and Denise Welch also reveal in the documentary what it was like to work on the storyline which saw Kevin and Sally’s perfect marriage rocked by his affair with barmaid Natalie Horrocks.

Sally says: “Kevin having an affair was such a shock. They were so happy. Sally and Kevin had been this really happy couple for 10 years, it was all going really nicely and then suddenly Natalie came along and everything changed. I’d just come back form having my son and it was my first storyline, so I did come in with a bang and it was brilliant. It completely changed Sally and Kevin’s relationship.”
    Coronation Street: 50 Years, 50 Moments, features the clip of when Sally tracked Kevin down at Natalie’s house and confronted him. Denise says: “Sally had said to Michael, ‘I may want to hit you,’ And he said, ‘Go ahead.’”

During the storyline, Sally also got to slap Natalie. Denise adds: “My face was like a cartoon. The director was very crafty and told Sally to catch me off guard a little bit so I didn’t know what was coming.”
    And, Julie Goodyear explains what it was like filming her final scenes for the soap when her character, Bet Gilroy, left the Rovers and the street for a better life in Tenerife. Julie says: “She was going off into the sunshine and anything other than that, I couldn’t have coped with, and I knew the viewers couldn’t. They wanted her to go to Tenerife.”

Coronation Street: 50 Years, 50 Moments is produced and directed by Kerry Allison and Vicky Thomas. The executive producer is Mark Robinson.

ITV has announced that Coronation Street will broadcast its live episode on December 9.

It was confirmed in September that the Manchester-based soap would transmit live as part of its 50th anniversary. A special week of episodes beginning on December 6 will see the Street left devastated following an explosion and subsequent tram crash.

The one-hour live episode will be broadcast on Thursday December 9 from 8pm.

Corrie producer Phil Collinson previously teased that he wants the episode to be the "most spectacular piece of live television people have ever seen".

Monday, December 6
    7.00pm - Emmerdale (30 mins)
    7.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins)
    8.00pm - Repeat of Coronation Street's first ever episode (30 mins)
    8.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins)
    10.00pm - Coronation Street Uncovered: Live (duration TBC, airing on ITV2)

Tuesday, December 7
    7.00pm - Emmerdale (60 mins)
    9.00pm - Coronation Street: 50 Years, 50 Moments - Part One (60 mins)

Wednesday, December 8
    7.00pm - Coronation Street (30 mins)

Thursday, December 9
    7.00pm - Emmerdale (60 mins)
    8.00pm - Coronation Street (60 mins, Live episode)
    9.00pm - Coronation Street: 50 Years, 50 Moments - Part Two (60 mins)

Friday, December 10
    7.00pm - Emmerdale (30 mins)
    7.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins)
    9.00pm - Coronation Street: The Big 50th (duration TBC)
    Last edited by alan45; 17-11-2010 at 00:38. Reason: To include update of weeks episodes in 50th Anniversary thread

one will be Jacks funeral wont it????

Quote Originally Posted by annette_tr9 View Post
    one will be Jacks funeral wont it????
    His funeral is next week

Thread Information