Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ashley and Clare leave under a cloud

Ashley and Clare leave under a cloud

CLAIRE and Ashley Peacock will leave Coronation Street for good in a shock child abuse storyline.
    The couple are being axed by new producer Phil Collinson - and their exit will be shrouded in scandal.

Shock ... dad Dev Alahan
    Claire is arrested when she babysits for Dev and Sunita Alahan - and they accuse her of physically abusing their son Aadi.
    A source said: "Dev and Sunita leave Aadi at childminder Claire's, but when they collect him he has a head injury and is crying.

Injuries ... young Aadi Alahan
    "They rush him to hospital and doctors suspect foul play, so call the cops."
    Claire, played by Julia Howarth, 30, flees Weatherfield, but returns to clear her name - and it emerges that Aadi got the injuries in a fight with little Simon Barlow.
    However she tells butcher Ashley, played by Steven Arnold, 35, that they must leave for good.
    The source said: "She can't believe people could think she was to blame.
    "This will be the end for Claire, Ashley and their sons. And there will be no way back."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0sZgwoSxa

If true I think this is a sad and DISGUSTING way for such a nice couple to leave Corrie. I wonder if Paul Marquess wrote this storyline

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-07-2010), jenig (05-07-2010), LalaGaga (03-07-2010), parkerman (03-07-2010), tammyy2j (09-07-2010)

exactly this sounds ridiculas for claire and ashley as they have never done anything horrible in all the years they have been there.

The Peacocks will leave Coronation Street after a child abuse scandal, according to reports.

The Sun reports that the couple, played by Steven Arnold and Julia Howarth, will be accused by Dev (Jimmi Harkishin) and Sunita Alahan (Shobna Gulati) of harming their son Aadi.

"Dev and Sunita leave Aadi at childminder Claire's, but when they collect him he has a head injury and is crying," a source revealed. "They rush him to hospital and doctors suspect foul play, so call the cops."

Claire then apparently flees Weatherfield with her son Joshua, returning to beg Ashley to join them. Their name will then be cleared after 7-year-old Simon Barlow takes responsibility for Aadi's injuries.

"She can't believe people could think she was to blame. This will be the end for Claire, Ashley and their sons. And there will be no way back," the insider added.

It was announced back in April that Arnold and Howarth would leave the serial after a mutual decision was made with new producer Phil Collinson.

I wonder why or how Simon will confess and I agree with other comments, unbelievable storyline for a popular couple, lazy scriptwriting or revenge by the producer because they dared ask for better storylines, so he sacked them and this is their exit to put the boot in at the end as well.
    Last edited by Perdita; 03-07-2010 at 11:18.

This storyline if true and the supposed one about Traceyluv getting early release ar doing a lot to turn me from watching Corrie. Oh yes and we have yet another death on the street to look forward to not to mention a rape. Please tell me that Paul Marquess hasnt taken over at Corrie

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    This storyline if true and the supposed one about Traceyluv getting early release ar doing a lot to turn me from watching Corrie. Oh yes and we have yet another death on the street to look forward to not to mention a rape. Please tell me that Paul Marquess hasnt taken over at Corrie
    no Alan, he's too busy raping Hollyoaks at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    no Alan, he's too busy raping Hollyoaks at the moment
    The man seems obsessed with RAPE. He even introduced a rapist policeman to The Bill

What a horrible way to get rid of Ashley & Claire. Totally unbelieveable storyline for them to leave. Claire would never harm anyone. Come on Corrie you can do better than that.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

i can understand how this storyline would come around, Claire is a childminder after all, but i can't believe they would leave over it! especially since she gets her name cleared, people have stayed around after doing much worse than that!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

I agree, LostVoodoo, this is lazy scriptwriting in my opinion, Corrie can do much better than this.

I agree, what a horrible ending for such a sweet couple.

Thread Information