Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alice Coulthard (Maisie Wylde) quits

Alice Coulthard has admitted that she always intended to leave Emmerdale.

The actress - who plays Maisie Wylde in the Yorkshire soap - announced in June that she was to exit the show.

Explaining her decision, Coulthard told Digital Spy: "Well, it was partly because I'd always wanted to stay in the show for about two years. I thought that was a nice amount of time to do a job like this, as I'd like to do other things."

She also confessed that she wants to spend more time with her new husband Owen Dyke

She continued: "It was also because I live in London and I've just got married, so splitting my time between Leeds and London after two years can get pretty tiring, really, and I just want to be able to live with my husband!

"Plus, I never intended to stay in a soap forever."

Last edited by alan45; 01-09-2010 at 11:30.

Emmerdale star Alice Coulthard is going to keep her maiden name now she's married.

The actress, who leaves her role as Maisie Wylde this year, has tied the knot with musician fiancee Owen Dyke.

She told OK! magazine: "I'm not changing my name at all. From a political point of view I don't see why a woman should have to change her identity."

She added: "I don't have a problem with other people doing it but I personally don't want to. And bear in mind if I did change my name it would be A Dyke!"

Her husband added: "I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be A Dyke."
    Last edited by Perdita; 01-09-2010 at 21:09.

Departing Emmerdale star Alice Coulthard has admitted that she will "definitely" miss portraying her troubled character Maisie Wylde.

The actress announced back in June that she had decided to leave the ITV1 soap, and viewers will see her final scenes later this year.

Speaking to Inside Soap about bowing out from the part, Coulthard commented: "Emmerdale's been a huge part of my life, and I'll be really sad to be going. There are pros and cons. I'll definitely miss Maisie - it'll be weird, because I spend more time being her than I do me!

"I'll have to try to remind myself of who I am! Hopefully I haven't tarnished myself with her attributes!"

In real life, Coulthard recently tied the knot with partner Owen Dyke, who is based in London.

She added: "I spend 90% of my life in Leeds for work, and for the other 10%, I rush straight back to London. We only get to see each other for a day or two at the weekends, and it's been very difficult living in two places. Owen and I haven't lived together as a married couple, so I'm looking forward to that when I leave."

The star joined Emmerdale in early 2009 and has since been at the centre of a number of high-profile storylines.

Thread Information