Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikhil Sharma (Rik Makarem)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nikhil Sharma (Rik Makarem)

SEXY Maisie Wylde has a huge row with boyfriend Nikhil Sharma but doesn’t realise he’s been keeping a huge secret from her.

The gorgeous blonde, who for weeks has been trying to get the factory boss into bed, decides they are taking things too slowly.

She tells her pal Adele Allfrey about their non-existent sex life but the busty factory girl can’t help but gossip to her workmates.

And when he hears them talking Nikhil explodes and storms off to tell Maisie to keep her mouth shut.

An insider said: “There’s something big he’s kept from Maisie. He confesses to his brother and he tells him that if he wants to keep Maisie he’s going to have to come clean.

“Viewers will be pretty shocked when they find out what it is.”

Fans will see Nikhil finally reveal his secret on ITV1 next month.

Daily Star

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (01-07-2010), tammyy2j (30-06-2010)

Since he dont want to have sex with her I'm guessing maybe he is a virgin or has one testee

I think he's a virgin

I think so too

He could be a virgin, but I'm wondering if he's been assaulted when he was very young.

Ohh, very interesting idea, never thought of that

Cool Rik Makarem (Nikhil Sharma - Interview and Spolers

Since their first appearance in Emmerdale at the end of last year, Sharma brothers Nikhil and Jai - played by Rik Makarem and Chris Bisson respectively - have been a relatively slow-burn family. Nikhil, however, is about to step up a few gears as he finally admits his deepest secret to his brother. Mentally and emotionally drained by its existence, an immense weight is lifted off the younger Sharma's shoulders but how will Jai and Maisie react? We recently caught up with Rik to hear all about his screen relationship with Wylde child Maisie and how his secret is finally exposed.

Nikhil's getting quite close to Maisie at the moment…
    "Yeah, absolutely. It's a real liking. What he's seen in her is a complex nature. She's been through quite a tough time and he's recognised that there's a softness inside which is quite appealing to him. She's not just this feisty beautiful girl, she's much more intricate. As much as Nikhil might be able to help Maisie, she might be able to help him."

She's got quite a bit of emotional and mental baggage with her, though. Does that not put him off?
    "I think that's part of the challenge. He has a number of issues himself, yet he's gentle and caring. With Maisie, Nikhil realises that he can finally love someone. At this moment in time, they're a very good match."

Maisie's becoming a little concerned by his lack of affection towards her, though…
    "Nikhil's becoming aware that Maisie's intelligent enough to know that someone's not quite right and starts trying to acquire more information from everyone in the village. Nikhil knows about it and it starts snowballing. The relationship's rosy but Nikhil starts backing off. Nikhil's been down this road many times before but this time he thinks it's different…"

If it wasn't Maisie, who else would you like to see Nikhil with?
    "Definitely Edna! They'd be a delightful couple. No, I joke. It's good when he's challenged by a stronger personality like Debbie and Maisie."

Their relationship takes a turn for the worse next week, though…
    "Everything's going so, so well and then they have an argument which results in them breaking up - it has to be something pretty bad to cause it! He's letting greatness walk out of his life! Basically, Maisie turns up at the factory and kicks off because she can't understand why Nikhil's being the way he is and with that, they call time on their relationship."

Nikhil's anger boils over in the factory, doesn't it?
    "Nikhil's frustrated that everyone's been gossiping about his relationship with Maisie and especially after the break-up, he's become very self-conscious and paranoid. The factory workers start making suggestions about why Nikhil is the way he is: Is it something to do with his past? Is he gay? It becomes too much for him and he loses it, starts shouting at everybody, squares off with his brother and storms off home."

Then Nikhil confides in Jai…
    "Nikhil's deeply distressed and back at the house, Nikhil comes clean with his brother. It's a massive moment in Nikhil's story because - as much as Nikhil won't admit it - Jai's the hero, who's easy with words, easy with the ladies… Everything about Jai is what Nikhil wishes he could be like and Jai's the one person he wouldn't want to find out his secret. The fear of being judged by his brother is immense."

Are you happy with the way the Sharmas have bedded in?
    "We've been a slow-burn family, which has been fantastic. It's allowed us to settle, find our feet and cement our brotherly relationship. Now, we're starting to get the bigger storylines which let Nikhil and Jai be people, independent of their heritage. That's what I'm most in love with about the show. We've seen other soaps follow the heritage of a family and make the storylines revolve around that. Emmerdale have brought in a couple of dual-heritage brothers and have focused on them as people - and I think it's truly representative of modern-day Britain."

Was it frustrating to see Effie Woods leave?
    "Yeah, we were sad but ultimately I think it's okay to sacrifice a character if it serves the story. There's much more history between the brothers than with the sister, so it made sense to push their story."

So how about that, then?

Emmerdale's Nikhil Sharma's a virgin?!

If for some bizarre reason you missed my original interview, click here to have a read!

Alternatively, read on to find out what Rik Makarem - the actor who plays Nikhil - thought when he first heard about the story twist, whether it affected the way he portrayed the character and how Maisie reacts when she learns the truth...

What was your reaction when Gavin told you what Nikhil's secret was?
    "The first thing I thought was, 'Great! What a brave storyline!' This is something that hasn't been discussed in soapland. I immediately thought that there are people out there who have experienced - and still are experiencing - what Nikhil's going through. It's a difficult, traumatic and emotional thing to deal with, so I was excited by the idea of portraying that. And hopefully, it'll connect with some of the audience. It's a very sensitive story which, at first, could appear quite funny and laughable but because it's written and directed so well, I think we've created something that's true, honest and integral to real life."

What would you say to those people that think it can't be the case with Nikhil?
    "If you have a good-looking guy or girl, it's much harder to be interested in someone without being judged first. I know - as Rik - when I was younger and potentially seeking love interests from nice ladies, before I'd even opened my mouth, there'd be a judgement about what kind of person I'd be. When you're constantly coming up with that, it's very difficult to overcome. The whole storyline's very endearing."

Has this gone a long way to understanding who Nikhil is?
    "Nikhil's uptight in quite a lot of ways and is crying out to be loved. He's as soft as anything behind the hard exterior."

Have you known since the beginning about Nikhil's secret?
    "Yeah, about three or four months in…"

Did that affect the way you were playing scenes?
    "Absolutely. I had choices - it could have been that Nikhil was over-confident or show the audience that there is a sensitive side to Nikhil but that something wasn't quite right. I've been delighted that the storylines have allowed me to peel back the layers of Nikhil and enable everyone to see that there's more to Nikhil than meets the eye. I didn't go into every scene thinking. 'Nikhil's a virgin', though!"

Where do Nikhil and Jai go from here?
    "We actually start to see them be brothers for the first time. Taking the competition, windups and cheeky innuendoes out of the equation, they love each other very much. Jai surprisingly shows that he cares once he finds out. But does Nikhil trust that? Nikhil can't understand why his brother's being so supportive."

Where does this leave Nikhil and Maisie?
    "A lot of Nikhil's history is revealed during these episodes. We find out why Nikhil's been the way he's been when his ex-girlfriend Amber turns up. Over the eps, we see a real liberation of Nikhil's character when everything comes out. Once he's wrestled with his past and the fact he's a virgin, he realises that Maisie's who he wants and he decides to fight for her."

How does Maisie react when she learns the truth?
    "Nikhil nervously goes around to see her and tells her bluntly that he's a virgin. There's a lot of fear on Nikhil's part because he doesn't feel like a man yet. He's stunned, though, by her reaction - it's perfect. She actually finds it the most endearing thing of all. In that moment, you see just how perfect their relationship can be and what potential there is. Love really starts to blossom and it was a real delight to play."

Do Nikhil and Maisie have a future together?
    "I'd like to think so! I can't tell you past six weeks because that's all I know up to! If Maisie does become the first physical interest that Nikhil acquires, it might change his behaviour… I'm not saying that he's going to start walking around all smug but it grounds him. He's overcome a fear and he's on the 'other side'. We'll see a much stronger and complete Nikhil which will give him more confidence and stability in his life."

What else is to come from the Sharmas for the rest of the year? Apparently you have some big stuff on the horizon…
    "I'm very excited! I'm truly ecstatic just to be in the programme but to know that you'll be leading the show is an incredible privilege and honour. For both Chris and I, it's absolutely fantastic and I hope that the audience are enjoying what we're doing."

There is already a thread on Nikhill's secret can this be added into that thread please mod

Nikhil Sharma

Emmerdale spoiler: Nikhil Sharma is back

Published Sunday, 6th September 2015,
    By SoapSquawk

Emmerdale actor Rik Makarem has confirmed he’s reprising his role as Nikhil Sharma later this year.

Fans last saw Nikhil in 2013 when he left the village for a new life in Canada with daughter Molly after the murder of his wife Gennie.

Bosses are keeping tight-lipped about the exact circumstances of his comeback but he will be part of a huge storyline that will make the Sharma family the main focus of the soap.

Rik will start filming later this month with his return aired in the winter.

Speaking about his return, Rik said: “I’m over the moon to be reinvesting in Nikhil. Emmerdale is fantastic at character-driven stories and for any actor this is massively rewarding.”

And series producer Kate told the Daily Star Sunday: “I am thrilled to be welcoming Rik back.”

Source:
    http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/emm...ck.php#results

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (08-09-2015), KiwiElle (06-09-2015), lizann (06-09-2015), maidmarian (06-09-2015), Ruffed_lemur (06-09-2015), TaintedLove (06-09-2015)

Thread Information