Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corrie Spoiler

Corrie Spoiler

CORONATION STREET is to screen a controversial rape storyline that will see David Platt returning to his wicked ways.

Driven wild with jealousy after his old flame Tina McIntyre fell for his mate Graeme Proctor - he will take a terrifying revenge.

The last time the Street included a rape scene was in 2001 when almost 14 million people tuned in to see Toyah Battersby brutally attacked by pal Phil Simmonds in an alley.

The violence was slammed by many fans as being too sickening for an early evening soap - but that hasn't put the soap's new producer Phil Collinson off.

Last night a Corrie insider revealed: "This storyline is bound to have its critics as many viewers prefer us to stick to the more mundane aspects.

"But Phil thinks the three actors involved in this plot work brilliantly together and he wants a vehicle to make the most of that in a gritty and realistic way."

Jack P. Shepherd (David) has picked up gongs for being best soap villain while Craig Gazey (Graeme) and Michelle Keegan (Tina) have been lauded as best newcomers.

From News of the World

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hbk4894 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-06-2010), lizann (29-06-2010), tammyy2j (27-06-2010)

Coronation Street character David Platt is reportedly set to be involved in a rape storyline.

Platt, played by Jack P Shepherd, will allegedly attack ex-girlfriend Tina McIntyre as revenge for dating Graeme Proctor.

An insider told the News of the World: "This storyline is bound to have its critics as many viewers prefer us to stick to the more mundane aspects.

"But [show producer] Phil [Collinson] thinks the three actors involved in this plot work brilliantly together and he wants a vehicle to make the most of that in a gritty and realistic way."

The insider added: "The public clearly love these three. They are the future of the show and Phil wants to cement their relationship with viewers in a must-see storyline.

"But he also realises many people found the Toyah rape scene very harrowing and he'll temper the way Tina's attack is filmed. The jealousy and hatred grows in him until it comes out in a really frightening attack."

The last rape storyline in the soap was in 2001, when Toyah Battersby was attacked by friend Phil Simmonds.

As David is unlikely to get away with this, we are going to have a storyline where we follow him in prison or Jack P Shepherd has time to do other projects as he will be written out, for some time at least
    Last edited by Perdita; 27-06-2010 at 11:38.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (29-06-2010), tammyy2j (27-06-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    As David is unlikely to get away with this, we are going to have a storyline where we follow him in prison or Jack P Shepherd has time to do other projects as he will be written out, for some time at least
    That's exactly what I was thinking. How can David remain in Corrie after raping Tina? Are there any reports of Jack P Shepherd leaving the soap?

I have not heard anything and as the producer is saying that the 3 characters are very popular, I can't see him being written out and I am glad about that too, I like David

I have not heard anything and as the producer is saying that the 3 characters are very popular, I can't see him being written out and I am glad about that too, I like David
    Yeah, David is great - I'm glad he's not leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. How can David remain in Corrie after raping Tina? Are there any reports of Jack P Shepherd leaving the soap?
    Surely they cannot have David guilty of Rape getting off scot free

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Surely they cannot have David guilty of Rape getting off scot free
    That's why I don't think this report can be true, unless Jack P Shepherd is leaving Corrie. He surely couldn't remain a pivotal character after getting away with such a deed.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 27-06-2010 at 17:57.

I really hope David wont do this I cant see how he could stay on the street after this

Poor Tina. Hope David doesn't get away with it, but I think he could. Not all rapes are reported after all.

I like him more recently, but thought he had grown up a bit.

Thread Information