Thread: 'Hollyoaks' confirms more new cast

'Hollyoaks' confirms more new cast

Hollyoaks' rejuvenation process is continuing this week as show bosses officially announced the signings of three more cast members.

Cheryl's brother Brenden, McQueen cousin Bart and Hollyoaks Later character Lynsey have all begun filming with the Channel 4 teen soap and are due to arrive on screen at the beginning of August.

Actor Emmett Scanlan takes on the role of the soap's new bad boy Brenden Brady.

Evil to the core, Brenden knows no bounds and will happily do anything and everything to ensure he reaches his end game. His scheming, manipulative tendencies are clear to those who don't know him, while his sister Cheryl (Bronagh Waugh) won't hear a bad word said against him.

Cheryl's best friend Lynsey - played by Karen Hassan, below right - also turns up in the village at the same time and manages to ruffle a few feathers on her way in.

Lynsey from Hollyoaks
    Meanwhile, the McQueen clan collects another cousin when they meet ladies' man Bart (Jonny Clarke) at his step-mother's funeral. At first glance, his innocent exterior is enough to convince Myra to take him under her wing. However, his tearaway history of ASBOs and police warnings soon becomes common knowledge.

Producer Paul Marquess said: "This is a really exciting time for Hollyoaks and Brendan, Lynsey and Bart bring more fun, drama and sexiness to the show. "

Meanwhile, Kris Fisher (Gerard McCarthy), Zak Ramsay (Kent Riley) and Jake Dean (Kevin Sacre) are due to bow out of the Channel 4 soap during the same week as Masquess's new characters arrive.

He added: "Of course we’re sad to say goodbye to Kris, Zak and Jake but we wish the boys well in their future endeavours and we look forward to the new residents causing some trouble in the village!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-07-2010)

Hollyoaks newcomer Bianca Hendrickse-Spendlove confessed she has to remind herself not to fancy her attractive co-stars.
    The actress plays Texas, the mysterious sister of India Longford (Beth Kingston).

Asked what it's like to work with so many good-looking actors, she told Heat magazine: "It's definitely an added bonus - it's quite fun coming into work."

She went on: "With all the hot cast members I have to remind myself, 'I have to work with you - I can't look at you like that'."

Texas has already appeared in the show but will return to screens later this year.

A Hollyoaks spokeswoman said: "Texas is always causing trouble. She's very beautiful and always gets her own way with men, which drives India insane."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (13-07-2010)

I dont like India at all

Thread Information