Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Queen Vic to go up in smoke

EastEnders' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood has promised that there are "spectacular" scenes in store in tonight's much-anticipated Queen Vic fire episode.

In this evening's edition of the Walford soap, viewers will see a crazed Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden) start a blaze at the iconic pub during a furious row with mum Peggy (Barbara Windsor).

Although the flames are likely to put lives in jeopardy, show bosses are keeping tight-lipped over whether there will be deaths or injuries.

Speaking to the official EastEnders website, Kirkwood commented: "The Queen Vic fire is one of the most exciting things that we've got coming up. It marks our autumn launch and it also contributes to Barbara Windsor's departure from the show.

"I don't want to say too much about it, because I would rather the viewers found out for themselves, but it's one of the most spectacular stunts that EastEnders has ever seen, and it's very exciting. And who knows how Barbara will leave the show?"

As revealed back in July, returnees Kat and Alfie Moon will regain The Vic later this year and concentrate on rebuilding the destroyed boozer from the ground up.

Kirkwood added: "When I joined the show and found out that Barbara Windsor was leaving, we had to sit down and talk about who would take over the Queen Vic, and there were two immediate options available to us - Kat and Alfie, who are two of the most popular and iconic characters the show has ever seen.

"So they return to us in late September, and very much herald the new era of EastEnders. They both bring with them joy and fun, a sense of humour - and an appetite for big drama. So I'm very excited about their return."

Quote Originally Posted by TreyAtwood View Post
    Aww no those pictures are making me worry! I dont want her to die! So gonna miss Peggy, dont get why people are coming up with Poison Dwarf, she's a great actress and a great character.
    Barbara Windsor hasn't got a lot of fans on this board, it's true. I agree with you, though, and will miss her in EE. I hope Peggy isn't killed off so she can return if Barbara changes her mind.

EastEnders' Queen Vic fire storyline has sparked a warning from the London Fire Brigade (LFB), which has spoken out to warn the public about the dangers of real-life blazes.

Later this evening, soap fans will see Phil Mitchell (Steve McFadden) set the Albert Square pub alight during a row with mum Peggy (Barbara Windsor), causing chaos and putting lives in jeopardy.

Amid the publicity surrounding tonight's much-anticipated episode, London Fire Commissioner Ron Dobson has urged the public to prepare for the event of a fire by planning an escape route and purchasing a smoke alarm.

In a statement released on the LFB website, Dobson commented: "EastEnders is set to show how dramatic and distressing fire can be, but while we quickly forget about the latest television plot, the devastation of a serious house fire can stay with us for years.

"If everyone gets a smoke alarm, checks it regularly and also makes an escape plan we can make a real difference and prevent serious injury and deaths."

Figures released earlier this week showed that 50 people died in accidental fires last year - an increase of almost 20% compared to 2008. There was also an increase in the total number of accidental fires in the home.

If the emergency services were to issue warnings about every storyline in Deadenders or any soap for that matter then they would never be off our backs.

The police would be on warning us not to murder anyone or else you would get into big trouble and the nasty men in blue would come and take you away, unless of course you are a Mitchell. Dont push postmen off a roof unless you live in Emmerdale. Dont bury bodies in a factory unless you live in Weatherfield.

I appreciate the Fire and Rescue Service using this episode to highlight the dangers but most of us can tell the difference between a soap storyline and real life

It's now been more than two months since we first heard that The Vic would burn down in EastEnders, and after weeks of frenzied rumour and speculation, this evening we'll finally see the episode that everyone has been talking about.

Thanks to the official pictures that have been released of tonight's instalment, as well as the spoilers, we already know a few details of what to expect - but plenty of questions still remain: Will Peggy die? Will everyone else make it out of the pub alive? Just how much damage will be done to The Vic? And could there be any more twists in store? Join DS here from 7.30pm as we provide live updates of tonight's game-changing episode and find out the answers. And don't forget to use the form at the bottom of the page to have your say!

7.30pm - The episode opens in The Vic and we pick up where Tuesday night's instalment ended - Janine's wedding reception is continuing in the pub, and Stacey has just confessed to Peggy that she killed Archie. At first, Peggy thinks it's all a sick joke, but she's stunned as she realises that Stacey is deadly serious.

7.32pm - Stacey attempts to explain her actions by revealing to Peggy that Archie raped her. However, Peggy says that she doesn't believe Archie did anything of the sort and makes some insulting remarks about Stacey's history with men. Furious, she vows to call the police.

7.33pm - Peggy continues to unleash her fury at Stacey, expressing her shock at how she's let Bradley's name be blackened. She tells Stacey that she's responsible for the deaths of both Archie and Bradley, before shouting: "You disgust me! Go on, get out! Get out of my sight because I can't bear to watch you! GO ON, GET OUT OF MY PUB!"

7.34pm - Upstairs, Phil begs Billy for money so he can buy more drugs. A struggle follows, so Billy rushes outside the room and starts boarding up the door again, while Phil makes some sinister threats. Elsewhere, as Janine and Ricky begin the speeches, Stacey begs to speak to Ryan and drags him away.

7.35pm - Phil picks up the crowbar that Billy left behind in the room and manages to escape. After doing so, Phil repeatedly shouts "MONEY! NOW!" and steals some cash from the kitchen, before knocking back some booze.

7.36pm - In the toilets, Ryan thinks that Stacey is making a move on him, which she denies. She tries to explain what's so urgent, but when Pat walks in, Ryan reveals what's going on before making a swift exit.

7.37pm - Left alone with Stacey, Pat warns her that Ryan is a married man and she should leave him alone. Stacey orders her to mind her own business, prompting Pat to slap her. Pat says that it should act as a reminder - "Claws off Ryan. He's family now."

7.38pm - Peggy goes to make the phone call to the police about Stacey, but she soon has more pressing matters to worry about when Phil comes downstairs. She orders him back upstairs, but he refuses to be bossed around.

7.39pm - Peggy informs a crazed Phil that she's not scared of him, as he vows to steal money from the till. As they argue further, Phil asks Peggy what kind of mother would lock her own son up.

7.40pm - Phil brings up the Louise fiasco, but Peggy defends herself - saying that she was just doing what was right for her. Phil accuses Peggy of driving his dad to an early grave. He rants at her for locking him upstairs and points out that he's in a complete state. There's no arguments from Peggy on that one, as she says: "I'm lookin' at ya - and it ain't pretty!"

7.41pm - Phil smashes some booze on to the floor and tells Peggy again that she's to blame for his current state, as she sobs. He argues that all she wants to do is to control her family and she's even worse than Archie because she's not honest about it.

7.42pm - The argument between mother and son comes to a head as Phil says, "The truth is, you love this pub more than you love me. Go on, admit it!" Peggy tells him that he's right - she does…

7.43pm - Phil declares that he's going to do to Peggy what she did to him - take away the one thing she cares about. He picks up a matchbox, vows to burn down the pub and lights one of the matches. Peggy calls Phil's bluff by firmly saying that he doesn't have the nerve to do it. Phil then leaves Peggy utterly stunned by dropping the match, causing the hallway to go up in flames. He then lights and drops another match, and the fire spreads further.

7.44pm - Peggy runs into the main bar area and shouts at everyone to get out. Before anyone can figure out what's going on, there's a big explosion and it's chaos and carnage everywhere. Masood gets Dot to safety and tells her to call the fire brigade. Meanwhile, Stacey is still in the toilets…

7.45pm - Billy and Ricky make their escape from the pub. In all the chaos, Syed is knocked over. Masood gets Tamwar outside to safety, but then asks, "Where's your mother? Where's Syed?" He runs back inside, where Zainab tries to make sure Syed is safe and ensures he gets up from the floor.

7.46pm - Max, Vanessa, Janine, Ryan and Whitney are now among the characters who have made their way outside. Masood makes sure that Syed gets out of the pub safely. Inside, Pat tries to convince Peggy to leave the pub, and Billy - now back inside - drags her out. Stacey emerges from the toilets and rushes upstairs to rescue Lily.

7.47pm - Stacey now has Lily with her, but the fire has now spread too much for her to return downstairs. Due to the boarded-up windows, she's completely trapped.

7.49pm - Outside, a frantic Peggy shouts about the pub and argues that they can't all just stand there and do nothing. Back inside, Phil and Stacey are still in severe danger as the flames spread…

7.50pm - Stacey finds the crowbar and starts trying to remove the boards from the windows. Outside, Peggy looks distraught over what is happening. Inside, Phil tries to steal money from the till - but the bar above comes crashing down on to him…

7.51pm - Max, Peggy, Billy, Roxy, Ronnie and Jay rush back in when they realise that Phil is still inside. Meanwhile, Stacey has removed the boards and smashes the upstairs window, alerting everyone below to her presence. Ryan uses a ladder to climb up and successfully collects Lily. Stacey is now left alone in the upstairs room...

7.52pm - The fire is now edging dangerously close to Stacey. Now back outside with Ronnie, a distraught Roxy fears that her family will die inside. Meanwhile, Glenda arrives back on the Square and is shocked by the chaotic scenes.

7.53pm - Peggy and Billy drag Phil outside, meaning that all of the Mitchells are now safely out of the pub. Meanwhile, Ryan climbs back up the ladder to rescue Stacey.

7.54pm - Ryan climbs into the room - where Stacey is unconscious on the floor. As he picks her up and brings her down the ladder, there's a big explosion and they fall to the ground. A series of massive explosions follow as The Vic is now completely consumed by flames. Everyone watches on from a distance, and Peggy looks completely devastated.

7.55pm - Stacey and Ryan have both survived their fall. Stacey is relieved to hear that Lily is fine, and soon drops a bombshell on Ryan, telling him: "She's yours. She's your daughter!"

7.57pm - Peggy seems unable to comprehend what is happening. As she stands in the Square, there's some moments of silence from her, but then she cries: "Let it burn! Let it burn…" as the episode ends.

Many thanks for above Perdy, I had to go out tonight and was a bit miffed I was missing the culmanation of months of build up to this one episode.

So the Poison Dwarf survives. What a disappointment

Thought there would be at least one death!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to crjs1 For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (10-09-2010)

Disappointed peggy didn't die! Great episode! Has anybody heard if stacey dies? Spoiler alert going round saying she dies after telling ryan his lily's father and him and janine get custody!! The other spoilers that was in the message were true so I'm very confused as didn't think she was leaving till 2011.

Thread Information