Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild at Heart to return for 6th Series

Cool Wild at Heart to return for 6th Series

Wild At Heart recommissioned for sixth series

Following a hugely successful fifth series Stephen Tompkinson and Dawn Steele are returning to South Africa to film 10 more episodes of WILD AT HEART.

ITV's popular Sunday night drama averaged an audience of seven million earlier this year. The sixth series will be back in production this summer and this time there is even more excitement and adventure in store for Danny and Alice Trevanion and their family.

In the first episode we catch up with newly weds Danny and Alice on honeymoon in the UK, where they meet someone from Danny’s past who has a secret which threatens to explode the family.

Returning home to the wilds of South Africa, Danny is distraught when the lions of Leopard’s Den start dying of a mystery illness. Can he save the pride and ensure the future of the lion population at Leopard’s Den?

Meanwhile Alice finds herself questioning her role at Leopard's Den after her confidence as a wildlife vet is shaken while on duty. Did their recent trip to London make her realise what she is missing back home?

Du Plessis (Deon Stewardson) has his work cut out helping Danny when the future of Leopard's Den is jeopardised by outsiders. But his typically direct manner comes between him and his wife Caroline and the family face a difficult choice that threatens to tear them apart.

This series Caroline (Hayley Mills) is finding it increasingly tough to keep her granddaughter under control and we’ll discover that although Olivia (Olivia Scott-Taylor) has thrown herself into family life she seems to have given up on her school work. Could this be connected to the return of a certain young offender from series five?

An astounding array of animals will join the cast once again and in the new series Danny faces his biggest challenge yet when he is appointed State Vet and has to deal with an array of fresh dangers and conflicts.

how are they still churning this out! the first series was bad and then it juist got worse.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (15-06-2010)

I was under the impression that they had scrapped further series because of the costs to produce the show

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    how are they still churning this out! the first series was bad and then it juist got worse.
    Awww its not that bad. Good easy watching for a Sunday evenong. You dont even need your brain in gear to watch it

I'm surprised they've recomissioned it when the costs to make it must be quite high in comparison to other dramas.

i must be honest as i havent watch since amanda holden was in it, and i wasnt a fan, i can see where your coming from with it being proper sunday night tv which i love, but for me its no where the heart is! i prefer Yorkshire over SA!

Tried to get into this but found it very boring.

I think its done all it can now, I woudlnt bother if I was them

Stephen Tompkinson has admitted that he is looking forward to filming the new series of Wild At Heart.

The actor, who plays Danny, explained that he often misses the animals on the show.

"I find myself dreaming about the animals when I'm back in England," he told What's On TV. "They have a big effect on me and I do miss them.

"I can't have pets because I'm away filming a lot so it wouldn't really be fair on them, and I haven't got the ceiling room for a giraffe, unfortunately. I'm working on it though."

Tompkinson also claimed that Wild At Heart has got better with each new series.

"I'm excited about filming again," he said. "It's a series that's gone from strength to strength since it started and we've really hit our stride in the last two years."

I dont see what else they can do, but thats just me

Thread Information