Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laptop Trouble

Laptop Trouble

Another thread on my laptop! its a pain i know, basically all i am getting is a blank screen, i can hear the whiring and feel the fan so i am assuming that there is something happening in there. Any ideas to whats happening, im assuming its my harddrive, or maybe a loose connection or maybe something to do with the motherboard, but i have no idea really! Any idea will help but im thinking im going to have to go to the computer shop.

Your fan is probably on its way out which can overheat your laptop and affect your hard drive.. You should get the fan replace can make a big difference
    e
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Another thread on my laptop! its a pain i know, basically all i am getting is a blank screen, i can hear the whiring and feel the fan so i am assuming that there is something happening in there. Any ideas to whats happening, im assuming its my harddrive, or maybe a loose connection or maybe something to do with the motherboard, but i have no idea really! Any idea will help but im thinking im going to have to go to the computer shop.
    Does this happen as soon as you switch on. Do you get any message at all on your screen even during the boot-up

i thought the fan as well.

Erm i get the like Fujutsu Siemens and the F2 boot up and F12 something else screen, then it goes blank after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    i thought the fan as well.

Erm i get the like Fujutsu Siemens and the F2 boot up and F12 something else screen, then it goes blank after that.

Do you have a boot up disk on a cd

Do you hear any beeps when it tries to boot up. Dont laugh but the number of beeps can help identify the problem sometimes
    Last edited by alan45; 11-06-2010 at 21:52.

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Hub and I bought a new lap top in the USA.. Since our other one was starting to blink and nod and die,, this time to avoid over heating, we bought one of those cooling fans u sit the lap top on,, its wonderful.. the performance is much better..well I accidentally dropped and broke the fan thingie,, ( too lazy to go out and get a new one )started using the lap top on my desk,, started over heating and screen was blacking out,,had to RESTORE it over and over again,,trying to avoid taking it to the shop but may not have much choice,, I feel that if u get your lap top fixed Katy get one of those cooling fans for lap tops,, it will help loads,,
    Also has any one heard about a "paste" inside the laptop??? according to a "computer geek" if the paste hardens due to over heating it can cause the lap top to blink out and go black and cause the hard drive to quit doing what its supposed to do ????????????? ahhhhh the wonderful mysteries of technology

Sometimes a build up of fluff around the fan causes it toi run slower and therefore not cool the system down.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post
    Hub and I bought a new lap top in the USA.. Since our other one was starting to blink and nod and die,, this time to avoid over heating, we bought one of those cooling fans u sit the lap top on,, its wonderful.. the performance is much better..well I accidentally dropped and broke the fan thingie,, ( too lazy to go out and get a new one )started using the lap top on my desk,, started over heating and screen was blacking out,,had to RESTORE it over and over again,,trying to avoid taking it to the shop but may not have much choice,, I feel that if u get your lap top fixed Katy get one of those cooling fans for lap tops,, it will help loads,,
    Also has any one heard about a "paste" inside the laptop??? according to a "computer geek" if the paste hardens due to over heating it can cause the lap top to blink out and go black and cause the hard drive to quit doing what its supposed to do ????????????? ahhhhh the wonderful mysteries of technology
    I have found my two laptops working much better since they are sat on cooling pads, get one online, Jodi,if you can't be bothered to go out for one, they are well worth it, imo

thanks for the advice guys, theres no beeping on the start alan. Still no joy so im taking it to the shop tomorrow. The cooling things seem a good idea, i think i will invest.

I got one of the cooling pads for 9 Euro and free postage within 2 days of ordering it from eBay, about a year ago and no probs so far As I am on the laptop a lot, especially on a weekend, I consider it well worth an investment

Thread Information