Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: John stape hides a deadly secret from his friends and family

Coronation Street's Jennie McAlpine has praised her co-star Graeme Hawley for his work on their current storyline.

McAlpine (Fizz) told Digital Spy that Hawley, who plays her on-screen husband John Stape, had worked extra hard on the stolen identity plot.

She confirmed that they had recently begun shooting scenes which will show the "beginning of his downfall".

"It's been great," she said. "Obviously Graeme is really brilliant at it and he is working three times as hard as me!"

On whether or not the couple can survive the outcome of the plot, McAlpine said that she is unsure.

"I don't know!" she said. "It's such a massive secret, although the worst thing I think for Fizz, rather than the act, will be the deceit, betrayal and the fact that he didn't tell her.

"I know he couldn't have told her but being lied to is going to be as bad as knowing what he has done really."

Coronation Street star Jennie McAlpine has admitted that she is not looking forward to the day when her screen husband John Stape finally gets his comeuppance.

The actress's character Fiz is currently unaware of the fact that John (Graeme Hawley) is hiding a sinister secret, having hid Colin Fishwick's body at Underworld in a surprise summer storyline.

Colin passed away back in July during a heated showdown with John and Charlotte Hoyle at the Stape household - prompting the pair to take desperate measures to cover up the shocking incident.

Asked by RTE whether it is time for John to get what he deserves, McAlpine replied: "Yes, but in a way I don't want him to get his comeuppance because I absolutely adore working with Graeme Hawley. You don't always get the chance to be on the same wavelength with people you are working with, but we are lucky enough to have that. It's so lovely.

"Obviously, he is a different person in real life, but for the viewer, he just has to get what he deserves, doesn't he? I mean, nobody can lie to his wife, his friends, his co-workers and even to himself as much as he has done and get away with it. Poor Fiz!"

Meanwhile, on whether Corrie fans seem willing to forgive John, McAlpine commented: "I don't think so - I think they are on Fiz's side. I'm always winding Graeme up every time John tells another lie or does something horrible by saying, 'Oh that's another black mark against you - another reason for the viewers to hate you!'"

In next week's episodes, viewers will see John face a new crisis when some strange events at Underworld seem to indicate that somebody knows the truth about Colin's fate.

John Stape's dark Coronation Street storyline will continue playing out on screen for "a long time yet", it has been confirmed.

The former schoolteacher is currently hiding a shocking secret after concealing Colin Fishwick's body at Underworld back in July. He did so after Colin passed away during a heated confrontation at the Stape household.

Speaking to Inside Soap about the character's future, Corrie's series producer Phil Collinson explained: "John hasn't killed - yet. He just wants to have a quiet life in the Street with his wife and baby. Someone up there isn't going to let that happen, though!

"There's still a lot to play out with this storyline, so John isn't going anywhere for a long time yet. Part of the challenge for us is how long we can keep John, and how dark we can make him."

Last month, it was rumoured that John may commit murder for the first time before the year is over. Reports suggested that the schemer would kill Charlotte Hoyle after she begins blackmailing him over Colin's death.

Graeme Hawley, who plays John, recently insisted that he was unsure of whether the speculation was true.

I have to admit that although I thought this was quite a good story to start with I am getting a tad fed up with it and if it is going to last for 'a long time yet' I think I can see myself getting more than a tad fed up!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (21-10-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    John Stape's dark Coronation Street storyline will continue playing out on screen for "a long time yet", it has been confirmed.

The former schoolteacher is currently hiding a shocking secret after concealing Colin Fishwick's body at Underworld back in July. He did so after Colin passed away during a heated confrontation at the Stape household.

Speaking to Inside Soap about the character's future, Corrie's series producer Phil Collinson explained: "John hasn't killed - yet. He just wants to have a quiet life in the Street with his wife and baby. Someone up there isn't going to let that happen, though!

"There's still a lot to play out with this storyline, so John isn't going anywhere for a long time yet. Part of the challenge for us is how long we can keep John, and how dark we can make him."

Last month, it was rumoured that John may commit murder for the first time before the year is over. Reports suggested that the schemer would kill Charlotte Hoyle after she begins blackmailing him over Colin's death.

Graeme Hawley, who plays John, recently insisted that he was unsure of whether the speculation was true.
    So he dont die in tram crash pity

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I have to admit that although I thought this was quite a good story to start with I am getting a tad fed up with it and if it is going to last for 'a long time yet' I think I can see myself getting more than a tad fed up!
    I agree with you. How can they possibly keep him on. Ok he didnt murder Colin but he is guilty of a few crimes. If as rumoured he goes on to Kill Charlotte then he has to go. They got round the Rawsie kidnapping story well but I cannot see how they can cover up two deaths. The story is getting boring and farcical as it goes on.

ITVJennie McAlpine has admitted that she enjoys teasing her Coronation Street co-star Graeme Hawley about the public's reaction to his plots.

The actress, who plays Fiz Stape, told RTÉ Ten that she believes viewers are on her character's side and want to see her on-screen husband John get his comeuppance.

"I think [the public] are on Fiz's side," she said. "I'm always winding Graeme up every time John tells another lie or does something horrible by saying, 'Oh that's another black mark against you - another reason for the viewers to hate you!'.

"And now that Fiz is pregnant - well he is messing with the wrong girl. But if you think about everything he has done with Rosie, the kidnapping, being sent to prison, assuming Colin's identity - he's always been caught, but has managed to come back. It's like nothing can knock him down."

McAlpine confessed that although John should be caught out, she does not want it to happen soon.

"Yes, but in a way I don't want him to get his comeuppance because I absolutely adore working with Graeme Hawley," she said.

"You don't always get the chance to be on the same wavelength with people you are working with but we are lucky enough to have that. It's so lovely. Obviously, he is a different person in real life, but for the viewer, he just has to get what he deserves, doesn't he?"

She added: "I mean, nobody can lie to his wife, his friends, his co-workers and even to himself as much as has done and get away with it. Poor Fiz!"

Speaking to Digital Spy recently, McAlpine praised Hawley for his hard work during the storyline.

Becky Hindley has revealed that she thinks her Coronation Street character Charlotte Hoyle could have a brilliant friendship with motorhome dweller Mary Taylor.

Corrie fans have recently seen Charlotte develop an unsettling obsession with former colleague John Stape, after the pair became embroiled in the death of Colin, the man whose identity John stole in order to teach.

Meanwhile, magazine competition fan Mary, portrayed by actress Patti Clare, has displayed a magnetic attraction to local shop gossip Norris Cole.

Hindley told Inside Soap that she thinks the two women would get along in light of their stalking tendencies.

She said: "Someone mentioned the idea to me the other day and I agree that Charlotte and Mary should be friends.

"There's some mileage in it. Mary could have an accomplice in that camper van of hers - it would be brilliant!"

Commenting on what viewers can expect from Charlotte in the coming weeks, Hindley said: "Charlotte won't let John go now she has him in her grip.

"She loves danger, she feeds off it and I think that John does too."

Former One Foot In The Grave star Doreen Mantle has been cast as Colin Fishwick's mother in Coronation Street.

The actress, best known for her role as Jean Warboys in the classic sitcom, has already started filming with the ITV1 soap and will appear on screen within the next few weeks.

In an episode which aired earlier this month, viewers discovered that Colin's mum Joy was desperate to get in contact with her son after not hearing from him for weeks.

Unbeknown to Joy, Colin died during a heated confrontation with John Stape (Graeme Hawley) back in the summer. The shock storyline subsequently saw John hide the teacher's body at Underworld, where it currently lies beneath some freshly-laid concrete.

Mantle's casting was announced on the ITV show's official site. Further details of her storyline are currently unknown, but it looks likely that she will delve further into the mystery surrounding her son's disappearance.

Last month, Corrie bosses announced that ex-Last Of The Summer Wine actress Jean Fergusson is to appear in the drama for a six-episode guest stint. She will play the mother of John's reluctant co-conspirator Charlotte Hoyle (Becky Hindley).

Becky Hindley has revealed that she is thrilled with her role as unhinged Charlotte Hoyle in Coronation Street.

The actress made her first appearance in the ITV1 soap back in April and her alter ego is currently at the centre of the show's ongoing John Stape storyline.

Speaking to Inside Soap about life at Corrie, Hindley explained: "We're always having fun on set. Charlotte is such a psycho bunny boiler. I read the scripts and think, 'Oh my God, I can't believe she's going to do that!'

"It's a funny plot, so you really do have to have a giggle about it all. Everyone loves working on this storyline right now - we have a very happy ship."

Discussing the public's reaction to Charlotte, she added: "I was called a 'psycho bitch' by a load of Blackburn Rovers fans on a train. But they were very lovely to me when we got chatting.

"Lots of viewers have come up to me and said that they love Charlotte and this storyline, so it's been really positive. It's a gift of an acting role for me!"

Charlotte helped John (Graeme Hawley) to cover up Colin Fishwick's death earlier this year after the teacher passed away during a heated confrontation with the pair.

Thread Information