Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cervical Smear Test

Cervical Smear Test

I was to have one of these the other day and I couldnt because it hurt so much - is it always like this?

I think I will need to take a relaxer or I cant have it done

Any advice/tips/help for me please?

I hope someone has some tips cause I am the same as you.. it hurts too much and I don't go.. I am not sure if there is new methods now that don't hurt..
    Super Mod

I was going to ask for an epidural

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    I was going to ask for an epidural
    If they say yes.. let me know
    Super Mod

An epidural!! I thought I was bad! No you can't have one of these!! What about taking something herbal to relax you, like "Quiet Life"? Or do yoga breathing excerises? I know smer tests are unpleasant but they are a must! Be big brave girls and go, it only lasts for 2 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    An epidural!! I thought I was bad! No you can't have one of these!! What about taking something herbal to relax you, like "Quiet Life"? Or do yoga breathing excerises? I know smer tests are unpleasant but they are a must! Be big brave girls and go, it only lasts for 2 mins.
    the process is only 2 mins but the pain stays with me all day.. I generally have to take a hot bath after it.. I haven't had one in years and I know I should go but it is very painful.
    Super Mod

Shiv, that is wrong, it should only hurt for a little while. Does it matter who you go to, maybe someone more experienced in doing them might be better. Also I think you should tell the doctor/nurse about how long the pain lasts after because that is not right?

Shiv, that is wrong, it should only hurt for a little while. Does it matter who you go to, maybe someone more experienced in doing them might be better. Also I think you should tell the doctor/nurse about how long the pain lasts after because that is not right?
    No it doesn't matter who it is.. I was sent to a few doctors to get it checked out and they couldn't find anything wrong.. I sit in pain for ages after and have cried while been examined by doctors
    Super Mod

Totally totally wrong, this should not happen, fully understanding why you do not want to go BUT think of what might happen if you don't. xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (27-05-2010)

Totally totally wrong, this should not happen, fully understanding why you do not want to go BUT think of what might happen if you don't. xx
    I know.. and have to build myself up to go plus take the day off so I can have my bath and not sit in discomfort all day
    Super Mod

Thread Information