Thread: Stacey Solomon

Stacey Solomon

Stacey Solomon has announced details of her debut single.

The X Factor star has recorded a version of 'At Last', originally performed by Glenn Miller and his orchestra, and later covered by everyone from Etta James to Christina Aguilera - with the Royal Air Force Squadronaires.

Before performing the song on GMTV this morning, Solomon told Lorraine Kelly: "I'm doing a single for the RAF. My cousin's serving at the moment and my granddad was actually in the RAF as well, so it means quite a lot to me."

"I got to sing it on [The X Factor] and someone from the RAF contacted me and asked me to record it as a single."

Solomon recently launched a campaign to reunite surviving members of the Squadronaires, the RAF big band formed in 1940 to boost wartime morale.

Her version of 'At Last' will be included on In The Mood: The Glenn Miller Songbook, a collection of 18 brand new Squadronaires recordings available from May 31. It will also be released as a single on the same day, Lorraine Kelly confirmed on GMTV.

I did like her version of this song

Stacey Solomon has been named as the new face of Iceland supermarket.

The former X Factor finalist and I'm A Celebrity winner will appear in the company's new advertising campaign later this year, reports PA.

Speaking of her new venture, Solomon said: "I'm really excited to be working with Iceland. I still can't believe it. And I have always been such a big fan so it feels perfect. Wahoo!

"I can't wait to get started and shoot the ads."

Iceland's executive director Nick Canning said that Solomon had been chosen because she is "a genuine Iceland customer and is someone [they] know [their] customers already love".

The supermarket chain was previously fronted for four years by Kerry Katona, before she was axed following drug allegations in 2009.

As well as the Iceland ad campaign, Solomon has also landed a job alongside Vernon Kay presenting a new Saturday night TV series.

DS

Can you imagine Stacey saying that's why mums goes to Iceland

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Can you imagine Stacey saying that's why mums goes to Iceland
    I can actually. I can just see her going round with her shopping trolly buying two for one pizza's and strawberry cheesecakes.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Stacey Solomon has given birth to her second son.

The former X Factor star's publicist Max Clifford confirmed the news via Twitter earlier today.

He wrote: "Congratulations to our lovely client @5taceysolomon who gave birth to a baby boy earlier today, both baby and mum are doing well."

This is Solomon's first child with fiancé Aaron Barnham, to whom she became engaged in December after three years of dating.

Solomon was widely criticised recently after she was photographed smoking while seven months pregnant.

She has expressed fear that she will experience postnatal depression again after giving birth, as she did with her first son Zac.

Congratulations

Thread Information