Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Leanne Battersby

zeedan and leanne getting close will it go farther hope not

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (23-07-2015)

I don't think so. I think he has too much respect for his dad. Simon does care for Leanne but for a child they cannot understand people making mistakes and having big regrets in life. Its all black and white to them. Then part of me feels angry as she is the only one whose tried to raise him properly when his family have let him down particularly his dad.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (23-07-2015), maidmarian (23-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Then part of me feels angry as she is the only one whose tried to raise him properly when his family have let him down particularly his dad.
    It's often the ones closest who pay for other people's failings. My poor mother had a terrible time with me (no violence though!!) as a teenager and young adult. She got payback though as my daughter did the same to me!
    Last edited by Dazzle; 23-07-2015 at 03:00.

I think most of us at one time all think parents are hard work. It's normal but we appreciate them in the end.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-07-2015), maidmarian (23-07-2015)

Troubled Leanne Tilsley has to consider whether to seek help on Coronation Street next week as her young stepson Simon Barlow continues to be violent towards her.

As Simon's rages spiral further out of control, Leanne's loved ones start to ask questions about her mysterious injuries - making it increasingly difficult for her to keep covering for him.

Here, Jane Danson - who plays Leanne - explains how her character copes as Simon's bad behaviour escalates.

How is Leanne coping now that a few weeks have passed since Kal's death?
    "Leanne is really struggling and she's reached a really low point. I would like to see her have some happiness, but I think I have to accept that she's just not one of those characters! At the heart of it though, she's still a Battersby and she's tough - but she is suffering, especially without Kal for support."

What does Leanne put Simon's recent rage down to?
    "Leanne knows what it all comes down to and I think that's the reason why she keeps it to herself and doesn't let anybody in on it. She worries that other people won't understand Simon's behaviour and that they'll think badly of him, and quite possibly badly of her too!

"He's had a really rocky upbringing and recently it's been one thing after another with the deaths of Kal and Deirdre, as well as Peter coming back briefly and then leaving him again."

Does Leanne feel partly responsible?
    "I think it's normal for every parent to blame themselves when something goes wrong and Leanne definitely questions whether she's done what she can for Simon and if she could have done more for him.

"Deep down Leanne knows that she's done what she can, but Simon's behaviour has taken an even darker turn since he found about Leanne's past from Dan. She feels absolutely terrible and mortified that he knows about her old work.

"Leanne has always been the one constant in Simon's life - the person he's always felt he could trust and rely on who was always there for him. Now he sees that she's flawed just like everybody else in his life has been."

© ITV
    Leanne is struggling with Simon's behaviour

What hurts Leanne the most about Simon's behaviour?
    "All of it is painful for Leanne. He's always been her little boy and her constant, ever since he came into her life. Now all of a sudden she's the worst person in the world to him. He starts to call her 'Leanne' which is really, really hurtful to her. She can handle the physical bruises but the hatred in him towards her sometimes is really hard for her to take, especially when she's only ever tried to do her best for him."

Next week, Simon steals a bottle of vodka from the Bistro and gets drunk with his friends. Does this touch a nerve for Leanne given his dad's history with alcohol?
    "Yes, Leanne probably thinks that Simon has grown up with a father who constantly turns to the bottle whenever things get tough, so Simon might have observed that behaviour. More than anything, she is horrified that he's managed to get his hands on the booze. She feels like he's slipping through the net and she just can't keep up with him.

"Leanne is absolutely fuming with Simon and she cannot believe he would do this to her. I think she's humiliated and can't believe he's gone this far. She puts a stop to it and is just too angry to even look at him."

What happens when Leanne gets a drunken Simon back home?
    "Leanne is too angry to listen to Simon as he tries to make excuses and blame other people. She knows he's lying and that he's deliberately trying to be destructive and cause trouble for her.

"Because Leanne tries to stand up to him and claw back some control, Simon isn't having any of it and screams at her that he'd rather be in care than living with her and pushes her. Leanne just doesn't know what to do - she's actually quite scared at that point, especially because he's drunk."

© ITV
    Simon and his friends get drunk

© ITV
    Leanne is horrified by Simon's behaviour

Simon definitely seems to be spiralling out of control, so how worried is Leanne about him?
    "She's at a complete loss about what to do. Simon's missing that male figure in his life and Leanne is worried about it. Kal's gone and Peter came and went again in the blink of an eye, which also really set Simon back. She's worried about the state of their relationship and whether he'll ever stop his behaviour and see how damaging he's being."

Simon does show some remorse at one point, telling Leanne that he can't control his anger. How does she react to that?
    "She's really saddened by that and scared by it too. Leanne obviously really wants to help him, but it's a vicious circle. Sometimes she's just so happy when he's nice to her and back to normal that she clings to it by rewarding him for it. She'll give him a hug or tell him he can have something he's wanted for ages."

Why does Leanne lie to Zeedan and Ken when they start asking questions about her injuries?
    "She's really embarrassed by it and wants to deal with it on her own - she doesn't want to be defeated. Her and Simon have always been a little team and she's determined enough to want to deal with it on her own."

Unfortunately, Simon turns violent yet again - causing Leanne to push him off and he cuts his arm. How does she feel then?
    "Her heart sinks. She doesn't want to hurt Simon, as he's still a little boy in her eyes and she's devastated that it's come to this. They have to go to the medical centre but they just brush it off and don't go into any detail with the doctors at all about what happened."

© ITV
    Simon launches another attack on Leanne

Ken invites Leanne and Simon round to discuss what's going on, but Simon begs Leanne to keep quiet. Does Leanne want to tell Ken by that point?
    "Yes and no. I think she is slowly reaching a point where she is realising that this can't go on and she can't do this on her own anymore, so maybe she will have to let someone in. But as soon as Simon begs her not to tell Ken, she agrees and gives in to him. I think ultimately it makes him even worse every time she gives him his own way."

Has she considered getting professional help?
    "She's living a bit of a nightmare at the minute and she doesn't know what to do. Every time Simon is nasty or abusive, he's then nice again a bit later and she thinks they can sort it out. Leanne doesn't have a support network to lean on, so eventually she will probably have to consider some form of help. She doesn't want to be defeated though."

Has this been a difficult storyline to work on?
    "This has been a hard storyline, but myself and Alex [Bain, who plays Simon] have worked on it together and gone through everything with one another to make sure we're both happy. Alex has done so well and I'm so proud of him."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-08-2015), maidmarian (04-08-2015), tammyy2j (04-08-2015)

She has had a horrendous time over the past year, but things will finally start to look up for Leanne Battersby on Coronation Street next week.

Leanne (Jane Danson) was left grief-stricken last year when her partner Kal Nazir died in the Victoria Court fire, and she has been subjected to a string of domestic abuse from her step-son Simon ever since.

Despite having had a very turbulent few months, Leanne's luck looks set to change when she has her head turned by a handsome stranger.

A positive week for Leanne will kick off after Simon returns from a successful counselling session.

Pleased that the schoolboy finally seems to be making some progress, Leanne agrees to go clubbing with Ev​​a following some encouragement from a supportive Zeedan.

Once out, Leanne is approached by a good-looking guy called Tom who chats her up in the bistro and gives her his phone number.​

Leanne is flattered by the attention, but could this be the start of happier times for Leanne?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Friday, February 5 on ITV.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

She has had a horrendous time over the past year, but things will finally start to look up for Leanne Battersby on Coronation Street next week.

Leanne (Jane Danson) was left grief-stricken last year when her partner Kal Nazir died in the Victoria Court fire, and she has been subjected to a string of domestic abuse from her step-son Simon ever since.

Despite having had a very turbulent few months, Leanne's luck looks set to change when she has her head turned by a handsome stranger.

A positive week for Leanne will kick off after Simon returns from a successful counselling session.

Pleased that the schoolboy finally seems to be making some progress, Leanne agrees to go clubbing with Ev​​a following some encouragement from a supportive Zeedan.

Once out, Leanne is approached by a good-looking guy called Tom who chats her up in the bistro and gives her his phone number.​

Leanne is flattered by the attention, but could this be the start of happier times for Leanne?

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Friday, February 5 on ITV.
    Lets hope theres is some happiness for Leanne.
    With her luck the "handsome stranger" could be
    one of those weirdos that target single mothers
    -to gain access to their children!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-01-2016), Perdita (28-01-2016)

I like that actor playing Leanne's new mystery man. I think he used to be John Nettles' sidekick in Midsomer Murders years ago. I hope he's staying around (though not as a paedophile who's after Simon as maidmarian suggests above! ).

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (29-01-2016), parkerman (28-01-2016), Perdita (28-01-2016)

Hope not as Simon has been through enough already.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    Hope not as Simon has been through enough already.
    So do I - but they do pile a lot of stories on
    the same characters. Easy way out!
    Last edited by maidmarian; 30-01-2016 at 00:10.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-01-2016)

Thread Information