Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Leanne Battersby

He's been married three times and has a reputation for being a ladies' man in Weatherfield, so it's no surprise why Chris Gascoyne wants his Coronation Street alter-ego Peter Barlow to be tamed.

And he's hoping that fiancee Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson), who he plans to marry on Valentine's Day, will be the woman to do so.

"I really like them as a couple - it'd be nice to see them stay together and work it out, instead of moving from one partner to the next," he told TV Times.

Peter's former wives include Jessica in 1990, before bigamously tying the knot with bubbly barmaid Shelley Unwin while being secretly married to florist Lucy Richards.

Chris hopes it'll be a happy-ever-after for the couple this time around, despite the fact that both have cheated on their other halves.

"They've got similar flaws. They both need somebody to love and they need to be loved. I think their story is just the beginning," he said.

"If they get over this, they could make it work. Definitely."

Filming the ceremony, which will be shown on screens on Valentine's Day (February 14), was tedious.

"Soap weddings are quite intense and they take a long time to film," recalled Chris.

"A lot of people don't say much, so they spend days sitting around, and then learn lines or read books during breaks in filming. I had pages of dialogue, so my concern was remembering all my lines and getting the emotions just right."

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street star Chris Gascoyne has confessed that he would like to see his character settle down for good.

The actor, who plays Peter Barlow in the ITV1 soap, said that he'd like to see his character work through his current relationship problems with wife Leanne (Jane Danson).

"I really like them as a couple - it'd be nice to see them stay together and work it out, instead of moving from one partner to the next," he told TV Times.

"They've got similar flaws. They both need somebody to love and they need to be loved. I think their story is just the beginning. If they get over this, they could make it work. Definitely."

Speaking of filming Peter and Leanne's upcoming wedding blessing, he added: "Soap weddings are quite intense and they take a long time to film. I had pages of dialogue, so my concern was remembering all my lines and getting the emotions just right."

DS
    I think it might work out after the blessing, although that itself doesn't look like it will go well. Getting so bored of weddings ( blessing in this case ) going wrong! Be a shock to have nothing go wrong at one.

I hope Peter forgives her and gets her to stay

CRAZED Peter Barlow holds down Corrie love rat Nick Tilsley with one of his crutches in a terrifying clash.
    Peter (Chris Gascoyne) hits out after finding out that wife Leanne (Jane Danson) has been carrying on with Nick, He ambushes him in the ruins of the Joinery.

Panicking Nick (Ben Price) whimpers: "What are you going to do me?" Peter, who also wields a crowbar, replies: "I'm going to kill you Nick."

But Nick saved Peter's life in the tram crash, which left him struggling to walk.

Fans will be left wondering if he can go through with it on ITV1 tonight.

(c) The Sun

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-02-2011)

Coronation Street star Jane Danson has promised that there will be more "exciting" developments ahead for Leanne and Peter Barlow this year.

The couple are currently enjoying quieter times in Weatherfield following their explosive wedding blessing showdown, which led to them splitting temporarily before later deciding that they could not live without each other.

However, speaking in an interview with This Morning today, Danson hinted that the pair's relationship is likely to come back to the forefront of the soap in the summer.

The actress explained: "I've not received the scripts but I know what's in store in the coming months - in the summer months. It's very exciting and, of course, I can't say anything because it's more than my job's worth!"

Confirming that she was surprised by what the writers have in store, she continued: "I thought now that they're married they'll probably have a baby and do the expected thing. But I think I'm alright to say that it's not that. I would love to tell you [what it is]! Keep watching."

Danson also explained how the couple have managed to stay together despite Peter's alcohol problems and Leanne's recent affair.

She said: "They're both flawed characters. He's got a lot of demons, she's got a lot of demons and they both don't really think about things before they do anything, and that can cause problems further down the line.

"But they really understand each other and I think over the last couple of years the writers have been really invested in those two characters, so to see them apart for a while and [Leanne] having an affair, I was a bit like, 'Oh no, don't rock the boat!' But it gave us both opportunities to work with different characters and it gives scope for the future. But for the moment, they're very much together."

DS

Interview in Daily Mirror

On bringing home the bacon, infidelity, and handing over the remote control..
    Busy Jane gets a lot of support from her husband, actor Robert Beck, 40. The couple, who have been together for 12 years and married five, have come up with a system that works for them.
    Jane goes out to work while Rob – who has also appeared in Coronation Street – is a stay-at-home dad.
    “It’s against the norm of the mum staying at home and the dad going out to work,” she says.
    “But Rob doesn’t feel emasculated. For now he is happy to be the main carer for the kids, and he’s a brilliant dad.
    “The acting industry dictates to you when you do and don’t work, and at the moment I’m the one with the more regular job. But that could all change if Rob gets a role.”
    After being immersed in a storyline hooked around infidelity for the past few months, has Jane given any thought to how she would react if Rob cheated on her?
    “Before I filmed this I was like, ‘If anybody cheated on me, that would be it’. But knowing that she was desperate for forgiveness made me think, ‘Why did she do it? Why did she want Peter back?’ In their situation, where a child is involved and she wanted to salvage the relationship, not everything is black and white.
    “I hope I never find myself in that situation but in any marriage you have got to keep communicating and growing together.
    “I don’t forecast a massively happy marriage for Leanne and Peter. They might be together for a while, but I don’t think it will be without its ups and downs.”
    So, from someone who obviously knows some tricks to maintaining a happy relationship, what’s the secret?
    “Allowing Rob command of the remote control and letting him watch football has probably been the key!” she laughs.
    On being known as a goody-two-shoes, getting led astray and peach schnapps..
    After blasting her way on to the cobbles in the form of Leanne Battersby as part of one of Corrie’s rowdiest ever clans, Jane Danson proved right away that she could pull off the chav factor.
    Her screeching in the street, cat fights in the gutters and dramatic descent into prostitution and drug abuse made an unforgettable impact.
    Now, nearly 14 years after arriving in Weatherfield, the lovely Leanne has settled down, got married and become stepmum to the adorable Simon Barlow.
    But unlike her on-screen alter ego, it seems that Jane herself never dabbled in wildchild antics. In fact, she’s worried that people think she is dull.
    “I would like to set the record straight,” she declares. “Vicky Entwistle, who plays my stepmum Janice, said in an interview how she adored me but that I was a ‘goody-goody’.
    She said she had a proud motherly moment when she got me drunk on peach schnapps after years of trying.
    “She made it sound like I’d never had a drink. People must have thought, ‘God, she really is dull – and she drinks peach schnapps!’
    “I’m not Mrs Square Pants. We’ve gone down different roads – I have kids and Vicky is more of a party animal!”

On panda eyes, getting thin and hating high definition..
    Relaxing is something Jane doesn’t get much time to do.
    With two young kids to keep her on her toes and a hectic work schedule, the hard work has been taking its toll.
    So much so that fans have expressed their concern that the actress is getting too thin.
    “It is upsetting, but I am not trying to be thin and I am not starving myself,” she says. “I have two young children and I’m running around like a lunatic half the time. I’m up very early for filming and I’ve had some pretty big storylines to deal with.”
    Indeed she has. In just a matter of months her character Leanne has married recovering alcoholic Peter Barlow at his hospital bedside after he was almost crushed to death in Corrie’s 50th anniversary tram crash, then she rekindled her affair with her ex, Nick Tilsley, got caught out and humiliated on her second wedding day, before finally winning Peter back. Phew!
    “The filming schedule has been really gruelling,” says Jane, who has been nominated for Best Actress at the British Soap Awards next month.
    “That’s why I look tired and drawn on screen. I look like a panda with these great black circles around my eyes. It’s like I could have been punched in the face!
    “The other night I watched Corrie in HD but I saw how tired I looked and I switched it back to the normal channel – I hate it!
    “The last time I was this thin was when my son Sam was diagnosed with silent reflux – a painful condition that is similar to heartburn – and I was really stressed out. I was eating but I was running about and the baby weight just dropped off.
    “I went back to work after five months and it was hard juggling two kids, but I put on weight when things started to calm down.
    “I’m back to eight stone now, and a few people have commented on my size, saying things like, ‘Ooh, she looks a little bit thin’.”
    On motherhood, the Corrie baby club and Street pal Kym Marsh’s good news..
    Family is obviously a major focus for Jane, 32. While many soap stars get itchy feet after such a long stint in one job, she is happy to stay where she is while the kids – Harry, four, and two-year-old Sam – are still little.
    “I have different responsibilities now I’m a mum,” she says.
    “I have the children to look after. While they are so young I wouldn’t like to be travelling all over the country, and having a steady and secure role means I get to tuck them into bed almost every night. That means a lot.”
    And knowing how precious her own children are, Jane was delighted to hear her friend and co-star Kym Marsh gave birth to a little girl Polly last month, after losing her baby boy Archie when he was born prematurely in 2009.
    “I am so relieved everything went well,” she says. “I’ve not been to see Kym yet but given what she’s been through, it’s probably best to let her do a bit of bonding and nesting first. I’m sure little Polly is beautiful.”
    And with so many young mums all in one place, Jane reveals how they have set up a ‘going out’ club to ease the demands of juggling motherhood and the Street.
    “It’s usually me, Samia Smith, Alison King, Julia Haworth, Jenny Platt and Tina O’Brien. Hopefully we’ll get Kym out later in the year. It’s great to let our hair down.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...#ixzz1JeYlUOJB
    Last edited by alan45; 16-04-2011 at 04:35.

Coronation Street character Leanne Barlow will reportedly lose her unborn baby.

The People claims that Leanne, played by Jane Danson, will initially be delighted on discovering that she is finally pregnant with Peter's baby.

However, tragedy strikes when, after a furious row with Peter (Chris Gascoyne), Leanne falls down the stairs and miscarries.

Danson is said to have been moved to tears after reading the script for the storyline, which will allegedly be filmed next week.

She apparently told friends: "It's incredibly sad."

The reports remain unconfirmed by ITV bosses.

Danson recently hinted that Leanne and Peter's relationship will return to the forefront of the soap in the summer.

She won 'Best Dramatic Performance' at last night's British Soap Awards.

i really wish peter and leanne could be happy together after all the nick palava and peter nearly dying

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xcarlyx For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (17-05-2011), tammyy2j (18-05-2011)

I agree let Leanne, Peter and Simon be happy for a change.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

xcarlyx (17-05-2011)

Yes it would nice to see them happy for a while but I guess Chris and Jane are two of the best actors on the show so they get the dramatic storylines

Thread Information