Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Leanne Battersby

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson has hinted at what fans can expect from two tales of heartbreak ahead on the cobbles.

Weatherfield bookie Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) has been tipped to put his family life with wife Leanne (Jane Danson) in jeopardy in the coming weeks by embarking on an affair with Carla Connor (Alison King), while Karl Munro's relationship with Stella Price is also expected to come under strain in the New Year.

Speaking of Peter and Carla's future, Collinson told Inside Soap: "It's been a long story and I think we owe it to the audience to see them together. I genuinely don't know where that story is going, but they're two damaged people and it definitely isn't going to be an easy journey.

"Peter's caught between two women who offer him very different things - Carla's exciting and different and new, while Leanne is safe and familiar - and in every single way she's the best thing that's ever happened to him.

"Peter is brilliantly complicated and is never going to take the easy option, so there's certainly heartbreak in store for Leanne and Simon." I hope they don't split up, lets see a couple overcome their problems for a change

Collinson also said that the problems ahead for Karl (John Michie) and Stella (Michelle Collins) will be a big plot for early 2012.

"Karl has a number of secrets that Stella has missed, and the start of 2012 is going to be tough," he explained. "Karl may turn to someone else as he sets off on a dark journey which threatens his and Stella's future. It's a big storyline."
    Maybe they will leave the cobbles once Karl has got them into big financial difficulties, we can only hope
    Please dont have Karl turn to Leanne

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Please dont have Karl turn to Leanne
    noooooooooooooo

"Collinson also said that the problems ahead for Karl (John Michie) and Stella (Michelle Collins) will be a big plot for early 2012."

Do we really care about Karl and Stella?

Coronation Street star Chris Gascoyne has revealed that his character Peter Barlow will be pushed to the edge as he is haunted by the memories of Weatherfield's tram crash disaster.

Fans already know that there are troubles ahead for Peter and it has now been confirmed that the upcoming first anniversary of the crash drives him to a desperate state.

Peter was in The Joinery bar when it was destroyed in the incident last December. Ashley Peacock (Steven Arnold) later died while trying to save the bookmaker.

Gascoyne told Soaplife of the new storyline: "Every time that night's mentioned, it brings up feelings that he really doesn't want to surface. He's never confronted what happened that night. The anniversary pushes him to an all-time low."

Peter's turmoil begins when Emily Bishop (Eileen Derbyshire) asks him to make a speech at a memorial service which is being planned to mark the anniversary.

"The thought of it absolutely terrifies him," Gascoyne continued. "He's spent the whole of the past year trying not to think about it. On the one hand, it makes him very grateful he's alive, but on the other it makes him feel guilty.

"Guilty that Ashley died and he didn't. Guilty he's not moved on - that the crash hasn't changed him into a better person."

The storyline is expected to lead to Peter turning to alcohol again and embarking on an affair with Carla Connor (Alison King), as previously reported.

Gascoyne said: "He's slowly realising his feelings for Carla and obviously he's tempted by drink during this period. Alcohol might weaken his resolve."

Quote Originally Posted by ellie2 View Post
    "collinson also said that the problems ahead for karl (john michie) and stella (michelle collins) will be a big plot for early 2012."

do we really care about karl and stella?
    nope

An affair has been brewing for months, but Peter Barlow and Carla Connor finally make a commitment to one another this fortnight.

The anniversary of the tram crash brings back appalling memories for survivor Peter, but bad news just keeps on coming. First, the fella discovers that his Alcoholics Anonymous sponsor, Jonno, is seriously ill in hospital – then wife Leanne’s fertility test results reveal that she can’t conceive naturally.

Just as he’s already tempted to hit the bottle, he finds out Jonno has died – but it’s the pressure of making a speech at the tram crash commemoration that pushes him over the edge, and right into Carla’s arms.

Guess Carla will be pregnant before Leanne can say IVF

Coronation Street star Jane Danson has hinted that there could be a future for her character Leanne Barlow's marriage even if she discovers her husband Peter's upcoming affair.

Peter is expected to embark on a secret relationship with Carla Connor (Alison King) as his personal problems escalate in a forthcoming storyline.

However, Leanne has her own history of infidelity as she cheated on Peter with Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) late last year.

Asked whether Leanne could ever forgive Peter if she discovered the truth, Danson told TV Times: "I don't think she could not forgive him, because she's done the same thing. I'm assuming there'll be lots of rows and tears - again - if she finds out what's going on."

She continued: "Personally, I like them as a couple, even though they've not had many happy times. But I do think that to make any future happy times believable, they have to be apart for a considerable amount of time."

Meanwhile, Chris Gascoyne - who plays Peter - explained why his character finds himself drawn to Carla. The pair have often had heart-to-hearts due to their experiences with alcoholism.

"I think he's attracted to her, and I think there's a co-dependency there, whether they're drinking or not," Gascoyne said. "They understand each other perhaps on a different level that Peter and Leanne understand each other."

Coronation Street continues on Thursday night at 8pm on ITV1.

Why do they say they owe it to the audience to see Peter and Carla together?? I don't want them together, and I don't know any Corrie fan who does. Why can't they just have a couple who have problems but then work things out and stay faithful to one another??

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to contradiction For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-12-2011), parkerman (01-12-2011), tammyy2j (01-12-2011)

WTF is wrong with Corrie do they want to send themselves in to a mini EE where they have everyone jumping into bed with any Tom, Dick or Harry. Leanne and Peter are perfect together they've both come throught tough times in their lives and survived and Leanne adores Simon. Why break up a happy relationship in the name of viewers votes. If they do split them up and Peter goes with Carla how long will it be before she drops her draws for someone else and gets fed up with Peter.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-12-2011)

I will give it 4 months and she will be with someone else..
    Super Mod

Thread Information