Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Leanne Battersby

Coronation Street star Alison King has admitted that her character Carla Connor will feel "selfish" as she embarks on an affair with Peter Barlow in an upcoming storyline.

Carla is left thrilled in the coming days when Peter (Chris Gascoyne) confesses his true feelings for her and vows to leave wife Leanne (Jane Danson). However, he later gets cold feet and is unable to go through with the split - meaning that his relationship with Carla must remain a secret.

King told Inside Soap: "She tells him not to say these things to her unless he means them - but Peter is adamant. This is Carla's dream come true, and she finally gives in. He stays the night, though they don't actually sleep together.

"Carla's scared of the consequences, but she loves Peter and he's finally telling her everything she's wanted to hear. Not for one moment does she think he won't do as he says."

Discussing what happens when Peter chooses not to leave Leanne, the actress continued: "Carla does start to realise how difficult it would be if the shoe was on the other foot, and she feels selfish. But now that she's had a taste of what she and Peter could have together, she can't go back to not having him at all."

Coronation Street launches the latest storyline twist next Thursday in a special episode focusing on Peter.

Coronation Street's Chris Gascoyne has said his character Peter Barlow could be killed off at any time.
    The actor has played the troubled alcoholic for 11 years and has seen him through many affairs, dodgy business schemes and even near death when he was hurt in the tram crash earlier this year. Peter is about to begin an affair with Carla Connor and Chris has no idea if his marriage to Leanne will last.
    He told the TV Times: "You never know with Peter, do you. This time next year he could easily be dead!
    "That's one of the things I really enjoy - finding out how his life is going to unfold."
    Chris also revealed he doesn't think Peter and Carla's relationship will last, if Peter left Leanne for her.
    He said: "Peter likes the chase. Leanne's become his wife and his little boy's mum, and it's become boring to him.
    "I think it would be the same with Carla when reality kicks in and they have to go to work, or Simon is sick in the middle of the night."

Coronation Street star Chris Gascoyne has admitted that his character Peter Barlow has not forgiven wife Leanne for her affair.

Leanne (Jane Danson) cheated on Peter with Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) late last year, but she ultimately managed to salvage her relationship with the bookie when they realised that they couldn't live without each other.

However, as previously revealed, more trouble lies ahead for the Barlows' marriage in the coming weeks as alcoholic Peter will soon start drinking again before embarking on a secret relationship of his own with Carla Connor (Alison King).

Gascoyne told Take It Easy of the storyline: "I think he is slowly realising his feelings for Carla. I think falling off the wagon and having a drink gives him a bit of Dutch courage to express his true feelings.

"Leanne and Peter are not getting on too well because Leanne is struggling to get pregnant and has become very short-tempered. Their relationship is getting increasingly strained."

Asked whether Peter has put Leanne's infidelity behind him, the actor replied: "No, I don't think he has. He tries to, and tells Leanne that he has, but somewhere inside him it still hurts. His subsequent actions might even have a touch of revenge about them - not a lot, but it is there within him."

Coronation Street fans will see Peter drawn back to Carla later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    WTF is wrong with Corrie do they want to send themselves in to a mini EE where they have everyone jumping into bed with any Tom, Dick or Harry. Leanne and Peter are perfect together they've both come throught tough times in their lives and survived and Leanne adores Simon. Why break up a happy relationship in the name of viewers votes. If they do split them up and Peter goes with Carla how long will it be before she drops her draws for someone else and gets fed up with Peter.
    Peter and Leanne are not happy though. I think Leanne still has feelings for Nick too.

Peter, being an alcoholic, wants an instant fix so that he can avoid facing his issues (and has swapped his alcoholism for an addiction to Carla). He's a "runner" - he has frequently in the past run away from difficult issues rather than facing up to them, and he's doing it again. Rather than get help for what is presumably Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, he's avoiding dealing with it by getting involved with Carla in what is actually an act of narcissism.

why are they doing this! Leanne and Peter should just have been left to stay together. Why cant there be any happy couples left. Its all getting too depressing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Peter and Leanne are not happy though. I think Leanne still has feelings for Nick too.
    I think she is well over Nick

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I think she is well over Nick
    I'm not so sure.

Coronation Street's Leanne Barlow will take time out from the cobbles after her husband Peter confesses his love for Carla Connor, a report has claimed.

Leanne, played by Jane Danson, is left devastated when Peter is forced to come clean in the aftermath of Frank Foster's rape trial, according to the Daily Star.

As previously reported, Peter and Carla's affair will apparently be exposed in court when pictures of the pair kissing - taken by a private investigator working for Frank (Andrew Lancel) - are submitted in court.

© ITV

Peter later tells Leanne: "Okay, it's time for the truth. I didn't want you to find out like this, but I love Carla and we want to be together."

Following Peter's confession, Leanne packs her bags and departs in the back of a taxi - even after her stepson Simon (Alex Bain) has tearfully begged her to stay.

Some reports have suggested that Danson will be taking a few months off from Coronation Street as part of the storyline twist.

However, a Coronation Street spokesperson said that the actress is merely taking a two-week holiday.

Danson recently said that she hoped Peter and Leanne would find happiness, adding: "I do think that to make any future happy times believable, they have to be apart for a considerable amount of time."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-01-2012)

Poor Simon he will hurt the most in this

Thread Information