Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Luther

Wow I love this serie. It is so out of the box. The tension is building in just one episode. And the ending of episode one is again totally unexpected. You gotta love this.

Tuesday 5 July
    9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE and BBC ONE HD

Luther's (Idris Elba) life spirals out of controlLuther's personal and professional life spirals out of control as he tries to cover up a death and appease a suspicious Baba, in the concluding part of the crime drama. He must also protect Jenny from any further harm.

At work there's also a killer at large whose actions are ruled by his dice. How do you stop a man who sees life and death as a game and whose actions can't be predicted?

Confronted with the gruesome reality of his actions, Luther has a momentary flicker of doubt, questioning whether he can go through with his plan. He knows that by continuing he is moving further into the dark abyss of the criminal world than he ever has before. But he must, for Jenny. Steeling his nerves he commits to his plan before hurrying back to work.

I just new the killer was going to appear at the end. I was waiting for him to be standing in the room when Erin closed the curtains but no he wasn't there so yes he had to be in the car. Still jumped out my skin though.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Luther creator Neil Cross has revealed that he is planning a film spinoff.

The writer told BBC Radio 4's Front Row that he intends to make the movie once the BBC crime drama has ended.

"We'll wrap up Luther as a TV show, but I think we'll then probably make the leap to the big screen," he said.

Cross added that the television incarnation of Luther would have a "powerful and moving ending".

"The final scene of the final episode is great and we wouldn't want to continue [beyond that]," he explained. "We'll go out big and leave it at that."

Last year, Luther star Idris Elba admitted that he is also keen to make a film based on the show.

"I really do want to make Luther into a film," he said. "I think that's where the ultimate Luther story will unfold - the big silver screen."

The Golden Globe-winning drama will return for a third run of four 60-minute episodes later this year.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

N.Fan (22-03-2012)

Idris Elba will start filming a third series of dark crime thriller Luther later this month, it has been confirmed.

The BBC has released a special video which details the show's plans for four new episodes about the cop John Luther.

http://i1.cdnds.net/11/51/618x354/sc...12-15-at-16.33

"We start shooting in November. To create something as brilliant as Luther takes time. But it will be worth the wait," says the video.

"There will be four, perfectly dark, chillingly-formed episodes."

The video cryptically hints that Ruth Wilson's fan favourite character Alice Morgan will return for series three.

Show creator Neil Cross has previously suggested that he is planning a Luther movie and an Alice spinoff, which are likely to follow the third series.

The first two series of Luther were both voted in Digital Spy's Top 25 Shows in 2010 and 2011.
    Last edited by Perdita; 01-11-2012 at 15:18.

Sienna Guillory has joined the cast of Luther for the crime drama's third series.

The latest run of the BBC thriller - which stars Idris Elba as maverick cop John Luther - recently began shooting.

© Rex Features / Startraks Photo

Resident Evil actress Guillory will play Luther's new love interest Mary, who meets the rogue detective in a chance encounter.

"You realise why Luther is so good when you read Neil Cross's scripts, and then you meet Idris and understand what 'untamed' means," said the actress.

"There is no other set I'd rather be on, and I love the disastrous fun of being Mary Day, the right girl in the wrong place."

Four new 60-minute episodes of Luther will see Elba's character on a mission to bring down a ruthless ex-copper.

Idris Elba said: "I want to thank the fans for waiting so patiently for the new season. We're thrilled to deliver it to you. Here comes John!"

Warren Brown (Good Cop) will also return as Luther's partner DS Justin Ripley, alongside Nikki Amuka-Bird (DS Erin Gray), Dermot Crowley (DSU Martin Schenk) and Michael Smiley (Benny Deadhead).

Further guest stars include Lucian Msamati (Game of Thrones) and Ned Dennehy (Parade's End, Tyrannosaur).

Series creator Neil Cross has expressed his desire to produce both a Luther movie and a spinoff show featuring the character of Alice Morgan (Ruth Wilson) once the third series has aired.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...#ixzz2D3uvvYMo
    Last edited by Perdita; 23-11-2012 at 17:03.

Ruth Wilson will apparently reprise her role of Alice Morgan in the third series of Luther.

A publicity shot from the hit BBC drama's third series appears to reveal that Wilson's glamorous killer will reappear in the new episodes.

Alice killed her parents in the first series of Luther and crossed paths with Idris Elba's title character, though the maverick cop was unable to prove her guilt.

Their twisted relationship appeared to come to an end in series two, when Luther broke his psychopathic ally out of a mental institute but refused to flee the country alongside her.

A video announcing the start of filming on the third, four-part series of Luther previously hinted at the character's return, claiming that "only Alice knows" if she will reappear in Luther's life.

Luther creator Neil Cross previously revealed that he is planning an Alice spinoff, claiming that the BBC is "very interested" in a miniseries featuring the character.

A Luther movie is also thought to be in the planning stages and would be shot after the third series has aired.

When does Season 3 start?

BBC One posted a video announcing that the new series (the UK term for TV seasons) of Luther will begin shooting later this month. Though the announcement does not set an absolute release date, it’s safe to assume that the four “perfectly dark, chillingly-formed” (gotta love that over-the-top pulp spirit) new episodes will air sometime in 2013.
    Luther follows the life and unsettling adventures of Detective Constable Inspector John Luther, a brilliant (and slightly unhinged) London homicide cop. Over the course of two previous seasons, Luther has solved many a deranged murder case while repeatedly failing to cope with his own personal demons. Only through his steel-trap mind, knack for choosing the right friends, and sheer determination has Luther managed to avoid discharge and death. Now it looks like he’s about to start the whole gut-churning cycle over again.

Of course, a simple teaser video without a single shot to back it up leaves us with an overwhelming question-to-answer ratio. For instance, the first two seasons took rather different approaches to their narrative structure. Will season 3 copy an earlier season, or take off in an entirely new direction?

The video asks, “Will Alice return?” followed by the coy response, “Only Alice knows.” One of Luther’s real pleasures is watching DCI Luther matching wits with ultra-genius sociopath Alice Morgan (Ruth Wilson, of the upcoming The Lone Ranger), whom he holds in equal parts fascination and disgust. Without that dynamic, Luther will lack one of its most lively and propulsive dynamics. As such, Alice’s return (even as a bit part) is all but guaranteed.

If you’re a fan of noir, crime dramas, or police procedurals, you owe it to yourself to give Luther a watch – both of the aired seasons are streaming on Netflix. It’s not a perfect series by any measure – its melodrama can often feel treacly and some of the cases veer into cartoonish pulp that clashes sharply with the show’s more realistic moments. All that said, Luther delivers some of the darkest and most electrifying thrills of any crime series on TV.

If you want to know why so many people want Idris Elba to step into the tuxedo of 007, Luther is the first stop on your journey to understanding. His depiction of a man who is simultaneously tough as nails and emotionally damaged is captivating – even when it’s shoved into moments that wouldn’t be out of place in an episode of CSI. Needless to say, it’s quite exciting that DCI Luther will once again be stalking about the edges of crime scenes, quoting David Bowie and making one too many moral compromises.

While Luther season 3 has no announced air date, it seems likely that it will be released in 2013.

Source: BBC One (via Entertainment Weekly)
    Last edited by Perdita; 24-05-2013 at 15:22.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (24-05-2013)

A trailer for the third series of BBC crime drama Luther has been revealed.

The new series - beginning next month in the UK - will see Idris Elba's DCI John Luther investigating two conflicting crimes while a ruthless ex-cop tries to bring him down.

Ruth Wilson has been confirmed to return as Luther's psychopathic accomplice Alice Morgan and Resident Evil's Sienna Guillory will be introduced as a new love interest for the detective.

The show began shooting scenes for the four-part run last November.

The BBC has confirmed that Luther will return in the UK in July, while it is due to air on BBC America in September.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Brucie (10-06-2013)

Thread Information