Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Luther

New BBC detective series Luther suffered a massive drop in its audience on Tuesday night.

The programme, which stars The Wire's Idris Elba, appealed to 4.05m (17.9%) on BBC One from 9pm, representing an almost 1.3m week-on-week drop.

However, the show still comfortably won the 9pm hour, after The Bill attracted just 2.66m (11.7%) to ITV1.

Holby City, which was not shown last week due to a BBC News special on David Cameron becoming prime minister, pulled in 5.71m (26.7%) for BBC One in the 8pm hour.

On ITV1, documentary series Children's Hospital appealed to 2.5m (12.4%) from 7.30pm, and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire gained 3.19m (14.9%) in the 8pm hour.

BBC Two's Coast averaged 1.61m (8.4%) from 7pm. It was followed by Theo's Adventure Capitalists, with 900k (4.2%), a 360k week-on-week increase.

The Story of Science took 1.72m (7.6%) for BBC Two in the 9pm hour, but it was beaten by Heston's Ultimate Feast, which pulled in 1.86m (8.3%) for Channel 4 and 217k (1.2%) on timeshift.

Also on Channel 4, Supersize vs Superskinny averaged 1.9m (8.9%) in the 8pm hour and 254k (1.1%) on timeshift, and documentary Our Daughter: The Mermaid had 1.52m (9.1%) from 10pm and 118k (1.3%) on timeshift.

Cowboy Builders saw an impressive 330k week-on-week increase to 1.34m (6.5%) on Five in the 8pm hour.

Later on the channel, CSI appealed to 2.02m (8.9%) from 9pm to 10pm.

Overall, BBC One dominated primetime with 24.5% compared to ITV1's 14.7%. Channel 4 took third place with 7.4% (+1: 0.9%), ahead of BBC Two with 6.2% and Five with 5.8%.

Elsewhere, the final episode of Blood, Sweat And Luxuries pulled in 612k (2.7%) for BBC Three in the 9pm hour, then a repeat of EastEnders managed 996k (5.1%) from 10pm.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-05-2010)

oh i really love this program!!! think its soooo goof although proberly unrealisitc i LOVE it!
    wish there will be a series 2!!!!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellena View Post
    oh i really love this program!!! think its soooo goof although proberly unrealisitc i LOVE it!
    wish there will be a series 2!!!!
    Oh I love the show myself, I find it DIFFERENT from most cop shows,, but thats just me,,

Its renewed for a 2nd season

Last edited by tammyy2j; 08-05-2011 at 23:27.

Tuesday 28 June
    9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE and BBC ONE HD
    www.bbc.co.uk/luther

Spoiler:
    As Luther's affection grows for Jenny, the quirky girl who is integrating herself into his life, so does his determination to protect her, as the crime drama continues. His wish to get her back on her feet even overrides his obsession with work and, for the first time in too long, he takes a holiday to help her. Their domestic morning is interrupted, however, by news of a violent attack at a petrol station. Luther reluctantly leaves Jenny, warning her to be careful.

Meanwhile, Baba and her heavies continue to make their demands on Luther. As yet, he has been unable to find a way to end their blackmail. However, when Toby and Frank set Luther another task, he sees an opening through the obvious antagonism between the two men. For Jenny's sake he knows he must do what they say but, slowly, a plan to exploit Frank's frustration with Toby starts to formulate in his mind...

I thought it was back on the 14th of June?

It is.

Tuesday 14 June
    www.bbc.co.uk/luther

Spoiler:

Luther (Idris Elba) returns as the near-genius murder detective. A year after the death of estranged wife Zoe and best friend Ian Reed's betrayal, Luther remains tortured by the past, as the drama starring Idris Elba as the near-genius murder detective returns.

While Alice bides her time in a psychiatric unit and Ripley languishes in uniform, Luther has been shut away with dusty files working on cold cases. His only solace exists in his newfound friendship with Mark North and their late-night chess games – forever bonded by the person that once divided them: Zoe.

Former investigating officer Martin Schenk offers Luther a role in the new Serious and Serial Unit, and Luther accepts. He is determined to devote his energy to reinstating DS Justin Ripley as a rising star in the police force and help those who he inadvertently hurt or compromised in the past, including Alice.

The team, complete with the new addition of ambitious DS Erin Gray, is immediately faced with a surreal and nightmarish case. They must catch a man who hides behind a Punch mask as he brutally murders his victims. Luther quickly concludes that this man is obsessed with fairytale and mythology and is determined to enter into historical folklore himself by accomplishing one final devastating set piece.

Luther's focus is disrupted by the arrival of Caroline Jones, the wife of a man Luther committed to prison long ago. Caroline blames Luther for the destruction of her family and now demands his help to rescue her daughter, Jenny.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (09-06-2011)

Tuesday 21 June
    www.bbc.co.uk/luther

Spoiler:
    Luther (Idris Elba) is devastated by news of his colleague's abduction. Luther is devastated by the news of his colleague's abduction and throws himself into the investigation, knowing Cameron has an ultimate plan that is far more horrific than any of his previous murders.

A desperate call from Caroline forces Luther to put his investigation on hold. At Caroline's house he comes face to face with Baba, Jenny's ruthless and vengeful gang boss. Baba considers Jenny her property and wants compensation from Luther for taking Jenny from her. Luther must either help her or both Caroline and Jenny will die. Baba wants him to prevent a witness, currently held in a safehouse, from implicating her grandson, Toby, in a forthcoming trial. Unable to see an alternative, Luther agrees, frustrated at once again finding himself forced to act outside of police procedure.

I didn't catch Luther last year as it clashed with CSI, but I'm going to catch this series.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information